Unrealistic out of Touch Fans

Trifecta3

Why are some people out of touch on how good or bad thier team really is? They get on here and say week after week that thier team is gonna do this or that. It never happens cause for the most part they are very unrealistic. It is ok to have hope, but some of you are lost. Like the Overton fans this week think they are gonna beat Alto. NO NO it aint gonna happen. Never, no way at all.

Why are some people out of touch on how good or bad thier team really is? They get on here and say week after week that thier team is gonna do this or that. It never happens cause for the most part they are very unrealistic. It is ok to have hope, but some of you are lost. Like the Overton fans this week think they are gonna beat Alto. NO NO it aint gonna happen. Never, no way at all.

Just a hint kiddo that maybe you haven't picked up yet. ANY team can win on ANY night. Sure the odds can all be against them but there can always be that David moment. Thats part of the glory of high school football. Having faith is part of being a fan.

Really lets see,

Harmony over White Oak 2009...(according to all the polls except Dave Campbell)

Katy over Wylie 2008....(according to everybody) Won state championship

Round Rock over Lufkin 2006....(according to everybody)

LE over Gilmer 2006....(according to the rankings that year) Won state championship

Just a few examples, Im sure with the wealth of knowledge of the people on this site this list could grow rather quickly.

How about Standford over USC in 2007. It was like what 35 games since USC had lost at home and low and behold Stanford come in and beat them. I'm sure there was a homer (or thousand) that believed Stanford would win no matter the odds against them. And this is not even college. High school is such a more free form of football where mistakes are plenty and anything can happen. Upsets are a plenty. If you don't realize this then you will either be that guy in the stands dissing your team or a bandwagon man.

Just yesterday, UTEP over Houston.

That game proved a couple of things. UH is not ready to handle success. UTEP isn't as bad as UT made them look in Austin, and it proves UT's defense is a special unit and one of the best in the nation.

i think the title of this thread should be "Unrealistic out of Touch Poster".

ANYONE can win, ANY given night. i'm not saying Overton will definitely beat Alto, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

pointless topic.

Trifecta3 I am curious. Do you automatically assume your favorite school/college/pro team is going to lose just because they are supposed to on paper? If you do assume they will lose do you voice that opinion?

I'm really curious about this one Trifecta. If you are so convinced the team you support is going to lose, why don't you drop them and get on the bandwagon of the one that's gonna beat them? Maybe it's because you really don't have a clue what this is all about.

Huh? All these above mentioned teams that pulled off upsets all had hope. Overton over Cayuga or Alto, neither has hope. REALITY IS REALITY. Homer is a homer, parents are parents, clueless wonders are clueless wonders. Get real. Stop coming on here and saying your gonna do this or that, when EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE KNOWS IT HAS ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING. Z E R O. NEVER NEVER EVER WILL IT HAPPEN. THIS YR AT LEAST.

Huh? All these above mentioned teams that pulled off upsets all had hope. Overton over Cayuga or Alto, neither has hope. REALITY IS REALITY. Homer is a homer, parents are parents, clueless wonders are clueless wonders. Get real. Stop coming on here and saying your gonna do this or that, when EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE KNOWS IT HAS ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING. Z E R O. NEVER NEVER EVER WILL IT HAPPEN. THIS YR AT LEAST.

I change my prediction Overton 63 Alto 6. Crow is ok to me!

You would be an unrealistic fan. Duh? C'mon fellas admit it. You are all a bunch of homers. I guess my thoughts are wrong. Keep getting your heart broken and dreams dumped on. For me, I realize my Cowboys and Rockets are in for long years and thus I am now a REALISTIC FAN.

You would be an unrealistic fan. Duh? C'mon fellas admit it. You are all a bunch of homers. I guess my thoughts are wrong. Keep getting your heart broken and dreams dumped on. For me, I realize my Cowboys and Rockets are in for long years and thus I am now a REALISTIC FAN.

triflicta is just a hater getting on here to hate on parents, fans, and clueless wonders who love their teams or kids and think positive. he can't even accept a complement about his team. If anyone wants to read the very long cayuga vs overton thread, you can see for yourself. most overton fans wished for victory, but admitted it was unlikely. overton does has a few crazy fans with big mouths, but doesn't everyone. case in point "triflicta". from what i've heard about the character of the sheads and kennedy, i'm betting they would prefer people just respect their ability and keep your mouth shut about the other teams. heard they where high character guys(from my son, who was on the field with them the past two years). i do know what it feels like to be a fan of a great team(overton baseball). i can't speak for everyone, but people wanting to beat us is a complement in my mind. and there is no way after we beat someone i would get on here to say how bad they are and take way from my own kids in the process. i will repeat again that overton has a ton of respect for cayuga and alto! that's why i look forward to those games, nothing to lose!

TYcobb is a very good, realistic fan. Hey man, I thought your team was very so much improved over last year. Hey man we gotta darn good baseball team ourselves. We have two stud arms this yr. Maybe we can catch you guys in the playoffs. Our basketball team aint bad either. I am done with the negative comments. Sorry. Good luck ya'll can beat any team left in the district besides Alto.

TYcobb is a very good, realistic fan. Hey man, I thought your team was very so much improved over last year. Hey man we gotta darn good baseball team ourselves. We have two stud arms this yr. Maybe we can catch you guys in the playoffs. Our basketball team aint bad either. I am done with the negative comments. Sorry. Good luck ya'll can beat any team left in the district besides Alto.

i coached a team in 13 & 14's that played Gunner T. he's an awesome lefty!

Call me what you want, i believe every week, My Jefferson Bulldogs are capable of winning, when you believe in your kids, they will believe in themselves. Even against improbable odds, I believe in our young men and our coaches. They may not pull it off every week, but the belief is there. ps Tri, you forgot to tell Appalachian State they were supposed to loose to Michigan.

My bad. Ok App. St you can beat Mich. Better late than never.

Ur a real piece of work.... So realistic fan... Being the realistic guy you are, do you not think its possible for your team to come out and lay an egg?? Cuz if you say no, ur not being very realistic... On any given friday, saturday, or sunday a dang good football team could lay an egg... And its more apt to happen in high school than college or pros... There are top tier teams that get knocked off every week, and by teams that field less talent than overton does.... I do think u guys will win this game, but by all means an upset isn't far fetched... Mr. Realistic.....

U are a disgrace to every other Alto fan that post on here by the way.....

Ur a real piece of work.... So realistic fan... Being the realistic guy you are, do you not think its possible for your team to come out and lay an egg?? Cuz if you say no, ur not being very realistic... On any given friday, saturday, or sunday a dang good football team could lay an egg... And its more apt to happen in high school than college or pros... There are top tier teams that get knocked off every week, and by teams that field less talent than overton does.... I do think u guys will win this game, but by all means an upset isn't far fetched... Mr. Realistic.....

U are a disgrace to every other Alto fan that post on here by the way.....

i agree with bleedin

How quiet the stands would be if only filled with "Realistic Fans."