• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mount Pleasant in a close one
    • Mount Pleasnat in a blow out

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midway got beat by Corsicana 41-32, I think Denton Gueyer is the team to watch.

LT is rolling shoes again also.... I personally think Corsicana, LT and Guyer are the three, maybe stronger than Longview right now.

or they could just be classy folks...which we appreciate. we all know mp can't hang with longview, but hey, we still gotta play friday night. he wasn't saying MP's O is better than SS, he was just saying if we JUST SO HAPPEN to have some sort of effeciency then we might could keep LV's O off the field for a bit.

we gotta cut down on stupid stupid penalties. i know one of our boys has at least 60 yards worth of personal foul penalty yardage himself...very stupid. and it's that kind of play that will get 60 hung on us before the 4th quarter starts....possibly the only reason we lost to hallsville...

Only reason? Yall didnt execute many plays very well, i seriously doubt penalties ( which i know) werent much more or less than ours, cost yall a 2 TD game...

I really say this game depends on what MP team comes out friday... If its the ones that scored 14 agantst Hallsville or 21 against MP, longview is lookin for a score about.... 59-6. If the other MP team comes out, play how they could actually perform. We are looking at a Longview win, but a pretty close game. SS is a passing team, so they stop the clock alot giving Longview more time with the ball, not to mention they had a couple of TDs called back. If MP can run the ball well, then it will be a close game everyone plus the Lobos know that is their soft spot ( not exactly a weakness). (21-7 Hallsville, 28-25 Texas High). It just all depends who comes on the field Friday, cant say the lobo team that played Lufkin would dominate a fired up MP team at home... To compare the SS game to the MP game is just bologna. Two totally different teams and styles/tendancies.

I for one would LOVE to see the Tigers win, But my home town team is hard to pick against.

Lobofan97.... you have been nothing but a

NO WAY in ---- Lobos loose to MP. I predict a lot of 4th and outs giving the Lobos a short field.

Corsicana and Guyer would get crushed by the Lobos. Midway is no where near the team they were last year...LT has a better team than they have had the last two years. They will win state for the 3rd year in a row. LT has a new found running game and EX-Texas QB's son Brewer is averaging more yards per game than Texas QB Garret Gilbert did while at Travis.

Now that is thescoop from someone that has seen all of the above in action.

I would like to locate the three people who voted for Mt Pleasant in blowout, to see if they might like to do a little friendly wagering. I would even give them 28 points, which should give them a sizable of enough cushion to make the wager.

NO WAY in ---- Lobos loose to MP. I predict a lot of 4th and outs giving the Lobos a short field.

Corsicana and Guyer would get crushed by the Lobos. Midway is no where near the team they were last year...LT has a better team than they have had the last two years. They will win state for the 3rd year in a row. LT has a new found running game and EX-Texas QB's son Brewer is averaging more yards per game than Texas QB Garret Gilbert did while at Travis.

Now that is thescoop from someone that has seen all of the above in action.

Guyer is doing pretty good, oh and add Cibolo steele to that list, they may have 1 loss on the board. But longview has alot of trouble with big, fast combo backs.

( i see that he is doing better right now, completely insane... LT will be back this year.)

Because there are like 6 high schools in the Longview city limits which all draw from that 73,000. Pine Tree is 4A, Longview is 4A, Spring Hill is 3A, White Oak is 3A. And there are a few other private schools... Population of the city is nothing. It's enrollment.

If you're accusing Longview of conspiring to drop to 4A, that's a joke.

don't forget hallsville who's district cuts out all of east longview

So are you saying that MP has a better offense than SS? You would have to be to say LV defense cant get MP offense off the field when they did to SS.

C'mon people, get real. This will be NO competition. If any of you thinks that MP can even keep it close, then your just being politically correct.

Reality, LV by ALOT!!!

You really have a problem with anyone having an opinion that differs from your's ! Let's just put longview in the championship game and call off the rest of the season. What's your prediction on the score of longviews final game this season, so we can stop the posting on your non-competitve district games.....

LOL, really?? You have beef with 31 out of 34 seasons with a winning record? I am sure neither LT or Lufkin have really considered our winning streaks, just like no one outside of North Lamar thinks about your losing streak to Pine Tree. Except of course Pine Tree who has only won one game this season. MAYBE you should talk trash to Longview after you learn how to spell MAYBE just as well as you can spell the words that set off Smoaky's censors. :hmm:

Texas High went undefeated in 11-4A for something like 5 years and won district every year, they also have a gold football that is much more current. But you didn't see them throw up their winning history against 11-4A district members. When they won they didn't come back with, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

It seem illogical for some of you Lobo fans to think you can support a team and enjoy going to their games because they don't demolish their opponent every night......Some of the folks from Longview or in your case Pine Tree and jumped on the Longview bandwagon, need a class in humility and my guess is they will get one during the playoffs............... :hmm:

Since you know the Smoaky Terms and Conditions so well, MAYBE you missed this one......... :P

3. Flaming (Insulting Other Users)

* Insulting posts (including the correcting of spelling or grammar)

Texas High went undefeated in 11-4A for something like 5 years and won district every year, they also have a gold football that is much more current. But you didn't see them throw up their winning history against 11-4A district members. When they won they didn't come back with, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

It seem illogical for some of you Lobo fans to think you can support a team and enjoy going to their games because they don't demolish their opponent every night......Some of the folks from Longview or in your case Pine Tree and jumped on the Longview bandwagon, need a class in humility and my guess is they will get one during the playoffs...............MAYBE you can give us a lesson in Pine Tree's winning record. :hmm:

and since you know the Smoaky Terms and Conditions so well MAYBE you missed this one......... :P

3. Flaming (Insulting Other Users)

* Insulting posts (including the correcting of spelling or grammar)

understand where you are coming from, but..... longview will roll in this one. mccray and hunt will both be back for this game and want to prove something. nothing against mt. pleasant but longview already had it's one loss until playoff time. i do believe the next few weeks will be longview getting ready for playoffs. longview is no guarantee to go all the way, but i guarantee you that teams dont' really want to face them either.as for corsicana, longview would not lose to them. no way!...you have to put teams in perspective and schedules they have played.longview has played allen and lufkin.losing in lufkin is ok.lot's of teams do.they also beat allen who has not lost since.longview will just take one game at a time in playoffs.glad they shut sulphur springs up though.game could have been even worse.longview has a long road ahead. i do believe lake travis is who they will be platiying at the end.lake travis by the way has no competion down there.look at the top teams in the state.all will be in longview bracket of playoffs.just much harder road.that's ok though.bring em on.!

understand where you are coming from, but..... longview will roll in this one. mccray and hunt will both be back for this game and want to prove something. nothing against mt. pleasant but longview already had it's one loss until playoff time. i do believe the next few weeks will be longview getting ready for playoffs. longview is no guarantee to go all the way, but i guarantee you that teams dont' really want to face them either.as for corsicana, longview would not lose to them. no way!...you have to put teams in perspective and schedules they have played.longview has played allen and lufkin.losing in lufkin is ok.lot's of teams do.they also beat allen who has not lost since.longview will just take one game at a time in playoffs.glad they shut sulphur springs up though.game could have been even worse.longview has a long road ahead. i do believe lake travis is who they will be platiying at the end.lake travis by the way has no competion down there.look at the top teams in the state.all will be in longview bracket of playoffs.just much harder road.that's ok though.bring em on.!

I don't really think that anyone in your district has a problem with Longview being the team to beat. With that said, Daingerfield has the trash talking dream team before the game is played. After the game you will rarely see any I TOLD YOU SO's, they always find something positive to say, like.....#6 was a great talent is he being looked at, enjoyed meeting some of the fans from_____ they are a great bunch of people, and so on. When it's all said and done most East Texas fans will be pulling for East Texas teams during the playoffs, it just harder to pull for some.....................

I think Longview will be just fine against MP ,not because they are a super team, but because they have always played great against an option oriented offense. Coach king even said they were not expecting TH to run so much. This week will be very different, to defend the option every player has to know what thier responsibility is and who to take. Our defense plays against the option in practice every day I think this will help as well. Over the years Longview has played some of the best option programs in Texas and played very well against them. The key to attacking the option is to hit the quaterback on every play, he is fair game, even when he pitches to ball. Longview keyed on Lake Highlands and Duncanville's QBs and controlled the game, I think this willl be the key to Friday's game as well. When you keep hitting the QB it also helps create turnovers. MP will have thier hands full, but this is still HS football and anything can happen on any given Friday night. GO LOBOS.

51-7 last year. Yea, your right, they do have a better chance of beating LV...hahahaha

they took a whipping last year. That's a fact, and no one can deny it. MP's licked their wounds, sowed themselves back together, practiced harder, and are more than ready to get cut up, busted up, bruised, whatever it takes to play this game.

they took a whipping last year. That's a fact, and no one can deny it. MP's licked their wounds, sowed themselves back together, practiced harder, and are more than ready to get cut up, busted up, bruised, whatever it takes to play this game.

They had alot of mistakes too, as did TH, they have pride and will play with alot of heart, but I think Longview is too deep and too talented.

lake travis by the way has no competion down there.look at the top teams in the state.all will be in longview bracket of playoffs.just much harder road.that's ok though.bring em on.!

Funny, That is the exact thing we heard last year. Turns out the Lobos were one of their easiest

games. If I am not mistaken, I think Mike Brewer had 2 TDs against the Lobos as a Sophomore.

I was at the LT\Westlake game and the Lobos have not seen a team like LT. The team LT has this year is better than the one that smoked Longview last year.

...Hallsvillecat is correct about csteele. I have not seen them play, but all of my associates tell me they may be the only team to give LT a game this year.

Funny, That is the exact thing we heard last year. Turns out the Lobos were one of their easiest

games. If I am not mistaken, I think Mike Brewer had 2 TDs against the Lobos as a Sophomore.

I was at the LT\Westlake game and the Lobos have not seen a team like LT. The team LT has this year is better than the one that smoked Longview last year.

...Hallsvillecat is correct about csteele. I have not seen them play, but all of my associates tell me they may be the only team to give LT a game this year.

You are exaclty correct, we did think LT had not played any competition and Longview was the favorite. How wrong we were. Do they still have the QB from last year or did he graduate? I do believe he was the difference maker.

You are exaclty correct, we did think LT had not played any competition and Longview was the favorite. How wrong we were. Do they still have the QB from last year or did he graduate? I do believe he was the difference maker.

Gilbert is at UT now. He's been playing in some mop up duty after Colt has demolished the team already.

Why is anyone talking about Lake Travis, Steele, or heck even Guyer at the moment? It's only the 6th week of the football season. Wayyyyy too much football to be played before ANYONE should start to think about those teams.

Good luck to Mount Pleasant. Like I said before, am looking forward to my first ever trip to Tiger land.

Dude, I really don't care what your defense is. It really doesn't matter. I will tell you what I told you ALL week last week, LV IS IN ANOTHER LEAGUE! This one will probably be worse than last night was. And just as I said last week, EVERYONE KNOWS IT! Come back with all the arguments you want, but don't be upset when I come back next Sunday and tell you the same thing that I will about last nights game, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Just play your game MP, YOUR game! It's your time to face the baddest, meanest team in all E-Texas on your turf. This is your week and no one elses. You pound them till you can't pound no more, you get up when you want to lay down. But don't you dare quit! you owe that to SS and you owe it to TH.

Gilbert is at UT now. He's been playing in some mop up duty after Colt has demolished the team already.

Why is anyone talking about Lake Travis, Steele, or heck even Guyer at the moment? It's only the 6th week of the football season. Wayyyyy too much football to be played before ANYONE should start to think about those teams.

Good luck to Mount Pleasant. Like I said before, am looking forward to my first ever trip to Tiger land.

I agree with you 100% '07! I think 'Scoop is another LTCav jockstrap rider anyway. One game at a time. I just hope we get there. By the way, 'Scoop, IF we meet LT again this year will you please make sure that they TAUNT us all week and do some disrespectful pre-game mockery at us at like midfield or something??? Not to say that the 48-23 score isn't enough gasoline on that fire anyway, though.

The Lobos (5-1 on the year, 2-0 in district) have a 6-1-1 series lead over the Tigers, including a 51-7 victory at Lobo Stadium last season.

The first four games of the series were shut outs in favor of the Lobos, including a 73-0 win over the Tigers in 1927. Mount Pleasant has only scored over 10 points in a single game once against the Lobos (in their 1930 victory over Longview, they scored 31).

Longview looks to extend their district winning streak to 31 consecutive games..and to extend their winning seasons streak to 9. A Lobo victory would give the Lobos at least a winning record (over .500) in 31 of their past 34 seasons.

Lets try this again,

(i apologize to all for the wording of my last post),

I have noticed you have gone to a lot of trouble to look up your record against the Tigers of Mt. Pleasant but correct me if im wrong (believe me I have have been recently) but i did not notice you going to as much trouble to find your records with, lets say the likes of MAYBE Lake Travis or should we say the Panthers of Lufkin. My question to you is why? I have a very strong feeling that neither Lufkin nor Lake Travis could really care less that a victory over the Tigers this coming Friday night would give Longview a winning record in 31 of their past 34 seasons because they both know they can beat the Lobo's of Longview. Now of course (sp's possible in this post) Mt. pleasant could care less either, yet you bring that up against them, but not against teams you can’t beat. You are what we call the big fish in a little pond or a quart of old Milwaukee in a cooler with a 12ounce bud. With what the Tigers have to pick from they have a very good football team that has heart. IF!! Longview had just a quarter of the heart the Tigers have they would cake walk to the Division 1 4A championship.