Rap/HipHoppers are:

cheaptrick77

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main problem is their way of expression is saying every disgusting, degrading word known to man. There is nothing worse than being stopped at a red light and having the youngsters hearing MF this, bi..h that, HO there coming from the car next to you. If you want to listen to that ####, turn it down, so other people don't.

rap is talking to a beat. at one time it was music/culture now it simply numbs young minds to think that it is ok to be anything other than "hip hop". I can barely understand most of the people in my school, because they speak in this rap language. both black and white students are being brainwashed by not opening their minds to other kinds of music, and dumbing themselves down by not using proper english. rap is a disease that in most cases. should be exterminated.

It won't, sorry. And Brent, no matter what you say, the most successful rappers are not one hit wonders...they've done it time and again.

TuPac Shakur has been dead over half a decade, and still has a huge following. Some of the most popular rappers of today have been in the business for years. Jaz-Z, Snoop, Dr. Dre, just to name a few. Its not a here today gone tomorrow thing, like you say.

Originally posted by BoBellCrew

Its a voice for a culture that has little other ways of expression.

yikes.gif

WHAT??????

A generation raised in the Internet age has "no other ways of expression"?????????? Try another catch phrase to defend your beloved recorded thuggery, because that one fell flat!

What exactly are you trying to express??? My cell phone's batteries are dead? Mommy and Daddy won't buy me a new car?? I can’t find my favorite Baseball cap (to wear backwards)???

...the most successful rappers are not one hit wonders...they've done it time and again.

...and every "song" sounds exactly the same.

BoBellCrew – if you enjoy this form of recorded sounds, that’s cool, but you don't really think these guys are serious musicians, do you? These guys aren’t John Coltrane, Bob Dylan or the Beatles.

There is a big difference between entertainers & musicians.

I could care less about their album sales -- that has nothing to do with musical talent.

they've obviously got an audience because the format remains popular and keeps selling millions. i wouldnt doubt that 90% of is old within three weeks of it's release but you've got to admit it keeps selling. personaly i find it useless blather but then again i dont like rap.

You guys are retarded. If you dont like rap music thats fine. Is it so much worse than most 3 chord rock songs with the obligatory guitar solo, and sometimes with just as much cursing? Or is it worse than freaking country with its twang in every song which I despise? I dont like all rap music, nor do I like all rock, pop, or country. But if I do like it, what gives you the gall to tell me it isnt any good if I like it? I have usually found that if someone doesnt like rap/hip hop, its because they do not have any rhythm,which in itself is enough to make me discount your opinion. I personally dont need any music speaking for me, cuz I just listen because I like music. All you honkies need to chill.

I'm not partial to rap, but I love rock old and new, but anyway...would you stop making albums if you made REAL money on all that "trash" they put out? It's like that Sean Connery impressionist on SNL said about a certain product I can't explain on this forum, but will inform you of what he said, "Your s***ing on a gold mine Trabek!". Why do you think that dood who made all The Sims games, keeps on making them? You know the one where you get this electronic dood, doodet, or family of doods and doodets and control their everyday functions. Rap and that game are alot alike...its the same concept, and the public eats it up! I for one can't stand the game or rap music, but if you could make bookoo bucks on a simple concept, would you stop?

BTW.The word "dood" is sweet!

Originally posted by Roughneck Forever

All you honkies need to chill.

hahahahaha ^ funneh

I play bass, guitar, and drums, and I can't stand rap. Where is the depth? Where is the musical talent? Any thug off the street can be a rapper, being a musician is something that you have to work at, learn about, and practice. Rap does not require any form of musical talent. One guy stands and reads a poem, while another guy punches in a beat on a beat machine. WOOOWWWW.... and for you roughie, yes, it is much worse than rock and country. What is the point of rap? All rappers do is talk about what car they drive, what they drink, how much money they have, how many times they got shot, who got shot, and girls (but that's not what they call them). Sure, some of the tunes might be catchy, but they are not musically inclined.

I wonder if you have a mirror in your house Roughie.

I guarantee you can't find a rock or country song with more cussing and other nasty lyrics than rap.

You know, I don't really care what people listen to, but turn it down so the women and children don't have to listen to what they are saying while driving down the road. Oh yea, and please don't call me retarded.

LOL..mellon, you got a complex? LOL Listen, I have liked rap since the sugar hill gang's Rappers Delight. If you dont like it fine. I know for a fact that I dont get out of music what a lot of you get out of it. When I want something out of music, I listen to Christian Worship. When I want a beat to get my groove on, I listen to non cursing rap/hip-hop. I love blues, rock, pop, and just about anything else except most of todays country. I like early 90's country tho and some even older. My point is take a chill pill. If rap isnt music, why are rock groups using now? Its an artform just like anything else. To say otherwise is kinda weird to me.

Who's got the complex?? If you read my post you would have seen where I said I didn't like the cursing and nasty talking being played loud enough for everyone to hear. I never said it wasn't music or an art form. Maybe you should read people's post better before you start throwing around words like retarded and complexes. Maybe you need to chill.LOL

It's all about money. They can call it music all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it takes no talent & doesn't really accomplish anything.......except make the artist rich!!

Just look at what rap does to people.....makes them want to turn it up so loud it defens them & everybody within a mile. Why can't you close your doors/windows & keep it out of my ears?

Just yesterday I was getting gas at Wal-Mart when this guy comes up beside me & starts getting gas. After he gets it going he goes back over to the driver's seat & with the door open, & windows down turns up this junk. Exactly why is it nessesary to play it so everybody else is forced to listen to it?

JC

mellon..maybe you need to get a little comprehension so that folks dont think your retarded. The complex thing was for you thinking I called your retarded....not wether you listened to cursing music. Words + words = sentence. Sentence + sentence = paragraph. Paragraph + paragraph = mellon lost. LOL

Rappers do fall under the definition of musician, they compose lyrics. Granted some are less musically inclined than others, but such is the case in any music genre.

How many musicians/entertainers compose, arrange and produce their own songs?

Music is almost always a collaborative effort between songwriter, performer and producer.

I think it would be a myopic view of music to exclude from the definition of "musician" those who don't perform all three functions on their own.

You can't compare Mirro's biomorphic surrealism to Vermeer's baroque style, they are grossly different, yet both are artists.

Kitty says ROCK ON!

:cat: