The first 62 videos aired on MTV (August 1, 1981)

cheaptrick77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY

Reminder: VH1 Classic is airing all 64 of these videos (plus some extras) all day today .......... it will give you young'uns :D a chance to see what MTV looked like in the pre-bling era -- before it became EmpTV.

Originally posted by Wildcat_20

I'm yalls age and I know alot of those songs, especially hold on loosely by .38 special. And I agree I can't even watch MTV anymore, it is a joke you have to watch MTV2 to even see a music video!:getlost::getlost::getlost:

Even MTV2 doesn't show as many videos anymore.

Those bring back alot of memories, good ones at that.

Could sit and watch those for hours back in those days.

Now my kids listen to alot them. Classic stuff.

• 2 years later...
April Wine!!! :rock:

I will be seeing April Wine for the first time in 23 years later this summer when they perform at an outdoor festival in Ft. Worth. They rarely tour outside their native Canada or I should say Nova Scotia.

I was at that show with Night Ranger, Jackyl, and the AC/DC cover band. That was the last concert I saw with Jeff Watson. I'd love to see those videos again.

• 1 year later...

"SyFy" is getting the "MTV Treatment" as well, but in a different way.

I remember reading an article that said basically, whoever is running the company doesn't want sci-fi on the channel at all any more.

My guess is, he acquired the rights to the station for the right price, and is going to use it to air what he wants, as opposed to starting a channel from scratch.

It's a shame.

"SyFy" is getting the "MTV Treatment" as well, but in a different way.

I remember reading an article that said basically, whoever is running the company doesn't want sci-fi on the channel at all any more.

My guess is, he acquired the rights to the station for the right price, and is going to use it to air what he wants, as opposed to starting a channel from scratch.

It's a shame.

I was wondering why they had wrestling on the sci-fi channel.

I remember when Nickelodeon started getting into music videos. "Nick Rocks" is where Cindy Lauper (Girls just wanna have fun) got her debut, and the ONLY Michael Bolton song (Fools Game) that I ever liked. And yes CT77, I do know the songs on the list.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...