61 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you have

• Homer for Texas High
    • Homer for Sulphur Springs
    • Traitor for Texas High
    • Traitor for Sulphur Springs
    • Neutral for Texas High
    • Neutral for Sulphur Springs

Well after winning state you wouldnt think Sulphur's athletic department is struggling. Bond just got passed and they are building a new indoor facility after using so many other schools facilities while playing in december last year. lol Not is the field just bad but so many dead patchy spots everywhere to make it look even worse.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to go with THS. SS didn't look nothing like advertized Friday night. SS is small overall and lacks speed at that level. They have one heck of a QB but all the WR were easily covered. They pretty much just throw to one guy # 1. Stop him and it seems they don't have much faith in the rest. If SS runs the delay handoff the line breaks down. The line can't hold blocks long enough for the play to develope. Just my thoughts from what I saw Friday night. Good luck to both.

Got to go with THS. SS didn't look nothing like advertized Friday night. SS is small overall and lacks speed at that level. They have one heck of a QB but all the WR were easily covered. They pretty much just throw to one guy # 1. Stop him and it seems they don't have much faith in the rest. If SS runs the delay handoff the line breaks down. The line can't hold blocks long enough for the play to develope. Just my thoughts from what I saw Friday night. Good luck to both.

Not sure you can paint a clear picture by what the Lobo's did to them, the SS O-line is very big and are the same one's from last year. QB had a bad night and was pressured to throw early. I gotta go with THS on this one.

Not sure you can paint a clear picture by what the Lobo's did to them, the SS O-line is very big and are the same one's from last year. QB had a bad night and was pressured to throw early. I gotta go with THS on this one.

oh yeah the picture was painted well for me. 3 down linemen and still got beat every down. that was pretty clear to me.

Who are the players to watch from THS?

Naturally Sorenson - QB. He is a threat with his arm and feet. He was part of a state championship 4x200 relay. He has certified scoots. Committed to Oklahoma State.

Kody Sutton - RB Jr. He is the younger brother of Korey Sutton - the running back on the 2002 state championship team. He is runs low to the ground and hard to bring down 1 on 1.

I think that this will actually turn out to be a good game. I believe that Texas may have the better team but.......SS got embarassed pretty good Friday night and they are a little upset about it right now. It is also at Prim, so they will have that advantage. These things make the game closer than expected. I look for it to be a close game (within a TD or so) going either way.

As of this note the weather forecast for Friday night game between T-High and SS says 70% chance of rain with gusty winds. Not sure which team will benefit from those conditions but we feel T-High can bunch-up or spread out and play the game under those conditions and not be disadvantaged to a great degree. Let give SS the check for home field and T-High a check for field condition. Should be a good game even if it is played in the rain and mud of Hopkins County.

Massey has Texas High a 4pt favorite 31-27. Texas High is rated #9 and SS #16. Still a bit early for the computer models to have enought data on season to be accurate. I don't see Texas High as a #9 team personally.

Calpreps has Texas High a 15 pt favorite. Their model has Texas High #8 and SS #24.

Guest surfsup
Sulphur Springs won't drop two district games in a row. They will bounce back from last week.

It worked out well last year when they dropped two in a row. :notworthy:

Not sure I believe they've watered it, but there's not much excuse for a 4A field to be in that bad of shape. It should have been addressed years ago. I'm not a fan of schools spending all their money on athletics, but some things have to be fixed. Is the school district struggling financially ?

No we just built a 2 million fine arts facility a couple of years ago, and just voted to build a brand new middle school and indoor practice facility with a full track. And our ag department is ridiculously nice, a huge welding shop, An auto shop with two hydrological lifts, and a paint shop. and two full length green houses. (and theres talk of a brand new stadium on the west side of the school.)

But our calculus books are from 1989???

The SS O-Line is certainly big but they were not that great last year either. The other team defense always seemed to be in the backfield they just had an exceptional QB and good RB that few could tackle.

I have heard good things about this years SS QB but they will have to give him time to have a chance in this one.

I will still have to go with TH by 14.

The only part of your assessment that I agree with is that THS is the favorite to win. Much like last week the Wildcats have nothing to lose. SS will have to play a perfect game and THS will have to be sloppy.

The SS offense:

The QB has a nice arm and can run pretty well, but he is green and doesn't always see holes in the zone opening up. #1 is a great receiver, but #3 is the leading receiver this year. LV was dropping 8 and rushing 3 for most of the plays in the first half. Most of the sacks in LV were coverage sacks. The line is the strength of this offense, and has been overpowering at times this year. SS has had success running the ball with #32 and #33, but for some reason, the decision was made to pass the ball EVERY down in the first half against LV. I hope that doesn't happen again.

In my opinion, SS outcoached themselves in the first half...their RB had enough speed to compete with any LV defender...they should have run more draw plays or had him in the flat as a safety valve....they also need to learn how to roll the pocket against teams with better d lines or more speed...

I have a feeling that the SS coaches will learn mightly from the LV game and improve...I would not be suprised if they win a close game...

In my opinion, SS outcoached themselves in the first half...their RB had enough speed to compete with any LV defender...they should have run more draw plays or had him in the flat as a safety valve....they also need to learn how to roll the pocket against teams with better d lines or more speed...

I have a feeling that the SS coaches will learn mightly from the LV game and improve...I would not be suprised if they win a close game...

I agree with your opinion and I hope you are right. :bounce:

We must run the ball and establish the run first so that teams do not drop 8 all of the time and the quarterback must have a run pass option and learn to read whn the draw will work. As for the game against TH, the second most remembered game from last year right behind the State Championship game is the TH game. We were embarrassed and had no one to blame but ourselves. The great thing about district games is that yo get the chance to redeem yourselves and that is coming this year at our house. Just like two years ago, we will find a way to win at our house.