Center @ Carthage

catluv

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just couldn't let sleeping dogs lie could you number51????

You should've known not to do that... good thing Riders09 beat me to it, I wouldn't have been so nice...

(trueblue82 and the rest of you guys from jtown I'll just go ahead and call a truce, y'all don't say nuthing we won't say nuthin... I don't really think any of y'all would go as far to say GO DAWGS!!! anyway but I'm just sayin)

I will say this though... If Carthage puts 56 on this defense (pending that Belrose returns next week, which he most definitely should, he was pretty ticked at not getting to come back in against Bullard) they will win State again... and I don't think Carthage will be able to put their backups in... not saying it won't happen, but I don't think it will...

Center put in a good performance against Bullard with a 50-0 win. I saw some Bullard fans stated Center was winning big and still had their starting QB and RB in the game even very late into the 4th quarter, and possibly the entire game.

If Center is going to continue to improve as a program and will be winning more often they need to learn to win with class. All year last year, and in their big wins so far this year, Carthage always pulls their studs and puts in the backups so they can get some good game experience and it helps keep scores from getting too out of hand.

A score of 50-0 isn't a bad thing if you're playing your backups, but not your starters. If you're winning by 5 or 6 TDs then there is no reason to play your starters late in football games. I think it benefits your team to get the backups as much game time as possible. Last year Carthage's backup RB, O'Bryan Washington, who is now our #1 RB, got a ton of playing time, because Surratt would so often pull all of our studs and let the backups play. In some games last season I remember we'd have our backups playing in the first half, because we'd already gotten up by 42-7 or 35-0 or something like that.

I do understand that Center had a goal at the beginning of the season that they wanted to hang 50 on somebody (anybody), but do it in a game that's a little more competitive.

Gotta win with class, and hanging half-a-hundred on a team with a goose egg in the score column, and your starters playing the entire game is not the way to do it.

I know a few Tatum fans may get on this thread and talk about how Carthage called a timeout with only seconds left in the first half to put another TD on the board before half time, but that was a playoff game and it was still the first half and we've all beaten that horse to death with I'd say most people stating you score as much as you can in the first half of a playoff game.

Anyway, will Carthage have Bullard's back on Friday night in Carthage against Center? I think so.

Center doesn't have that many players to even have "backups."