• Traitor for Texas High
    • Traitor for Sulphur Springs
    • Neutral for Texas High
    • Neutral for Sulphur Springs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get a handle on this game. Last year LV trashed us at Lobo Stadium and we easily handled Sulphur Springs at home. This year Longview returns the favor to SS, so can we expect the Wildcats to trash us? Who knows. I truly believe these teams are pretty close. I have to think the Wildcats have a slight edge, unless they are totally demoralized by their trip to Longview. Don't look for that to happen.

Two weeks ago I didn't think T High had much of a chance here. Now.....I'd say possibly 50:50. Tigers matching up against the Wildcats is going to be completely different. I'm about to do an about face & favor my Tigers, but it ain't by

much. This could go either way. The wildcard is how Sulphur Springs reacts to this beat down.

Seem like two teams that have yet to show what they really have this year. Everyone thought SS had something special going but clearly that needs to be re-evaluated. TH looked somewhere down this year then they play LV really well. Going to be interesting to see how this shakes out at the end of the year. I'm thinking Marshall might sneak steal a playoff spot from the loser of this game. But the way this district is it's impossible to know.

SS's defense looked inadequate against LV offense, SS's offense looked ineffective against LV defense. It you have to gauge the T-High vs SS game by how they played a common opponent of LV one would give a slight edge to T-High

More than likey T-High will use the clock burning ground game to control both the game and SS offense air game, this game plan worked for LV and it should work for T-High against SS also.

One thing about Norton I have learned is not to quess the type game they will play. I suspect we will see the same game as Longview, but he may try to hit SS in the mouth early and get them reeling.

I favor Texas High primarily due to the fact they are rested and coming off a good game comparatively speaking.

But the game is being played in a rodeo arena, so who knows with rain in the forecast.

What you saw last night will only make SS better. Last year when TH beat them down they pulled together and became a TEAM and a Machine and I think you will see that again. I really would not want to be playing SS after last night, they are mad and it will be nothing but football this week and you will see a totally different team. Two years ago when TH was a much better team then SS we were able to handle them at home so I see the home field advantage and the wake up call as the two major keys to the SS win, but it will be close.

Can't get a handle on this game. Last year LV trashed us at Lobo Stadium and we easily handled Sulphur Springs at home. This year Longview returns the favor to SS, so can we expect the Wildcats to trash us? Who knows. I truly believe these teams are pretty close. I have to think the Wildcats have a slight edge, unless they are totally demoralized by their trip to Longview. Don't look for that to happen.

Two weeks ago I didn't think T High had much of a chance here. Now.....I'd say possibly 50:50. Tigers matching up against the Wildcats is going to be completely different. I'm about to do an about face & favor my Tigers, but it ain't by

much. This could go either way. The wildcard is how Sulphur Springs reacts to this beat down.

The spirit is about to speak!!!

Hmmmmmm....Lets see....Last year SS was beaten pretty well by LV when they had a D-1 qb, d-lineman, a couple of all state wrs and dbs, a very good ball club. SS is not as good this year as they were last year. After the LV whipping last year they took a beatdown against THS. LV basically returned its whole team from last year and put a true beatdown on a SS team that is not as good as lasts years version. What happened to SS's passing game? THS was successful against LV when they chose to pass the ball and manned up pretty well with LV running the ball. SS is now playing some real competition and after the THS game it won't get much easiere with Marshall and the rest of the district. If SS does not water down the field like they did 2 years ago, THS should handle SS relatively easy. The Tiger offense shines Friday night!!! Beam me up Scotty!!! :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

Guest surfsup

I hope that SS can get it together, and get better after last night, but I think TH will be too much this week. My opinion on the loss to the Lobos is that SS was a little intimidated by the crowd, and the stadium. Couple that with poor planning, and play calling and the end result is very similar to what Longview did to TH at Lobo Stadium. I think SS is better than they showed last night, I just don't think they are better than TH. I hope I am wrong.

Longview is going to make a lot of teams look bad before the year is over. Longview was so much faster than SS all over the field. They could play ten time and SS might win one. I am a SS fan, but a fact is a fact. They have depth in the backfield which really pays off during a game. SS will be okay. They will make the playoffs. Texas High will be another tough matchup for SS. They will be able to man up in the seconday if they want to and that will show in SS running game again having a hard time running the ball. I hope SS wins the game, but I just think TH will have to many athletes all across the field.

I read where longview didnt have their starting #1 or #2 back in the game... I JUST watched the TH vs Longview game on a local channel. Th SHOULD win this one fairly easy compared to the fact they held Longview and their top 2 Rbs to a 3 point? game. Their passing attack looks nasty, while their running game is one of the top in district. Have to go with TH in this one for sure. BUT, only judging from the longview game.

The thing that really set LV apart from SS on Friday night was SPEED. SS just couldn't catch them, which is due to LV having more athletes on the field. I listened to a post game interview with LV's coach King and he even said this exact thing. That being said, with TH's bigger enrollment, they too should have more athletes on the field this Friday night, hence more speed, and I feel like that will give TH the edge in this game.

The interesting thing to watch in this game however, will be the field condition. Contrary to what some idiots think, SS does NOT water down their field, but, if you haven't noticed, it has rained ALOT over the past few weeks and there is rain in the forecast for this entire week. SS is one of the only 4A teams in the area to still have a natural grass field and they are used to it. TH is used to the turf and could have problems on our wet field. This may slow them down some and make this a different ballgame. This will definatly be the X factor in this game.

Good field conditions - TH 42 - SS 32

Bad field conditions - SS 28 - TH 24

The interesting thing to watch in this game however, will be the field condition. Contrary to what some idiots think, SS does NOT water down their field, but, if you haven't noticed, it has rained ALOT over the past few weeks and there is rain in the forecast for this entire week. SS is one of the only 4A teams in the area to still have a natural grass field and they are used to it. TH is used to the turf and could have problems on our wet field. This may slow them down some and make this a different ballgame. This will definatly be the X factor in this game.

Grim is a grass field. The difference is it was designed to be an athletic field with good grass, good drainage and maintenance program. The difference between THS and SS stadiums is drainage. Unless SS has installed french drains recently, their field of black gumbo tends to hold water.

I agree a sloppy field will take away Texas Highs "preceived speed advantage". It will contribute to mistakes by both teams - i.e. a receiver or defender slipping and a long play resulting or interceptions. But I think you will find out Texas High known for its quick attacking offense might be able to grind it out in the muck of Prim.

I don't think many idiots think SS waters their field down before games. The idiots believe SS does not have a drainage engineer in Hopkins county.

T-high in a blowout...no matter the field conditions.

To all of you, the "perceived idiot" says that instead of calling the team from SS the Wildcats, lets just call them the mudhogs since they thrive in the black gumbo of Hunt, er Hopkins, er whatever county (Dallas maybe) they are in. Go anywhere else in the district and SS plays on a decent field there. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

Except LV. Everyone from both teams (and even a drill team member) was falling down on that rug. They need to be asking for their money back.

We already have once. That was what we got in return. If you thought that was bad, you would've LOVED the other one.

If TX High can control the game like they did against us, and if the SS passing game is anywhere near as bad as it was last Friday (dropped #### *footballs* galore) then it'll be a Tiger win.

Not sure I believe they've watered it, but there's not much excuse for a 4A field to be in that bad of shape. It should have been addressed years ago. I'm not a fan of schools spending all their money on athletics, but some things have to be fixed. Is the school district struggling financially ?