Whaley from Madisonville

I use to coach agaist this kid in High School and just wondering is he for sure going to red shirt. I believe at the regional track meet last year he pulled his hamstring and that is not he first time that has happend. Is he OK and Texas just wants to red shirt him or is he hurt. Now he has always run out of the I formation. Is this hurting his chances of playing. I just think with the way the running game is going why not give every healthy RB a chance . The kid is about 6'3 230 and can run. Just wondering if someone is in the know and could enlighten me.

I use to coach agaist this kid in High School and just wondering is he for sure going to red shirt. I believe at the regional track meet last year he pulled his hamstring and that is not he first time that has happend. Is he OK and Texas just wants to red shirt him or is he hurt. Now he has always run out of the I formation. Is this hurting his chances of playing. I just think with the way the running game is going why not give every healthy RB a chance . The kid is about 6'3 230 and can run. Just wondering if someone is in the know and could enlighten me.

Whaley's name was mentioned on ESPN Radio Austin this a.m. Apparently, he came into camp heavy and was not impressive enough to unseat McGee/Whittaker/Newton. For a frosh to get game time, he needs to turn heads and Whaley did not. It is doubtful he will see the field this year. Hopefully he will work his way onto the depth chart next year.

Supposedly he runs in the 4.3 range (or did). I too heard he showed up to camp a little heavier than they expected and they had actually knocked around the idea of moving him to TE with all of our injuries there.

Not many 6 3 backs in the nfl...Hes a tad small but tight end may be a great move for him. He would do well there in the type of system texas runs. When shipley leaves the short routes will be given to those big slot/te type players