Rap/HipHoppers are:

cheaptrick77

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BoBellCrew

Maybe I misphrased that...

If recording artists accept it as art, then it must be art.

...but if they are misguided artists...

Oh, never mind! I'm tired of banging my head against the wall!

:lol:

Brent

Yeah, Brent. Trying to explain this to them is like trying to explain why Tyler needs a minor league baseball team more than high school football! lol

JC

I can feel the love in this forum...so much love on one small web page about whether or not rap is good music, or real music for that matter.

I don't care for rap/hip hop music. I basically don't see how people can get enjoyment about what these people are "singing" about. All I know is I get pretty ticked off when my neighbors are playing this "music" so loud that it wakes me up at 3 a.m. ACROSS the street!

Originally posted by Roughneck Forever

If rap isn’t music, why are rock groups using now?

That is known in the circle of true music fans as selling out.

Remember kids -- Rock & Roll contaminated with rap ceases to be Rock & Roll!

:shifty:

Roughie sounds like the brother I never had. That scares me.

I wouldn't be any happier to be awakened @ 3:00am by my neighbor playing Bob Dylan or the Beatles than I would if it was 50cent or DMX. (If it was 50cent or DMX I would probably stay awake and try to finish the song out.)

Some of the #### they play while I'm trying to work out (heavy-heavy metal) is much worse if you can actually decipher any of the words.

My opinion is no better than cheaptricks, that's why there's various genres of music.

Quote:

I wouldn't be any happier to be awakened @ 3:00am by my neighbor playing Bob Dylan or the Beatles than I would if it was 50cent or DMX. (If it was 50cent or DMX I would probably stay awake and try to finish the song out.)

It would be really hard to really get the beat up and loud enough to wake someone enough with the Beatles. I can just hear my thug neighbors playing Hey Jude all the way up. Rap music is basically made to be played pretty loud, but keep the windows rolled up and don't wake me up!

Originally posted by BigRed

Keep this in mind, they are doing it and you aren't, so there's talent somewhere....

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

The only reason “they are doing it and I am not” is because I do not look like a thug.

If I was a musician, I would rely on more than my image...

PLEASE stop misusing the word talent.

Are you guys seriously going to sit there and say it doesnt take talent to write rap lyrics? Most of these guys can rap right off the top of their head.

Being a conservative, if I said I didnt like rap music, I would be considered a racist. Being you are a liberal, I guess its ok since liberalism is nothing but hypocrisy anyways...lol

Has anyone out there heard the song by the Black eyed peas? Thats a good song..one of my favs right now. And you say you cant listen to it? Great message in that song for sure. Keep on being closed minded, and miss out then...see if I care...lol

Ahh...they Blackeyed Peas....I have actually heard a couple of their songs...not at my own will of course.

Unfortunately I heard the song "Let's Get Retarded"

Roughneck....you were talking about retardism earlier....that doesn't even come CLOSE to how insanely STUPID this and the rest of their songs are.