Prayers in Gilmer

CasualObserver70

I'm hoping everyone in the Smoaky nation will please pray for Matt Camp.

Matt has for years been the play by play man for the Gilmer Buckeyes internet broadcast, which is his connection to this site. But anyone who knows Matt knows he is much more than the voice of the Buckeyes. Matt is one of the nicest men in most devout Christians I have ever met.

Matt has for the last few years been dealing with Cancer. He has spent months in Houston at M.D. Anderson and more recently at the Cancer Center in Tulsa. Now, Matt is being sent home, as the doctors are telling him there is no more they can do.

I know that every breath any of us breathe is a gift from God, and only He knows the number of our days. I also know that for all of us who trust Christ, to live is Christ and to die is gain. I'm asking for prayers that God would do a work in his life. Matt is a Christian witness to everyone he meets (he ends every Gilmer broadcast with "remember God loves you and so do we"). Right now, he and his family are in real need of your prayers.

I will pray for Matt, and thank God for you and your witness.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to school with Matt and he was the last person you would expect this happening to. I know diseases are not discriminating but his life was a great model for any man. And I mean that, not guy, not good buudy, but MAN. He was a real man and lived his life to show that with great integrity. He has helped me out several times in the past and I believe he is a winner in life or death. Although i am still believing for a miracle and I know God can reach down and touch his body he will be healed. I cant encourage everyone else enough to continue to pray for him. Matt we love you no matter what. Hang in there man,..................

I don't know Matt personally, but I have had the opportunity to hear him broadcast, and also I have a friend who went to school with his dad, so I have heard much about the Camp family. Matt has been an inspiration to all, and I am praying that God will continue to use Matt for His glory.

I don't know Matt personally, but I have had the opportunity to hear him broadcast, and also I have a friend who went to school with his dad, so I have heard much about the Camp family. Matt has been an inspiration to all, and I am praying that God will continue to use Matt for His glory.

prayers from crockett and kbht radio.

After reading the posts on here about Matt,,,, it's honestly a little convicting. Everyone should strive to live their life in a way that when you face trials like Matt's going through right now,, that other people would say things about you like I'm reading about Matt. I don't know that the same kind of comments would be said about me. So from that standpoint,,, Matts life will continue to be an inspiration for me. It's a pretty easy thing, to talk about your life,, and your Christian walk. But it's a whole other thing to actually 'live it' the way Matt has. My hat's off to ya,, and my heart is with ya my friend. Your a very good reflection/model/example of our Savior. Thank you so much for calling me a friend.

Matt Camp is now home with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Many prayers extended to his wife and son. I know his church family will be there to offer as much support as possible. But after just losing a sister-in-law to cancer, grieving is a process that will take a lot of time, love, and prayers. Sometimes we forget at time goes by just how much the family needs that encouragement and prayer support.

Matt Camp is now home with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Many prayers extended to his wife and son. I know his church family will be there to offer as much support as possible. But after just losing a sister-in-law to cancer, grieving is a process that will take a lot of time, love, and prayers. Sometimes we forget at time goes by just how much the family needs that encouragement and prayer support.

Yep,, I just got a call about 35 minutes ago,, that Matt had indeed gone on to Glory. This is such a sad day around Gilmer. He will be sorely missed. I have not heard of any arrangements for his funeral either. Will keep you informed if I do. I know you will all keep praying for his family,, they need those prayers now as never before. Thanks guys.

I had the honor of coaching Matt when he was in High School. Not only was he a great player, he was an even better man. Selfishly, my heart is breaking with this news, but, as a christian, I know that Matt has won the greatest victory ever. Matt will be loved and missed by everyone whose lives he touched. I know that I am a better man for the time I got to spend with him on the diamond.

Coach Steve Marrs