Vince Young

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the crowing about Vince Young is all about. They've won four games straight against two good teams and two horrible teams. I see them 2-4 in the last 6 games. Kerry Collins had to go, but Vince is not the answer at quarterback.

you can see what you want...fact is they were 0-6 with collins and now 4-0 with young...he's made a difference...like it or not

you can see what you want...fact is they were 0-6 with collins and now 4-0 with young...he's made a difference...like it or not

Look at who the winning streak has been against, and it hasn't been Vince Young leading the charge. Vince reminds me of Kordell Stewart. He's a great athlete, but not a great quarterback.

Look at who the winning streak has been against, and it hasn't been Vince Young leading the charge. Vince reminds me of Kordell Stewart. He's a great athlete, but not a great quarterback.

vince reminds me of that guy who wins football games. and that is all that matters...22-11 as an NFL starter.

vince reminds me of that guy who wins football games. and that is all that matters...22-11 as an NFL starter.

He is in a good position to win games. That D is alright and johnson is a beast. VY can be a manager in Tenn and it will be great for him. he doesnt have the arm to throw for 350 and 5 tds against a good defense but he doesnt have to. Tenn is a great fit for him right now and i hate to say it but the guy is a winner. He will be able to 180 1 td his way to alot of wins as long as Johnson stays productive.

consistantly? Didnt say the guy wasnt a winner...But he doesnt have a 350 yard game on a week in week out bases.

Maybe you could give a list of quarterbacks in the history of the NFL that have had 350 yard games on a week in week out basis. I suspect that is an exceptionally short list.

Your anti-UT bias is showing with that stupid comment.

Maybe you could give a list of quarterbacks in the history of the NFL that have had 350 yard games on a week in week out basis. I suspect that is an exceptionally short list.

Your anti-UT bias is showing with that stupid comment.

My reasoning for my not thinking he is "the best qb ever" has nothing to do with him being from Texas...And maybe its another post but i have said i think he is a winner no doubt about that. There is nothing wrong with somebody not thinking he is great. It is not just my ANTI UT BIAS...I dont have one of those. For all people who say that they are the same ones who usually dont post on any tread but Texas ones and nobody ever plays as good as the horns. Im not saying you are one of those but usually the people that call people out on being biased are the more so than the people they are calling out.

I just think its premature to be giving him so much hype this early. Lets not forget this is a titans team that was great last season. The same team he lost his starting job on...With that in mind this is still for the msot part outside of Haynesworth, the same team. They should be winning. Not saying VY isnt a part of that...But i think it is awfully strange the game VY gets in they start to play better D and the running game makes a far bigger impact.

That being said i think VY is doing a great job. But outside of yesterdays game he hasnt 'Won" these games by himself. You should keep that in mind before saying he is the turnaround of the year or best thing going in Tenn or whatever it is that people want to say. He is playing well and his team is doing well. More time will tell...That should be enough for now. Quit trying to get smoaky praise for a solid 5 game stretch...When he wins a few more games maybe a playoff win or two then ill say what you want me to about him.

My reasoning for my not thinking he is "the best qb ever" has nothing to do with him being from Texas...And maybe its another post but i have said i think he is a winner no doubt about that. There is nothing wrong with somebody not thinking he is great. It is not just my ANTI UT BIAS...I dont have one of those. For all people who say that they are the same ones who usually dont post on any tread but Texas ones and nobody ever plays as good as the horns. Im not saying you are one of those but usually the people that call people out on being biased are the more so than the people they are calling out.

I just think its premature to be giving him so much hype this early. Lets not forget this is a titans team that was great last season. The same team he lost his starting job on...With that in mind this is still for the msot part outside of Haynesworth, the same team. They should be winning. Not saying VY isnt a part of that...But i think it is awfully strange the game VY gets in they start to play better D and the running game makes a far bigger impact.

That being said i think VY is doing a great job. But outside of yesterdays game he hasnt 'Won" these games by himself. You should keep that in mind before saying he is the turnaround of the year or best thing going in Tenn or whatever it is that people want to say. He is playing well and his team is doing well. More time will tell...That should be enough for now. Quit trying to get smoaky praise for a solid 5 game stretch...When he wins a few more games maybe a playoff win or two then ill say what you want me to about him.

I agree that the jury is still out on Vince Young as a pro quarterback. I was specifically addressing your comment about throwing for 350 yards per game consistently, which was just a ridiculous comment.

And as far as you not having an anti-UT bias.......give me a break. Anyone reading your posts can see your feelings about UT. I don't have any problem with you having a bias. We all do. I can't believe you won't admit it.