Roddrick Muckelroy Texas Linebacker #38

HRUSS58

Senior LB Roddrick Muckelroy has been selected as the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week for games played on Sept. 19, the conference office has announced.

It marks the second straight week a Longhorn has earned the honor after Lamarr Houston did so last week.

In the 34-24 win over Texas Tech, Muckelroy led the team with 10 tackles, a sack for a 14-yard loss, two TFL, two pressures and a PBU. UT allowed just 125 yards on 44 plays (2.8 ypp) on the nine Texas Tech drives that did not result in scores. The Horns held the Red Raiders to two first downs or fewer on all nine of those drives and only allowed three third-down conversions on 13 attempts for the game. UT’s D also limited Tech to minus-6 yards rushing.

Texas held Texas Tech without a TD and only gave up 156 total yards in the first half. Tech opened the game with a 10-play, 56-yard FG drive, but could only manage 100 yards on 32 plays (3.1 ypp) for the rest of the half. It marked the first time in 19 games Texas Tech did not score a TD in the first half.

A second-team All-Big 12 selection last year, Muckelroy leads the team with 23 tackles in addition to a sack, four TFL, four pressures and two PBU so far this season.

For his career, Muckelroy has tallied 212 tackles (130 solo), 17 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 10 pressures, an INT, six PBU, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in 31 career games (20 starts). He has posted eight 10-tackle games during his career.

I thought smoaky would post it, but I guess its not Sean Witherspoon.

STUD. Watched him excel at Hallsville for four years. As a junior he was matched up against Adrian Petersen in a playoff game in Tyler (Hallsville won). Probably next year he will be matched up against Petersen again in the NFL. Muckelroy does not get the attention he deserves IMO. Above all he is consistent.

STUD. Watched him excel at Hallsville for four years. As a junior he was matched up against Adrian Petersen in a playoff game in Tyler (Hallsville won). Probably next year he will be matched up against Petersen again in the NFL. Muckelroy does not get the attention he deserves IMO. Above all he is consistent.

Too much Colt and Jordan going on in austin for the broadcasters to have anything else to talk about...lol. Seriously though this kid is very good and had he played in the sec the media would be all over him. Just hard to draw attention away from all the heisman hype in austin...

Too much Colt and Jordan going on in austin for the broadcasters to have anything else to talk about...lol. Seriously though this kid is very good and had he played in the sec the media would be all over him. Just hard to draw attention away from all the heisman hype in austin...

Well on the offensive side of the ball... Its all been on how Kindle has been doing good or bad all season... Muck is WAY overshadowed. I remember when i scrimmaged him my freshman year (he was a senior) and he was lined up as a RB... I went for tackle and got TOWED! I made the tackle because his foot hit my helmet and i tripped him. This boy will be a stud wherever he goes, he wont WOW people but he will be consitant no matter what.

I thought smoaky would post it, but I guess its not Sean Witherspoon.

I'll post it on the front page and I appreciate the heads up because I didn't know either, but I'm not sure what you're implying with this certain comment. It was an oversight obviously and every once in a while that happens. We love Muck as much as all the other East Texas players and have given him tons of love and props over the last few years. Please clarify your last comment if you wouldn't mind. And oh yeah, it's Weatherspoon.

Craig Smoak

Smoaky.com Vice President

99.3 TALK FM Sports Department

[email protected]/[email protected]

His brother (Kendrick) was the best player I've ever seen in high school, and Yes! I also seen Adarian Peterson, Eddie Jones, Graham Harrell, O man this list could go on. Hands down the best.

Agree. He was an absolute stud on both sides of the ball. On offense he had an extra gear. He would either run away from you or over you. Incredible balance and ability to change direction. I swear he could change direction in mid-air if he needed to. And on defense, he was going to find you. Once he found you you were looking for your mouthpiece.