Center vs. Rusk

RideUmRough07

Center vs. Rusk  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Victorious?

• Center
    • Rusk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........Where did the train horn originate? I do recall back in the mid - to - late 90's the Rusk Eagles having a horn mounted on a trailer. Had flashing lights and a very loud horn. Believe it was called the EAGLE EXPRESS........

I do remember it being blown alot at Center games..........Can anyone say domination?.........

lol, actually the word 'Lucky' comes to mind waaaaaaay before domination...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leave the feathers on... they'll be all burnt off by the end of the night....

Can anyone say wet field? Heard the sprinkler system messed up the other day and the field is a mess. Too bad.....I remember a time when the mighty Riders came to town with Wulf and company and got defeated on a wet field in Eagleland. Deja---VU anyone....

DOMINATION STATION......... :cripple: :cripple: :cripple:

lol, name a game this year where the field hasn't been drenched??? our field last week was pretty dang muddy. But what did that change??? maybe kept the Riders from scoring another 14 pts... but thats about it.

lol, name a game this year where the field hasn't been drenched??? our field last week was pretty dang muddy. But what did that change??? maybe kept the Riders from scoring another 14 pts... but thats about it.

Rusk's field has always smelt like sewer anyway... maybe that is y'alls secret weapon. They can't play if their gagging the whole time right???

Some of the posts from Rusk make me wish Carthage would've put the 1st stringers back in to keep them from scoring last week and we could have shut them out and shut them up. Good luck Riders...make them wallow in that mud hole they keep braggin about.

Ridemrough07... Do you have something against Callahan. It's not like Callahan was a bad coach. He is the HC in Quitman right now and is in 2nd place in district.

Callahan may have been a good coach, but there comes a time when change is needed. Coach Goodwin is reviving Center's football team, and he has the respect of many. Coach Goodwin is not only making Center stronger through motivation, he is also showing the team how to win. In my opinion, the same cannot be said about Callahan.

#1 - Jasper is not overrated

#2 - Center is still Center... Rusk wins...

You seem to be making a well informed and insightful statement. You also did not in anyway present this as your opinion. Instead, you presented it as a fact. You obviously have extensive knowledge of the current and previous football program in Center. You also seem to think of yourself as an expert in the area of East Texas Football. This is also a passion of mine, although I am not the omniscient being you surely must be. " Center is still Center... Rusk wins...". Could you please, in your infinite wisdom, enlighten us as to the knowledge you possess? We would all enjoy being as well informed as you seem to be. Inquiring minds want to know.

Rusk's field has always smelt like sewer anyway... maybe that is y'alls secret weapon. They can't play if their gagging the whole time right???

I was going to ask about the smell in Shelby county. Center smells like chicken @#$$%&&>.

I was going to ask about the smell in Shelby county. Center smells like chicken @#$$%&&>.

just a fyi, it hasn't smelled like that in over 5 years..oh and that chicken smell is the smell of money, jusk ask anyone who knows how to farm, but you probably wouldn't know anything about that because you've never had to get your hands dirty and do any real work!

I think I'm gonna change my prediction to 42-20 in Rusk's favor. and hookem, are you saying that Center hasn't done any real work in the past 5 years...because you did say when it smelled like that yall were doin' real work...and you also said it hasn't smelt like that in 5 years...you kind of contradicted yourself...just thought I'd let you know! haha

just a fyi, it hasn't smelled like that in over 5 years..oh and that chicken smell is the smell of money, jusk ask anyone who knows how to farm, but you probably wouldn't know anything about that because you've never had to get your hands dirty and do any real work!

There is NO money in growing chickens and working for a poultry company! I can speak from experience.

LOL... who cares about size. We sure don't your offensive linemen sure are gonna be embarassed when they get owned by a 5'7 150 pd defensive tackle. and don't tell me it can't be done because I've seen them do it time after time after time. there hasn't been a team we've faced that hasn't outweighed us by at least 50 pds per person on the dline but has that stopped us from being 5-2? Nope sure hasn't. and it barely has kept us from being 6-1. Take away the 4th quarter and our "little guys" flat out owned Nac's big boys, and they outweighed us by 100 pds per person.

Nope the kid who came in last year was actually the starting QB who got hurt. and I'll be the first to tell you I was absolutely amazed with his performance this year compared to last year. He improved by leaps and bounds.

But y'all may have been better of with him at QB, now you have to try and deal with trying to bring down Short which is no easy task.

I hope those RB's you speak so highly of have gotten over that case of fumblitus they had last year. If I remember correctly #1 had something like 5 fumbles in last years game. And this D is geared towards creating turnovers. Not even the almighty Carthage could keep from turning the ball over against our D. The problem in that game was our Offense turned it right back over to them.

Carthage only turned the ball over 1 time...

I think I'm gonna change my prediction to 42-20 in Rusk's favor. and hookem, are you saying that Center hasn't done any real work in the past 5 years...because you did say when it smelled like that yall were doin' real work...and you also said it hasn't smelt like that in 5 years...you kind of contradicted yourself...just thought I'd let you know! haha

it hasn't smelled like that in over 5 years becuase they tore down the chicken houses that were beside the stadium..and yea there has been lots of poultry money made in center up untill the past year and a half and thats becuse we as a country are having problems with the economy.. in no way did i contradict myself. your just too concerned with putting your 2cents of mess in here that you didn't read what i wrote....

There is NO money in growing chickens and working for a poultry company! I can speak from experience.

[/quote

I wasn't talkin about Tyson or Pilgrims, talkin bout farms...cuz if you know how to work them right there is plenty of money to be made (when the economy is back to normal ofcourse)

yall just keep those people in the crazy asylum in their padded cells......Everytime I go to Rusk I get an eerie feeling :devil: :devil: :devil:

Don't worry, there will be no need to stay after the 2nd quater, Rusk will be in a big enough lead that you can just go back home and kill more chickens...or whatever yall do over there. lol

it hasn't smelled like that in over 5 years becuase they tore down the chicken houses that were beside the stadium..and yea there has been lots of poultry money made in center up untill the past year and a half and thats becuse we as a country are having problems with the economy.. in no way did i contradict myself. your just too concerned with putting your 2cents of mess in here that you didn't read what i wrote....

yea...you definintley did contradict yourself, you obviously don't know what it means or you would agree. So just go back to farming chickens...

Gotta go with Center 35-7. RideumRough don't stop to eat on your way out of Rusk Friday night. The boys in white coats will be looking for you. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

lol I wouldn't stop to eat there anyway... last time we stopped to eat in rusk the workers at church's (or whatever crappy fast food resturant that is) wouldn't even throw some chicken in the fryer even though they were open for another hour... The other choices aren't that spectacular either... whataburger or subway. both of which I can get in Center before I leave. ;)

chikinhawk, not trying to start an argument here but I'm pretty sure we had at least 2 fumble recoveries in the redzone... I will check my stats though.

You would think Rusk had done something spectacular (like beat a team that has actually won more than 2 games) by the way they talk...