Apartment and home rental in Tyler

parentofredheads

Some 3 bedroom duplex's that I live by were going for $900/month 2 or 3 years ago. They could be over $1000 now.

I wouldn't expect to pay any less than that for anything 3 bedroom. If it is a decent size/looking house, add another $300-$500 to that.

I'm not sure where the good and bad areas are... and that's one thing I'm concerned with, with three 19-20 years olds attending college.

I wrote down all their expenses, and I have to say... it's really funny to sit here and listen to them say, but I thought electricity was included, or that there was a washer and dryer in the apartment, no, the cable's included...course they're totally forgetting about deposits, etc.

Make em commute and if they can keep thier grades up ( that should not be hard it is TJC) then let em live in tyler or one of the burbs.

And I'll get this.... BBUUUUTTTTT, MMMMOOOMMMMM

One of the best buds is up in Oklahoma right now, and he's coming down Wednesday, and at some point, they're supposed to congregate at the house this week...

Truthfully, I wish I could videotape it...I swear to you, and I love them all dearly, but it'll be like 4-year olds getting told NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT CANDY, PUT IT BACK!

There's only one way they can do this, and that's all 3 of 'em working their patooties off till next summer... and when I say patooties off, I don't mean your "regular job". I mean, about 3 of 'em!

Course when I did all the figuring I said, now you guys realize this doesn't include dates, going out to eat, to the movies, nothing like that... I got this... Oh, Maaannnnn.... LOL!

Well I would agree on the commuting. But Tyler is very expensive if you want to live in an area that is decent. You can go just down the road to Chapel Hill, you can find some better prices, but again you need to check them out. Some are good some not so much. But again, unless they are going to be carrying some ungodly number of hours and have to be there a lot commuting is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Make em commute and if they can keep thier grades up ( that should not be hard it is TJC) then let em live in tyler or one of the burbs.

Excuse me? Apparently, where ever you went to college - you must not have passed Enlgish/spelling. Come take some of my courses & we'll see if you can pass em!