85lobooldschool

Pine Tree vrs, Longview  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Score and predictions

• Longview in a blowout
    • Longview in a close one
    • Pine Tree in a blowout
    • Pine Tree in a close one

I feel bad for the new football coach, having to dismiss athlete's. But Pine Tree should know this year is "LOBO YEAR"

to own Pine Tree in every sport, but golf!

dont say every sport....PT did beat em in Volleyball...and the tourney going on right now...hearsay is that Longview Lost to Hallsville which PT beat....so....

idk exactly how factual it all is...so dont say "every"...or "all" or "any" lol...just sayin...always brings bad luck and harsh feelings when their team, SO DOMINANT,....falls... :homer: DOH!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing no one has mentioned is that Pine Tree has two weeks to prepare for this game because of a bye last week.

Longview just played a physical opponent in Hallsville and will have 2 days or so to prepare for the Thursday game against PT.

If there wasn't such a huge gap in natural athleticism I'd give PT the edge, but the gap in talent is so huge it won't matter. Scheme doesn't make your team bigger or faster.

PT will pull out all the stops to try to win this game. Trick plays, gadget plays, new formations, new looks...but it won't matter. The talent and depth gap is just too big to overlook.

I do have a prediction that Longview will come out flat and not ready to play. Having less time to prepare and looking forward to the bye week and the playoffs with nothing really to play for (having clinched the district title) will take its toll...it is just too natural for 16-18 year olds to lose focus. I can foresee a sloppy start but Longview will still take care of business.

I hope they are looking at this game as a statement before the playoffs to strike fear into future opponents.

hearsay is that Longview Lost to Hallsville which PT beat....so....

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content...volleyball.html

"The Hallsville Ladycats, led at the net by Darby Graff's 11 kills and seven blocks, remained in firm control of the District 13-4A volleyball race with a 25-14, 25-17, 25-10 sweep of Pine Tree."

You were saying?

And tifire85, we saw that last season in the 1st half, before Longview woke up. Hopefully it won't happen again, but it wouldn't surprise me. That said, I still don't think they'll score enough on our defense.

Here were the final standings in most of the sports in 13-4A last year:

Volleyball

PT

Hallsville

Longview

Tex

Marshall

SS

MP

Football

Longview

Tex

SS

Marshall

Halls

MP

PT

Girls Cross Country

Pine Tree

Marshall

sorry....the rest is imcomplete

Boys Cross Country

SS

Marshall

PT

sorry...rest is incomplete

Boys Basketball

PT

Longview

SS

Halls

Mar

MP

Tex

Girls Basketball

Long

MP

Halls

Mar

Tex

PT

SS

Boys Track

Tex

Marshall

Long

Halls

PT

SS

MP

Girls Track

PT

Tex

Halls

Long

Mar

MP

SS

Team Tennis

Tex

PT

Boys Swimming

Tex

PT

Long

Girls Swimming

Tex

PT

Marshall

Long

Softball

Tex

SS

Marshall

Halls

MP

PT

Long

Baseball

Tex

Halls

Marshall

SS

Long

PT

MP

Continue the debate.

dont forget soccer! it is PT number one sport.

boys got to regional tournament, loosing in the first game to lindale.

longview girls got to regional FINAL game, loosing to richardson jj pearce.

pt girls got third in district.

longview boys got second in district.

It's been my opinion for sometime that instead of Longview loading down their stadium with new extras a joint-bond proposal should have been made to have a New joint stadium for both Longview and Pine Tree built then schedule the way JT and Lee do. That's the way they do it in Dallas and end up with really nice stadiums. You must admit as nice as Longview's stadium looks it doesn't even hold our own fans let alone the away team. But it's just a shame that an inter-city game like this is played in tyler, taking both tax dollars and the concept of a city rivalry with it.

If Pine Tree doesn't get up for this game then they should even play the game. As bad as their season has been you can never count out any team till the game is played. I'm thinking Daingerfield over Celina from a few years back, cowboys over bills in 91 (i think), Appalachian state over Michigan. I'm not saying it will happen, i'm saying it can happen. My "money" is on Longview, my curiosity in the upset.

I don't think a joint bond between two school districts would work. If you have PT and Longview playing at one stadium, you'd have to have Springhill playing there too, just to be fair. There's not really a good central location for a new stadium either. Plus, PTISD probably wouldn't want to spend money to do something like that.

Longview just needs to add bleachers on the hill in the south end, instead of letting people sit in the grass. They could even add a section on the south end of the visitors side, next to where the visiting band sits. Lobo Stadium holds about 10K people, it could easily hold 12K, maybe more than that.

Scores from Tuesday...

Longview JV 40 Pine Tree JV 10

Longview Freshmen A 28 Pine Tree Freshmen A 6

Longview Freshmen B 20 Pine Tree Freshmen B 0

Forest Park 30 Pine Tree 8th Graders 0

(Foster beat Judson 28-6 in the other Longview middle school match ups).

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content...volleyball.html

"The Hallsville Ladycats, led at the net by Darby Graff's 11 kills and seven blocks, remained in firm control of the District 13-4A volleyball race with a 25-14, 25-17, 25-10 sweep of Pine Tree."

You were saying?

And tifire85, we saw that last season in the 1st half, before Longview woke up. Hopefully it won't happen again, but it wouldn't surprise me. That said, I still don't think they'll score enough on our defense.

Its funny that Pine Tree played Longview tuff in the first half and that is justified by saying Longview was asleep what a joke there always has to be some excuse.

Scores from Tuesday...

Longview JV 40 Pine Tree JV 10

Longview Freshmen A 28 Pine Tree Freshmen A 6

Longview Freshmen B 20 Pine Tree Freshmen B 0

Forest Park 30 Pine Tree 8th Graders 0

(Foster beat Judson 28-6 in the other Longview middle school match ups).

Has Judson played Pine Tree? If they have, does anyone know the score offhand?

Ok we know who's gonna win. I just hope we can get alot of practice in the passing game. And without any injuries. I wish we could bring up some of the JV and freshmen kids for this game so they can get some reps with the varsity before the playoffs start.

We are gonna need a bunch of reps to get past the 4th round.

It's called reading the newspaper. Should try it sometime. :sorcerer:

Thanks. I have a subscription and read it daily.

Since those scores have been published in the paper, I wasn't clear on your motive for repeating them. Probably to reinforce the already well documented fact of Longview's football dominance over Pine Tree.

Since those scores have been published in the paper, I wasn't clear on your motive for repeating them.

The same reason other people post their JV and below scores on here?

Not every single person reads the newspaper and not every single person lives in East Texas that visits this place. I've posted the scores in almost every GT this season and last. Not sure what the problem is with that. But if you want to read more into it than there is, then by all means go ahead.