Class A Playoff Match ups in East Texas

astros123

Colmesneil is DI out of District 23....First round bye.....Second round against the winner of the District 21 vs. District 22 matchup......

Evadale is one of our DII reps...the other one will be determined this week as West Hardin travels to Hull-Daisetta to fight it out for that third playoff spot.....

Joaquin and Carlisle is a good matchup, both are smash mouth defense minded running teams. Of course, both teams have to take care of business the next two weeks to get there. We should know the DII matchups this week. I'm hoping to see Tenaha vs. Alto, because both are loaded with speed, play hard nosed, disciplined defense, and run the spread as good as anyone. Cayuga vs. Mt. Enterprise matches up the two best 1A backs in the state, along with their great teams. No matter what happens, three good football teams are going home in the first round.

After looking at jacketgrads link, if it turns out like that joaquin has a very good chance of winning the D1 regional bracket. Idk much about Reisel or Itasca but i like Joa against Carlisle and JB. Does this seem likely to anyone else?

Also, i would like to see alto/tenaha and Mt/cayuga. those would b some very high powered games to open the playoffs.

Riesel may not make it they still have bremond and mart both are playing good ball.

Wasnt really impressed with riesel when I saw them.

If riesel doesnt makr it lovelad is D1.

What does Lovelady look like? I know they're very good, but what style team are they. Loaded with speed like Alto, power running game like Yuga? Not trying to get ahead of things, just curious about the #1 team in the state.

Joaquin-Carlisle in Div 1

Tenaha-Cayuga-Alto Loser

Mt. Enterprise-Cayuga-Alto Winner

Tell me the Rams aren't happy don't have to play Alto first round, but better watch out for Carlisle

Div 2 2 good teams going home first round

The 3 spot is still wide open and likely must wait until this Friday to develop some clarity.

It's my understanding that the 3rd place playoff spot is yet to be determined. If Cushing wins out (beats Grapeland and Carlisle) they are in. The BearKats have struggled this year no doubt, but they are better than their record indicates and are improving each week. I like to think you still have to play the game before you anoint a winner. Friday nights and high school football equates to anything can happen and the unexpected often happens.

Coaching Staff

Group: Members

Member No.: 14,619

Did alot of math and here is the senerio in 20-A.

Alto and Cayuga are in.

Overton and Cross Roads are out.

Cushing is in if they win out.

Carlise is in if they win out and Cayuga beats alto, or Grapeland beats Cayuga (after losing to Alto) by 2 or less, or a loss by grapeland.

Grapeland is in if Cayuga loses to Alto, they win out and beat Cayuga by more than 2, or win 2 and Carlise lose 1.

--------------------

--------------------

Mark D. Jackson

SFA Alumni

Kilgore Jr. College Alumni

Mt. Enterprise ISD Alumni

Life's School of Hard Knocks

Cushing BearKat Booster

"Do the very best with what you have, and do it right now." Dr. George Washington Carver

The 3 spot is still wide open and likely must wait until this Friday to develop some clarity.

It's my understanding that the 3rd place playoff spot is yet to be determined. If Cushing wins out (beats Grapeland and Carlisle) they are in. The BearKats have struggled this year no doubt, but they are better than their record indicates and are improving each week. I like to think you still have to play the game before you anoint a winner. Friday nights and high school football equates to anything can happen and the unexpected often happens.

Coaching Staff

Group: Members

Member No.: 14,619

Did alot of math and here is the senerio in 20-A.

Alto and Cayuga are in.

Overton and Cross Roads are out.

Cushing is in if they win out.

Carlise is in if they win out and Cayuga beats alto, or Grapeland beats Cayuga (after losing to Alto) by 2 or less, or a loss by grapeland.

Grapeland is in if Cayuga loses to Alto, they win out and beat Cayuga by more than 2, or win 2 and Carlise lose 1.

--------------------

--------------------

Mark D. Jackson

SFA Alumni

Kilgore Jr. College Alumni

Mt. Enterprise ISD Alumni

Life's School of Hard Knocks

Cushing BearKat Booster

"Do the very best with what you have, and do it right now." Dr. George Washington Carver

You are right action10. We just need to play out the last two weeks and see what happens. The only thing for certain way up north here is that Tenaha is in. Nobody else has locked in yet.

Thanks....the new weightroom sure didn't hurt us any...lol...

How long has it been fan?

You are right action10. We just need to play out the last two weeks and see what happens. The only thing for certain way up north here is that Tenaha is in. Nobody else has locked in yet.

Good luck to ya'll Action 10.

Joaquin and Carlisle is a good matchup, both are smash mouth defense minded running teams. Of course, both teams have to take care of business the next two weeks to get there. We should know the DII matchups this week. I'm hoping to see Tenaha vs. Alto, because both are loaded with speed, play hard nosed, disciplined defense, and run the spread as good as anyone. Cayuga vs. Mt. Enterprise matches up the two best 1A backs in the state, along with their great teams. No matter what happens, three good football teams are going home in the first round.

As tough as these scenarios would be I am excited at the possibility of seeing them.

What does Lovelady look like? I know they're very good, but what style team are they. Loaded with speed like Alto, power running game like Yuga? Not trying to get ahead of things, just curious about the #1 team in the state.

Joaquin played them in pre-season in 07, and 08 beat them both times. They were a power style team that Joaquin matches up best with back then that i assume still are that same style. Also, congrats to Colmesneil on getting in, i know how it feels to be out of the big party for a while.

true. whoever makes it though will definantly be battle tested. There r very few easy games in this region in DII

Lovelady has alot of size this year, good speed in the backfield and a good arm at quarterback. Also has maybe the best kicking game in 1A. Very good overall. will be a force in the playoffs.

It is such a shame region 3 has to knock so many good teams out early.