Turf fields

RideUmRough07

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God, they have field turf there now. I played several games there during my HS career at Dalhart and it was a sloppy mess any time it rained. Their locker room is up on the top edge of the stadium, so trying to climb back up to the top after your covered in mud has hazardous.

Yea it was not the greatest. It was like playing on asphalt. When did ya play at Dalhart? My Uncle was a coach up there and my cousin was a pretty good player for Dalhart.

I chuckle when I see Panhandle folks talking about muddy fields. First you have to have rain. If you happen to get a 1/4 of an inch the blue norther will dry it out in 24 hrs.

Now getting grass to grow might be a challenge in a land where water is more valuable than oil.

We got 2 inches last night. More today. Finally saw the sun late this afternoon. We get more rain in Canadian than you might think but at least we don't have your East Texas humidity.

I've seen several games in the last few weeks moved to nearby stadiums that have turf because their natural grass was a mud bowl. If you cough up the dough to get turf.....lightening is the only thing that can stop you from playing. Plus.....it looks ten times better than natural grass.