Center vs. Rusk

RideUmRough07

Center vs. Rusk  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Victorious?

• Center
    • Rusk

I'll take me crow...but I must say that Rusk is the better team. We handed yall the ball 2 times in the backfield and yall scored. Rusk's defense was lights out and the offense drove every possesion. Center has improved scince last year, I will give yall that...but Rusk is still the better team IMO. Keep yalls heads up Rusk...yall still got two more games...make 'em count.

A good team would have not "handed" the ball to the other team. So basically you are trying to say that Rusk did that on purpose? That was their game plan?

:hmm:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

center has shown they deserve respect in their district. They have proven they can play against good teams and prevail the winner. I will eat crow because I had my doubt about them. congrat center on your victory and good luck on the rest of the season. :thumbsup: Rusk quit your :crybaby: and except the fact that you got your hinny's :cripple: lol That is the bottom line because hardcore said so.

From the way our offense played I can understand why Rusk fans think they are the better team. I mean when you have a close game like that, it is understandable. So I'm not going to bash them for that because they are just doing what any good fan would do. If you don't think your team is the best no matter what then that just makes you a fair weather fan, and nobody likes a fair weather fan.

center has shown they deserve respect in their district. They have proven they can play against good teams and prevail the winner. I will eat crow because I had my doubt about them. congrat center on your victory and good luck on the rest of the season. :thumbsup: Rusk quit your :crybaby: and except the fact that you got your hinny's :cripple: lol That is the bottom line because hardcore said so.

:clap: couldnt have said it better :clap:

If the field was so bad then how did Rusk have over 300 yds total offense compared to Center's 44 yds total???

Didn't they play on the same field???

Rusk's offense scored MORE POINTS than Center's offense

Rusk's offense had MORE RUSHING YARDS than Center's offense

Rusk's offense had MORE PASSING YARDS than Center's offense

If the field was so bad then how did Rusk have over 300 yds total offense compared to Center's 44 yds total???

It doesn't matter if Rusk had 5000 total yards of offense or if Center had -300 yards. The Fact is that Center had more of the only value that matters. Points.

OK this is obviously very hard for you to comprehend. But I will make it very simple that maybe you can understand. Rusk runs a veer, or triple option. most of their plays were ran straight up the middle, the backs didn't really cut, or change direction, just straight ahead or "going north".

Center runs basically a spread offense. Our backs and receivers depend on their ability to move and shake, and also break tackles. Sometimes our quarterback has to scramble around in the pocket and buy himself a little extra time. None of these things were very possible friday night. I acknowledged the fact that Rusk had a very good defensive gameplan to get pressure on our quarterback, and that had something to do with it. But I don't think it would have been as easy for them to make the plays that they did had the field been dry.