LoboFan07

Longview Lobos at Mount Pleasant Tigers  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mount Pleasant in a close one
    • Mount Pleasnat in a blow out

Following a 45-0 win over Sulphur Springs, the Longview Lobos travel to Mount Pleasant for the first time in over 50 years. Not sure on the exact year that was Longview's last trip to Tiger land...but the last one on record was in 1927 (3 unknown locations since).

The Lobos (5-1 on the year, 2-0 in district) have a 6-1-1 series lead over the Tigers, including a 51-7 victory at Lobo Stadium last season. Friday game against Sulphur Springs, the Lobos finally showed what we all expected out of them at the start of the year. Can they continue that or will it go back to the inconsistency that we've seen in every game but one thus far?

Since I like the history aspect, a couple of notes..

The first four games of the series were shut outs in favor of the Lobos, including a 73-0 win over the Tigers in 1927. Mount Pleasant has only scored over 10 points in a single game once against the Lobos (in their 1930 victory over Longview, they scored 31).

Am excited to visit Mount Pleasant for the first time for a football game next Friday. Good luck to all Tigers. Go Lobos.

Longview looks to extend their district winning streak to 31 consecutive games..and to extend their winning seasons streak to 9. A Lobo victory would give the Lobos at least a winning record (over .500) in 31 of their past 34 seasons.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got really mixed feelings about Longview this year. At times they seem really good and the rest of the time they seem good despite themselves. Hopefully they can cruise through the season without any bumbs in the road. But if the rankings are any indication they are going to meet some familiar faces in the playoffs. Anybody thought about what a rematch with midway would be like? I don't know anything about Mt. Pleasant this year so I'm expecting an easy win for Longview, but the way they have been up and down I'm thinking they will allow a few points to be scored.

Have always heard Longview brings a large crowd to away games. Hope they fill up the visitors side at Sam Parker Stadium next Friday. No visiting team has come close to filling it up during the regular season. Its time for Longview folks to spend money in Mt. Pleasant instead of the other way around.

Longview should win by alot but if they underestimate the Tigers it could be interesting.

This game is going to be fun to watch...MP has the type of offense to keep LV on the sideline if they play disciplined ball...

Running the wishbone and going for it on 4th down 25-30% of the time is old school football...the key to the MP offense is to use LV's speed against them...a lot of misdirection....

LV 34

MP 14

This game is going to be fun to watch...MP has the type of offense to keep LV on the sideline if they play disciplined ball...

Running the wishbone and going for it on 4th down 25-30% of the time is old school football...the key to the MP offense is to use LV's speed against them...a lot of misdirection....

LV 34

MP 14

So are you saying that MP has a better offense than SS? You would have to be to say LV defense cant get MP offense off the field when they did to SS.

C'mon people, get real. This will be NO competition. If any of you thinks that MP can even keep it close, then your just being politically correct.

Reality, LV by ALOT!!!

So are you saying that MP has a better offense than SS? You would have to be to say LV defense cant get MP offense off the field when they did to SS.

C'mon people, get real. This will be NO competition. If any of you thinks that MP can even keep it close, then your just being politically correct.

Reality, LV by ALOT!!!

or they could just be classy folks...which we appreciate. we all know mp can't hang with longview, but hey, we still gotta play friday night. he wasn't saying MP's O is better than SS, he was just saying if we JUST SO HAPPEN to have some sort of effeciency then we might could keep LV's O off the field for a bit.

we gotta cut down on stupid stupid penalties. i know one of our boys has at least 60 yards worth of personal foul penalty yardage himself...very stupid. and it's that kind of play that will get 60 hung on us before the 4th quarter starts....possibly the only reason we lost to hallsville...

So are you saying that MP has a better offense than SS?

There is a difference between having a better offense, and having a better game plan and system.

Mount Pleasant's system fits the style to beat Longview better. It'll be much like TX High's game plan of running the ball until we stopped it...which we never could.

I honestly wouldn't be sad if Longview lost a game in district so I can join in and laugh at the Lobo fans that think this team is SO UNBEATABLE. Really is annoying.

As I said earlier, am really excited to see a game in Mount Pleasant for the first time. You can definitely count on a big crowd from Lobo land.

There is a difference between having a better offense, and having a better game plan and system.

Mount Pleasant's system fits the style to beat Longview better. It'll be much like TX High's game plan of running the ball until we stopped it...which we never could.

I honestly wouldn't be sad if Longview lost a game in district so I can join in and laugh at the Lobo fans that think this team is SO UNBEATABLE. Really is annoying.

As I said earlier, am really excited to see a game in Mount Pleasant for the first time. You can definitely count on a big crowd from Lobo land.

51-7 last year. Yea, your right, they do have a better chance of beating LV...hahahaha

51-7 last year. Yea, your right, they do have a better chance of beating LV...hahahaha

Yes since last season's results have everything to do with this year.

Let's see...what's different from this year to last...

Longview 28-25 over Allen (last year 21-7 Allen)

Lufkin 28-24 over Longview (last year 45-37 Longview)

Longview 28-25 over Texas High (last year 41-7 Longview)

Please. Mount Pleasant is a better team than they were last year just as SS is not the team they were last season. I'm not saying Longview won't run away with it, I'm pretty sure noone has even hinted that they won't.

But MP's system is designed to control the clock and keep the opponent off the field. They will shorten the game if their plan carries out just as Texas High's did.

Longview still has too many problems to be taking too much for granted.

MP ran a different style of offense last year...if you actually saw them play, then you would know that....

my whole point is that their offense is a running team that could keep Longview from having fewer possessions...

I am really suprised by your maturity level for someone who graduated 12 years ago...you give Longview fans a horrible name...

ohhh by the way...if you want to see them play and have a better idea of what you are talking about, go to youtube and watch the games...the guy that you keep criticizing LoboFan07 has done an incredible job by putting them all on there....

Yes since last season's results have everything to do with this year.

Let's see...what's different from this year to last...

Longview 28-25 over Allen (last year 21-7 Allen)

Lufkin 28-24 over Longview (last year 45-37 Longview)

Longview 28-25 over Texas High (last year 41-7 Longview)

Please. Mount Pleasant is a better team than they were last year just as SS is not the team they were last season. I'm not saying Longview won't run away with it, I'm pretty sure noone has even hinted that they won't.

But MP's system is designed to control the clock and keep the opponent off the field. They will shorten the game if their plan carries out just as Texas High's did.

Longview still has too many problems to be taking too much for granted.

Dude, I really don't care what your defense is. It really doesn't matter. I will tell you what I told you ALL week last week, LV IS IN ANOTHER LEAGUE! This one will probably be worse than last night was. And just as I said last week, EVERYONE KNOWS IT! Come back with all the arguments you want, but don't be upset when I come back next Sunday and tell you the same thing that I will about last nights game, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Somebody remind me again why it is that Longview, Texas (population 73,000) high school is playing against Carthage, Texas (population 6,000) high schools' former district opponents? Is the next census going to say that Longview's residents all moved off to Ore City or what? This makes absolutely no sense to me. It's a joke. I imagine Mt. Pleasant doesn't think it's very funny after Friday night.

It's simple. City of Longview has three high schools (LHS, Pine Tree, Spring Hill). In fact, a fourth high school, Hallsville, is really a local school since a number of east Longview families live in the Hallsville school district. So no, everybody in the city doesn't attend Longview High. LHS is one of the larger 4A schools in the state, however, with around 2,000 students.

Somebody remind me again why it is that Longview, Texas (population 73,000) high school is playing against Carthage, Texas (population 6,000) high schools' former district opponents? Is the next census going to say that Longview's residents all moved off to Ore City or what? This makes absolutely no sense to me. It's a joke. I imagine Mt. Pleasant doesn't think it's very funny after Friday night.

Because there are like 6 high schools in the Longview city limits which all draw from that 73,000. Pine Tree is 4A, Longview is 4A, Spring Hill is 3A, White Oak is 3A. And there are a few other private schools... Population of the city is nothing. It's enrollment.

If you're accusing Longview of conspiring to drop to 4A, that's a joke.

Dude, I really don't care what your defense is. It really doesn't matter. I will tell you what I told you ALL week last week, LV IS IN ANOTHER LEAGUE! This one will probably be worse than last night was. And just as I said last week, EVERYONE KNOWS IT! Come back with all the arguments you want, but don't be upset when I come back next Sunday and tell you the same thing that I will about last nights game, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Gotta love that confidence. Longview is probably in another league but I hope that you are the exception of the LV faithful, really over the top buddy, there is confident and there is cocky, and only one of those traits is positive. Why don't you wait until the playoffs are over and "TELL EVERYONE".

Gotta love that confidence. Longview is probably in another league but I hope that you are the exception of the LV faithful, really over the top buddy, there is confident and there is cocky, and only one of those traits is positive. Why don't you wait until the playoffs are over and "TELL EVERYONE".

He's the exception. Trust me.

my whole point is that their offense is a running team that could keep Longview from having fewer possessions...

That's an interesting statement from you kingwolf. MP's O can make the quarter go by quicker than most think because they chew the clock with their running game. It's a snails pace going down the field, but the clock just keeps on running.