LV vs Sulphur Springs Showdown

tiger19

Who Wins?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Longview or Sulphur Springs

• Longview
    • Sulphur Springs

jeffjam, if that wasn't a lineman who got pancaked then which position did he play? it looked like a lineman number that get hit by darden on the howard return. and its already been said that our passing game is not the best maybe not even average, i mean all you have to do is look at the stat book to see that. and thatguy10 i suppose it is retarded of me or anyone else to think that production could drop off with the loss of two great players. Ignorance is bliss :)

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be mistaken about the pancake com (i was there too). But if thats the way you remember it, take that lie and wrap it around you like a warm blanket. 2 years ago SS won district and got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. Last year we lost to LV and TH and won state. Winning State had much more of an impact then losing to TH and LV. But thanks for the practice. FYI, I know LV is a very good team.

It was the DB Alonte Darden on the interception return for a TD. I remember it too. You know, one of the picks your "all world" QB threw? The same all world QB that led SS to 13 freaking points LMAO! Yeah, you won state. Congrats. Now every time you look at your trophy, you'll see 14-2 and it will remind you that two teams humiliated you and you were by no means the best team in your own district, much less the state, and you got lucky you didn't have to go through Carter, Midway, Guyer, or Lake Travis, all of who probably would have embarrassed you worse than Longview and THigh did.

jeffjam, if that wasn't a lineman who got pancaked then which position did he play? it looked like a lineman number that get hit by darden on the howard return. and its already been said that our passing game is not the best maybe not even average, i mean all you have to do is look at the stat book to see that. and thatguy10 i suppose it is retarded of me or anyone else to think that production could drop off with the loss of two great players. Ignorance is bliss :)

What's funny is that our passing game is NOT that great. But it doesn't matter. I remember McCray gashing SS and rarely running for fewer than 10 yards on any play. It got so bad that one time we got called for holding and their fans started cheering despite being down by 3 TDs. I guess they'd take a negative play any way they could get it, because they certainly weren't forcing one. LOL

so lobos2004 it was a lineman that got nailed right? I'm not just wrapping myself up in a warm blanket here?

I'm wanting to say it was #69. I think it COULD have been a tight end, but it was definitely a guy that had a foot and about 60 pounds on Darden. And it wasn't a crackback either. He saw him coming at him and couldn't do anything about it. Kinda like the SS defense when Longview ran the ball haha

I'm wanting to say it was #69. I think it COULD have been a tight end, but it was definitely a guy that had a foot and about 60 pounds on Darden. And it wasn't a crackback either. He saw him coming at him and couldn't do anything about it. Kinda like the SS defense when Longview ran the ball haha

that fool got decleated/pancaked BAD! LMAO! hey lobos2004 don't get run over like the SS defense did last yr. McCray will have another great game against SS and LV will win by 14+

another thing i read about how SS would rather trade a district championship for a state title and the LV and THIGH game didn't matter blah blah blah... SS had an easy division and prolly wouldnt have been able to get past Lancaster in ours LOL! SS reminded me of Lee in '04 they ran through their bracket easily and won state when LV had to go through the likes of Lufkin where we got beat due to fumble after fumble...

that fool got decleated/pancaked BAD! LMAO! hey lobos2004 don't get run over like the SS defense did last yr. McCray will have another great game against SS and LV will win by 14+

another thing i read about how SS would rather trade a district championship for a state title and the LV and THIGH game didn't matter blah blah blah... SS had an easy division and prolly wouldnt have been able to get past Lancaster in ours LOL! SS reminded me of Lee in '04 they ran through their bracket easily and won state when LV had to go through the likes of Lufkin where we got beat due to fumble after fumble...

Everman and Rockwall Heath were decent teams. But that was about it. And yeah, Lee in 04 had a pretty easy path. Garland (lol), Berkner (who LH took to 4 OT), Trinity (who lost like 56-31 to Midland Lee and 29-20 to De Soto), and Spring Westfield (who Jamaal Charles OWNED by himself, rushing for 300 yards against them). Definitely no Lufkin (who had already beat Lee), Longview (who had already beaten Lee), Abilene, Southlake, Katy, Denton Ryan, etc.

If Longview comes to play, they'll win by 21. If they don't, they could lose.

Longview probably has the best offensive 4A team in the state at this point in the season but the Longview defensive side of the ball will need some help to get to the championship game in 4A. If Longview runs their power dives and power slants and mix in the QB options all night against SS they will win the game. Longview didn't look to polished at throwing the ball against T-High. If Longview get into trouble moving the ball they will put the game in the QB's hands and he is very good open field runner. I see the game going down with LV have 7 possessions and scoring on 6 of them. SS will have 5 possessions and score of 2 of the possessions maybe. LV 42 SS 14

What's funny is that our passing game is NOT that great. But it doesn't matter. I remember McCray gashing SS and rarely running for fewer than 10 yards on any play. It got so bad that one time we got called for holding and their fans started cheering despite being down by 3 TDs. I guess they'd take a negative play any way they could get it, because they certainly weren't forcing one. LOL

I remember Gilbert throwing for 5 TD's and running for 2 more. Do you also remember 48-23. LOL

None of last years games will have anything to do with this years game between LV and SS. LV wins a close one...........

I've said this many times this year and I'll say it again... Sulphur Springs is going to surprise a lot of people this season. This is probably the toughest game they'll play all year. The defense is going to have to play better than ever, Friday.

I don't necessarily want to say that Sulphur Springs will win but I think it'll be closer than expected. However, if SS comes out firing on all cylinders, they could pull the upset.

Geez i know you girls from longview are good but the cockiness is crazy out of you guys, oh and fyi we dont have a 69 and i have no idea what play you are talking about that was soooo funny....

Your the one to talk. You keep leaving ur speeches with ur record 5-0 and our record 4-1. Your cocky enough to put that on there. But we all know who our loss was to and who u have played for ur 5-0 record. But thats ok u will have to change it sat. to 5-1. Cockiness isnt it Confidence is it. :banghead:

Longview fans:

Could someone tell me what time & day the tickets go on sale for this weeks game. Also, what is the price? U2U me

Usually Tuesday. Not sure on the price, I want to say 10.

no bliss is somehting more like when half of longview is going home friday night with their ####### tails between their legs after ss beats them at home, you can hold me to that one! :sorcerer:

I really hope you show up on Friday night or Saturday morning following the game, after the amount of trash talking you're doing, if SS doesn't win.

Longview isn't the same animal they were last season, obviously, but they still are 4-1 on the season and have faced a helluva schedule. It might be closer than it was last season, but Longview finds ways to win district games...and especially games at Lobo Stadium, as we've already seen this season.

Good luck to the Wildcats and have a safe travel down to the View.

I think you are mistaken, when we look at our trophy, we will see "2008 STATE CHAMPIONS", which is something you guys will NOT see! PERIOD, there is no comeback from that! Basically what you said, is this, if LV wins state this year and doesn't lose another game, the will see the 1 loss and be reminded of Lufkin and the @$ whipping they gave LV and it will ruin and haunt their championship for all time??? That is just retarded, so shut up with that kind of nonsense on here!

See, the difference is that Lufkin is a 5A team, so that has nothing to do with a 4A state championship.

YOU lost to TWO 4A teams, who are the same classification as you. Not only did you lose, you got humiliated on your OWN PIECE OF TRASH FIELD. And then you had half a hundred hung on you by THigh. Congrats. You played an easy playoff road and got a state championship*. But it will always have an asterisk and it will always have the record 14-2. So every time you look, you'll always see "Oh yeah. We won state, but it was because we didn't have to play two of the best teams in the state who already humiliated us." Don't cry about it, just deal with it. :)

I remember Gilbert throwing for 5 TD's and running for 2 more. Do you also remember 48-23. LOL

None of last years games will have anything to do with this years game between LV and SS. LV wins a close one...........

Oh, look! SS fans have been reduced to living through Lake Travis, the #3 team in the nation. I guess they'd need to after they talked so much game last year only to get embarrassed by Longview in their own stadium which holds about 3,000 people LMAO!

I've said this many times this year and I'll say it again... Sulphur Springs is going to surprise a lot of people this season. This is probably the toughest game they'll play all year. The defense is going to have to play better than ever, Friday.

I don't necessarily want to say that Sulphur Springs will win but I think it'll be closer than expected. However, if SS comes out firing on all cylinders, they could pull the upset.

I think it'll be close if Longview plays the same way they have the past two weeks. If they come to play like they did vs Lee and Nachitoches, it might get out of hand like last year...

I like how when longview fans bring up any stat or talk about winning a game it is considered being cocky but whenever you SS fans talk about that championship trophy and try and rub it down our throats it is perfectly fine. And yeah Gilbert threw for 5 Tds and torched us....but that Nascar offense had to take multiple pit stops last year, might've caught a couple of flats. back in the day SS wouldn't have even had a shot at a title this 4 teams to the playoffs is retarded. For instance our 2nd to last year in 5a we played bryan adams who had won i think 3 or 4 games the whole year they just happened to be district games. It adds an extra week to the playoffs and there is no true champion. Yeah we got beat by LT badly there is no denying that but we also shutdown the nascar offense last year. but apparently us longview fans are just ignorant and dont know how great SS really is. I suppose we should just lay down let the nascar offense rev up and that fiery defense shut us down play after play after play. Since that is whats going to happen according to SS fans.

I like how when longview fans bring up any stat or talk about winning a game it is considered being cocky but whenever you SS fans talk about that championship trophy and try and rub it down our throats it is perfectly fine. And yeah Gilbert threw for 5 Tds and torched us....but that Nascar offense had to take multiple pit stops last year, might've caught a couple of flats. back in the day SS wouldn't have even had a shot at a title this 4 teams to the playoffs is retarded. For instance our 2nd to last year in 5a we played bryan adams who had won i think 3 or 4 games the whole year they just happened to be district games. It adds an extra week to the playoffs and there is no true champion. Yeah we got beat by LT badly there is no denying that but we also shutdown the nascar offense last year. but apparently us longview fans are just ignorant and dont know how great SS really is. I suppose we should just lay down let the nascar offense rev up and that fiery defense shut us down play after play after play. Since that is whats going to happen according to SS fans.

It's also funny how they cry about us being cocky, classless, whatever, when their posters are in cursing rages and use phrases like "retarded" as an insult.

See, the difference is that Lufkin is a 5A team, so that has nothing to do with a 4A state championship.

i dont know why you are loosing that as a fall back exuse, your team is only about 10-20 students off of being 5A, people keeping saying that we are garbage because we played a three a and other teams that are supposivaly no good but we are only 10-20 students off of being a 3A as well. Oh and who ever the person was crying about having the teams records up, i didnt mean it as a way of showing us having one more win than you, i have said nothing about Lufkin beating you..... :banghead: Oh and i do plan to be at the game friday watching ss put up points on your weak longview d :thumbsup:

YOU lost to TWO 4A teams, who are the same classification as you. Not only did you lose, you got humiliated on your OWN PIECE OF TRASH FIELD. And then you had half a hundred hung on you by THigh. Congrats. You played an easy playoff road and got a state championship*. But it will always have an asterisk and it will always have the record 14-2. So every time you look, you'll always see "Oh yeah. We won state, but it was because we didn't have to play two of the best teams in the state who already humiliated us." Don't cry about it, just deal with it. :)

This reference that you give about Lufkin being a 5A team and it not having to do anything with a 4A state championship is true. BUT, in retrospect, neither does LV or TH have anything with winning a 4A Div. 2 State Championship. As LV could go on to win a D1 4A title with a meaningless loss to Lufkin, so can SS go on to win a D2 4A title, even if losing to LV or TH or both, just as we did last year. Who cares about those losses from last year, besides you guys I guess. Who cares if you think our field is a piece of trash too? AND this about an asterisk by our title from last year??? WHATEVER you loser! Get over yourself. That's pathetic! We are all awaiting what you have to say next to embarass yourself, so come on. I'm sure you will think of something.

This reference that you give about Lufkin being a 5A team and it not having to do anything with a 4A state championship is true. BUT, in retrospect, neither does LV or TH have anything with winning a 4A Div. 2 State Championship. As LV could go on to win a D1 4A title with a meaningless loss to Lufkin, so can SS go on to win a D2 4A title, even if losing to LV or TH or both, just as we did last year. Who gives a #### about those losses from last year, besides you guys I guess. Who cares if you think our field is a piece of trash too? AND this about an asterisk by our title from last year??? WHATEVER you loser! Get over yourself. That's pathetic! We are all awaiting what you have to say next to embarass yourself, so come on. I'm sure you will think of something.

Whoa whoa whoa! Did I strike a nerve by telling the truth about your state championship*? Division I and II are determined the last week when all 4 teams are determined... For all anyone knows, it could have been THigh in Division II. Well, I don't know the numbers and whatnot, but it's not determined before the year like classifications. The fact is, 20 years ago (I think it's 20? maybe 21), there was only one playoff bracket. You wouldn't have sniffed a state title. Also, you wouldn't have even made the playoffs because only 2 teams went back then, and we all know that you got embarrassed by two better teams. So congrats. You benefited from a horrible playoff system that the UIL threw together to make more money. If you can live with it, so can I. Stop crying about it! I'm just saying the truth, and that's this: THigh hung 50 on SS, and Longview held them to 13 points on their own field with their "nascar" offense. Heck, I think Rolison threw a TD to one of our DBs and only one TD to his own team. LMAO! He threw as many TDs to us as he did to SS! Sure, SS went on to win the Division II state title... That only shows that they can beat subpar teams, but when they played the big boys, the got demolished and played right off the field, sent crawling back to the hole they came out of. I don't even know how they could show their face after getting smashed into nothingness...

Oh, and if you're going to say I'm embarrassing myself, PLEASE learn to spell "embarrass", or at least run a spellcheck and let it do it for you so that you don't humiliate yourself and dig yourself even deeper than you did with the point you were trying to make. :)

I think it'll be close if Longview plays the same way they have the past two weeks. If they come to play like they did vs Lee and Nachitoches, it might get out of hand like last year...

If both teams play like they did the last 2 weeks I think SS will win.

If both teams play like they should, I think Longview wins a close game.

Whoa whoa whoa! Did I strike a nerve by telling the truth about your state championship*? Division I and II are determined the last week when all 4 teams are determined... For all anyone knows, it could have been THigh in Division II. Well, I don't know the numbers and whatnot, but it's not determined before the year like classifications. The fact is, 20 years ago (I think it's 20? maybe 21), there was only one playoff bracket. You wouldn't have sniffed a state title. Also, you wouldn't have even made the playoffs because only 2 teams went back then, and we all know that you got embarrassed by two better teams. So congrats. You benefited from a horrible playoff system that the UIL threw together to make more money. If you can live with it, so can I. Stop crying about it! I'm just saying the truth, and that's this: THigh hung 50 on SS, and Longview held them to 13 points on their own field with their "nascar" offense. Heck, I think Rolison threw a TD to one of our DBs and only one TD to his own team. LMAO! He threw as many TDs to us as he did to SS! Sure, SS went on to win the Division II state title... That only shows that they can beat subpar teams, but when they played the big boys, the got demolished and played right off the field, sent crawling back to the hole they came out of. I don't even know how they could show their face after getting smashed into nothingness...

Oh, and if you're going to say I'm embarrassing myself, PLEASE learn to spell "embarrass", or at least run a spellcheck and let it do it for you so that you don't humiliate yourself and dig yourself even deeper than you did with the point you were trying to make. :)

Blah, blah, blah...still bringing up the past, and like I said, who cares about last year?? This is a new season. See if your boys can do it again this week and then you can get back on here and talk trash about something new. Otherwise, quit bringing last year up. It's over, move on, let go, put it behind you.

Can anybody on here get past 3A, 4A and 5A ####? The fact is that Longview ISD is twice the size of SS so if you want to look at it this way we are basically a 3A school anyway. Line up eleven guys on either side of the ball for a full 48 minutes and these teams are very close to the same. Get down to the 50th and 60th members of these teams and SS can't compete cause we don't have that many players. Thats what gives Longview the advantage. These are both good teams for what they bring to the table. SS cant help that its so small, Longvie ant help its so big. The game has to be played however and obviously alot more has to go SS way for them to win. Mainly keeping the roster they do have fresh and executing.