Baucus Health Plan Would Cost Texans More Than $20 Billion

TheShadowKnows

Sen. Cornyn Opening Statement At Mark-Up Of Baucus Proposal

Announces New Data Showing Baucus Health Plan Would Cost Texans More Than $20 Billion

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the Senate Finance Committee, delivered his opening statement at the Finance Committee mark up of Chairman Baucus’ health care reform bill. Among other remarks, Sen. Cornyn announced the findings of a report he requested from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, which estimates that Chairman Baucus’ health care proposal would have a devastating impact on Texas. It would increase Texas Medicaid costs by $20.4 billion over 10 years. Additionally, 2.5 million more Texans will end up on a government program
----------------------------------------------------

I was sent this via e-mail from John Corynan. Yes, I am that special!! :woohoo:

I got it too....and I was angered that he has joined in with the rhetoric that we need to do something to "fix" the healthcare system....SENATOR....IT AIN'T BROKE....LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! I won't be supporting him in his next bid for the senate.......he's a compromiser....he's been in Washington so long that he's become just like the rest of them.....

I got it too....and I was angered that he has joined in with the rhetoric that we need to do something to "fix" the healthcare system....SENATOR....IT AIN'T BROKE....LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! I won't be supporting him in his next bid for the senate.......he's a compromiser....he's been in Washington so long that he's become just like the rest of them.....

Colmes...Cornyn was blasting the Baucus bill/compromise as being bad for Texans.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...an/6631995.html

I got that, but he then said in the email that he sent out (I got it too, JVCoach) that we had to find a way to fix the healthcare system.....translation (in my opinion): He doesn't like the big government solution of the dims, so he's going to look for a big government solution that he can get behind......

The cost of healthcare needs to be fixed and the best way to do it would be to eliminate alot of paper work and lawsuits. This is the way I see it (but I do wear glasses) I think Jon got a wake up call this year and has responded correctly ( not perferctly). SO I aint gonna say ye or nay ,as of yet, as far as my ballot is determined.

Louie Gohmart needs to be a senator from texas (or president of it) That man is a conservative.