Center vs. Rusk

RideUmRough07

Center vs. Rusk  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Victorious?

• Center
    • Rusk

Triple option will eat up the riders tonight. Time consuming drives that eat up a large portion of the clock. Sacks will be hard to come by because the Eagles rarely go to the air. Assignment football is the key........

This will be the Riders in a few weeks.... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusk Eagles after the game tonight: :clap:

Center coaches during the game: :hmm:

Center players before, during , and after the game: :no: :no:

I have to disagree. . . Center players will give everything they have. You will not see that look before, after or during the game. Coach Goodwin knows how to motivate his boys. Rusk players on the other hand may have that expression on their face from beginning to end.

I have to disagree. . . Center players will give everything they have. You will not see that look before, after or during the game. Coach Goodwin knows how to motivate his boys. Rusk players on the other hand may have that expression on their face from beginning to end.

Come on...I expected a better come back than that. You can do better. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I LUUUUUUUUV BIG NASTYS POSTS,A MAN OF OWN STATURE!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

Whatever you and bignasty do on y'alls time is your business. But please, refrain from that kind of "behavior" on this forum. Some people view it as lewd. or just plain gross.

and its you crazy people that were talking about the last time Center went to the playoffs. So why bash somebody who told you? Obviously you thought it somehow affected tonight's game before they said it.

Y'all can run whatever offense y'all want. Triple option, Option, Power I, Wishbone, Wing T.... It really doesn't matter. Because even if y'all do score, you won't have near enough time to keep up with the Riders ability to score at anytime.

You know what does affect this game though?

Center: Averaging 30.85 pts per game while allowing 11.71 pts per game.

Rusk: Averaging 26 pts per game while allowing 21.14 pts per game.

But you'll probably go ahead and say that those stats don't matter huh?

Just my thoughts on the game:

The Rider defense was phenomenal, you really couldn't have asked for a much better performance from them given the situation. Rusk wanted to play hard nosed and we gave it to them. The offense wasn't producing so what do they do? Put the game on their shoulders and carry Center to a victory.

The offense didn't really get it done, but I think it was in large part to the field conditions. I think we would have performed better on a dry field.

A great game all in all.

Rusk played hard and that should be acknowledged, because they gave it all they had as well, it just wasn't enough.

And rusk is broke how? And how is it going to be hard for us to go to the playoffs? Correct me if im wrong but, we beat Gladewater by way more than Center did and we actually put points on the board against Carthage...Even if they had there second or third string in...It doesnt matter points are points...So please tell me how Rusk is the broke one... :happy65:

if they werent they should be now!!!! :bangin:

No not you bignasty.... I just don't think a coach should talk about his own team on here....

Tell me why as a coach you need to do that? If I am a coach, I am not worried about a so called "expert" talking about my team... Center won the game, congratulations, you are going to make the playoffs and have a chance to win a game or two...

Just my thoughts on the game:

The Rider defense was phenomenal, you really couldn't have asked for a much better performance from them given the situation. Rusk wanted to play hard nosed and we gave it to them. The offense wasn't producing so what do they do? Put the game on their shoulders and carry Center to a victory.

The offense didn't really get it done, but I think it was in large part to the field conditions. I think we would have performed better on a dry field.

A great game all in all.

Rusk played hard and that should be acknowledged, because they gave it all they had as well, it just wasn't enough.

Center's defense came up big when it counted, well done.

However, it seems a little odd that you blame the field for Center's offensive failures rather than giving credit to the Rusk Defense. I seem to remember several times Center's QB got sacked, a bunch of tackle-for-losses and a few 3-and-outs that they caused. It wasn't like Rusk's Offense had a different field to play on. They were able to score. Same field, same refs, same conditions for both teams.

don't try to tell me that Rusk is used to the field because it is theirs, the field just plain was horrible...for everyone.

It's a poor workman that blames his tools.

I'll take me crow...but I must say that Rusk is the better team. We handed yall the ball 2 times in the backfield and yall scored. Rusk's defense was lights out and the offense drove every possesion. Center has improved scince last year, I will give yall that...but Rusk is still the better team IMO. Keep yalls heads up Rusk...yall still got two more games...make 'em count.

I'll take me crow...but I must say that Rusk is the better team. We handed yall the ball 2 times in the backfield and yall scored. Rusk's defense was lights out and the offense drove every possesion. Center has improved scince last year, I will give yall that...but Rusk is still the better team IMO. Keep yalls heads up Rusk...yall still got two more games...make 'em count.

You must be losing it rusk is not the better team....who ever gets the win is the better team.....

woooo boy Im here to give free crow to all the Rusk crazies who were all like nah Center is gna get spanked and other nasty things of that nature........Im jk but seriously Rusk played well and there defense shut down our O. But Center won and came up with big stops and turnvovers and that resulted in the victory. Wtc was the deal with the scoreboard??? man thats bad cuz even huntington has a working scoreboard. Good luck to Rusk on the rest of the season. Great job Rider D!!!

Center's defense came up big when it counted, well done.

However, it seems a little odd that you blame the field for Center's offensive failures rather than giving credit to the Rusk Defense. I seem to remember several times Center's QB got sacked, a bunch of tackle-for-losses and a few 3-and-outs that they caused. It wasn't like Rusk's Offense had a different field to play on. They were able to score. Same field, same refs, same conditions for both teams.

don't try to tell me that Rusk is used to the field because it is theirs, the field just plain was horrible...for everyone.

It's a poor workman that blames his tools.

Ok how is "the type of offense we run was not well suited to the field conditions"

Rusk's had a good defensive gameplan and I acknowledge that. But I know Jaelyn's ability to scramble and break tackles, and he couldn't do that last night because you couldn't make a cut on that field for nothing. Rusk's offense was much better suited for the field conditions and that showed. All I'm saying is that on a dry field our offense would've been much more efficient. That's all I'm saying. I guess that's an excuse but that's the only one I want to make. Rusk played very well and controlled the game, but Center's defense was just better.