Center vs. Rusk

RideUmRough07

Center vs. Rusk  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Victorious?

• Center
    • Rusk

I'll agree that there is a change going on, but their true character will shine through in the end. I've never known Center kids to display much character at all. And if you are from Center, you know exactly what I mean. Can it be changed, absolutely. Will it happen in one year, NO!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree that there is a change going on, but their true character will shine through in the end. I've never known Center kids to display much character at all. And if you are from Center, you know exactly what I mean. Can it be changed, absolutely. Will it happen in one year, NO!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. But I think your most definitely wrong about the one year change. It's been a little over half a year now, and I've had conversations with several teachers and they all say that they have seen a big time change in the attitudes of some of those kids who previously had "questionable" character.

Rideum I am glad that you are stoked about your teams success but be humble.

I've been humble for the longest time... and I'd have to say I was pretty darn humble last week predicting a much closer score than that of the result. Don't dog me for trying to incite an opposition from Rusk's fans. Who before this week had no problem coming onto threads that didn't even involve them and talking smack, but now we get to show time and they are suddenly no where to be found....

Just some interesting facts on this game from maxpreps.com:

Center comes into this game ranked 29th in 3a with an overall record of 5-2 (1-1 in district)

Averaging 30.85 pts per game while allowing 11.71 pts per game.

Combing record of opposing teams - 19-29

record against opponents with losing records 1-5

record against opponents with winning records 0-1

player Stats have not been updated since the Diboll game

Rusk comes into this game ranked 88th in 3a with an overall record of 4-3 (1-1 in district)

Averaging 26 pts per game while allowing 21.14 pts per game.

combined record of opposing teams - 20-29

record against opponents with losing records 4-0

record against opponents with winning records 0-3

No player stats have been entered by Rusk's coach.

So as far as who has played the tougher schedule, right now it appears Rusk has played a slightly tougher schedule. But, Center has a big time advantage in the pts scored vs. pts allowed. Is that a direct result of the weaker schedule?

I watched the Carthage Bulldogs play both of these teams. The scores of those games really didn't reflect the actuality of what happened. Although we shut out Center and Rusk scored 19 on our defense, those points came on our 2nd/3rd string defense and we left our 1st string defense in longer with the Center game. All that being said...Center by at least 2 TDs. I'm a Bulldog...but I'm pulling for Center this week against Rusk. Go Riders!

I watched the Carthage Bulldogs play both of these teams. The scores of those games really didn't reflect the actuality of what happened. Although we shut out Center and Rusk scored 19 on our defense, those points came on our 2nd/3rd string defense and we left our 1st string defense in longer with the Center game. All that being said...Center by at least 2 TDs. I'm a Bulldog...but I'm pulling for Center this week against Rusk. Go Riders!

Just from the sound of things, it seemed like Rusk was trying to injure players from Carthage... I think I heard that like 3 Bulldog starters were unable to go in the second quarter???

RideUm, your insane.

Rusk is WAYYYYYY bigger up front than Center is. Has Center faced a team that lines up and runs smash mouth football down your throat? Rusk will win this game, and it prolly wont even be as close as people are expecting it. Sure, you hung 50 on Diboll, but your QB had no pressure whatsoever... I recall this is the same QB that Center put in last years game when yalls starter got hurt... and he did absolutely nothing against us. Rusk will hold the ball pretty much the entire game. Your offense isn't going to have a chance to score, because the ball will always be in Rusk's possesion. I do remember that rusk held the ball 11 minutes of the 3rd quarter last year... I see much of the same result.

That is, unless Carter (#5) or Johnson (#1) just runs past yalls D... Oh but wait, Center has so much speed that won't happen will it? :hmm: Haha, I can't wait to see what you have to say when this one is over.

Oh by the way, what would Rusk gain by trying to injure Carthage's players?... Injuries happen in every game. Rusk has a little bit more class than to try to injure the other team... But, since it was a thought of yours, Center must have that planned going into the game.

RideUm, your insane.

Rusk is WAYYYYYY bigger up front than Center is. Has Center faced a team that lines up and runs smash mouth football down your throat? Rusk will win this game, and it prolly wont even be as close as people are expecting it. Sure, you hung 50 on Diboll, but your QB had no pressure whatsoever... I recall this is the same QB that Center put in last years game when yalls starter got hurt... and he did absolutely nothing against us. Rusk will hold the ball pretty much the entire game. Your offense isn't going to have a chance to score, because the ball will always be in Rusk's possesion. I do remember that rusk held the ball 11 minutes of the 3rd quarter last year... I see much of the same result.

That is, unless Carter (#5) or Johnson (#1) just runs past yalls D... Oh but wait, Center has so much speed that won't happen will it? :hmm: Haha, I can't wait to see what you have to say when this one is over.

Oh by the way, what would Rusk gain by trying to injure Carthage's players?... Injuries happen in every game. Rusk has a little bit more class than to try to injure the other team... But, since it was a thought of yours, Center must have that planned going into the game.

LOL... who cares about size. We sure don't your offensive linemen sure are gonna be embarassed when they get owned by a 5'7 150 pd defensive tackle. and don't tell me it can't be done because I've seen them do it time after time after time. there hasn't been a team we've faced that hasn't outweighed us by at least 50 pds per person on the dline but has that stopped us from being 5-2? Nope sure hasn't. and it barely has kept us from being 6-1. Take away the 4th quarter and our "little guys" flat out owned Nac's big boys, and they outweighed us by 100 pds per person.

Nope the kid who came in last year was actually the starting QB who got hurt. and I'll be the first to tell you I was absolutely amazed with his performance this year compared to last year. He improved by leaps and bounds.

But y'all may have been better of with him at QB, now you have to try and deal with trying to bring down Short which is no easy task.

I hope those RB's you speak so highly of have gotten over that case of fumblitus they had last year. If I remember correctly #1 had something like 5 fumbles in last years game. And this D is geared towards creating turnovers. Not even the almighty Carthage could keep from turning the ball over against our D. The problem in that game was our Offense turned it right back over to them.

Fumbles happen a whoooole lot less often when people arent hitting the ball carrier. And Rusk's O-Line will be taking care of these 5'7 150 pounders who youve thrown at everyone else. Rusk's line isn't just fairly large... They're actually athletic.

Apparently they weren't athletic enough to handle Carthage... Y'all may get a bit of a break with the size, but Center's D-line is just as fast, if not faster than Carthage's... and your completely out of your mind if you think our linebackers aren't going to be putting a hat on somebody...

just saying...

Obviously you havn't noticed that Carthage is on a completely different level than both of our teams... So you can stop bringing them into it... But if you want to play that game, how great did yall do against them?... Thats what I thought.

0-6 1st quarter (starting QB gets hurt, offense goes THIAHB)

0-28 2nd quarter (defense is gassed due to a lack of offensive production)

0-35 3rd quarter (Carthage starters remain in the game)

0-35 4th quarter (defensive starters begin to get pulled, starting O stays in til the 6 minute mark)

How about Rusk? (obviously this is a rhetorical question because I know Carthage starting pulling starters at halftime)

If they blow that Train Horn in Rusk then Rusk will win. Train Horns win games. That is the only thing Gilmer is afraid of is Train Horns.

That train horn is the 2nd most terrible noise i've ever heard, all it does it wake up the fans that are asleep because the Rusk fans are so bored from being scored on over and over,,,the only thing that sounds worse than that horn is the recording of that panther in bullard..every time they make a first down they play that panther recording..

the train horn is a known landmark (i'll give you that) but as far as winning games...i dont think it helps the eagles at all....

Center by 3 TDs

Yakity smackity this game comes down to who wants it more

Both teams want it... I have no doubt about that... Its been a while since either school went to the playoffs.

I think this game comes down more to who has more talent. Both coaching staffs are good, so you know they are going to coach a good game. The only two variables in this equation are #1 talent and #2 officiating... those are the only two things that have yet to be determined.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........Where did the train horn originate? I do recall back in the mid - to - late 90's the Rusk Eagles having a horn mounted on a trailer. Had flashing lights and a very loud horn. Believe it was called the EAGLE EXPRESS........

I do remember it being blown alot at Center games..........Can anyone say domination?.........

Rusk 28

Center 13

my prediction.....

Nasty :highfive:

if you want to bring back old games, why dont we think back a few years ago when yalls stud cody glen got thrown out of the game for taking a swing a our d-end. then he tried to come back into the game on offense! and i believe the conversation went, "What i thought he was just thrown out of this offensive series!" said the rusk coach...hahaha if you get thrown out of a game, it's for the whole game, i wouldn't even begin to bring the word domination into this debate.

if you want to bring back old games, why dont we think back a few years ago when yalls stud cody glen got thrown out of the game for taking a swing a our d-end. then he tried to come back into the game on offense! and i believe the conversation went, "What i thought he was just thrown out of this offensive series!" said the rusk coach...hahaha if you get thrown out of a game, it's for the whole game, i wouldn't even begin to bring the word domination into this debate.

I do believe the Eagles went on to win that game as well, without Mr. Glenn. Last I checked that stud went on to Nebraska , got a degree, and is now with the Colts in the NFL.

Again...DOMINATION is the word of the day. :smirk: :smirk: