How Big is he?

slinky16

Maybe 110-120

I know he is at least 130, my wife killed a buck last year that was 124 it was an 8 that wasn't quite as wide but had a little more mass. I dont know I guess the only way to know would be to put a Striker G5 through his heart and measure them bones while I enjoy chewing on his back.

He appears to score about 125" and is 3.5 years old, use his ear as a rule it should be about 6" long. Attached is a picture of a 140" buck 4.5 to 5.5 year sold ( note the pot gut)that I got last year. I have both sheds and have measured them so I sure what he scored.

deer_2_054.JPG

I agree, you might get 130 out of him. He is about 18 inches wide which is good. If your desperate you shoot him (that is...if you haven't killed many deer). If your patient you let him grow another year (hopefully you have a place big enough to keep him alive. I do think he is a young 3 year old. He doesn't have much sway and his sticks still have some growth in them. Start feeding that sucker some heavy protein. And a source of Calcium. And you may get you a 40 class or more. I don't think he would score that well at this point. Give it time! The 2nd pic and the last can tell you alot. There may be a more dominate buck in the woods.

-out

Yeah I didnt think he looked very old. I think he definately has some growing to do. Would love for him to spread some of his genes for sure.

It's nice to know those types of genes exist in the herd though. There probably is a better buck that you haven't gotten pictures of. Just have to be in the right place at the right time. That right time will be the 14th through the 17th and maybe the 18th.

Well if your smart let walk till next season he still has growth left in him cause he isn't that old, and please guys, my best friend kill a ten point 22 inches wide and tall as anything, way bigger than him and it made the boone and crockett with a 175 and 3/8. There's no way he is 135-145 120 is about right. Don't get me wrong though he is a nice deer

He is a 3.5 year old that will gross score 121. Not 18 inches wide but about 15. Beams are going to be about 19. Definitely needs a couple of more years, but if you hunt a 50 acre lease, then you better shoot him.

I would agree with your score. But he ain't 15 inches. He's got at least 2 inches outside the ears on both sides. I bet he goes 17 - 18 inches. (just look at the picture with a good view from the back. He does need a couple of years to grow. But if you are surrounded by hunters, you might harvest him, there are some antler crazed folks out there. I'm one of them, I'd take him cause im hunting 2 places of about 10 acres a pop. Can't shoot any doe until doe weekend. And for some odd reason them jokers disappear. I don't know about you but I need some meat. I might let him walk if there is some spikes around the place. Can't eat the horns.

I would agree with your score. But he ain't 15 inches. He's got at least 2 inches outside the ears on both sides. I bet he goes 17 - 18 inches. (just look at the picture with a good view from the back. He does need a couple of years to grow. But if you are surrounded by hunters, you might harvest him, there are some antler crazed folks out there. I'm one of them, I'd take him cause im hunting 2 places of about 10 acres a pop. Can't shoot any doe until doe weekend. And for some odd reason them jokers disappear. I don't know about you but I need some meat. I might let him walk if there is some spikes around the place. Can't eat the horns.

You Might? Come on now you would...... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Captain, I will have to disagree with you. There is no way that deer is 17-18 inches wide. The average ear tip spread is 14-15 inches, and if you will look at the picture where is head is turned away, you will see that he is barely outside the ears. All deer look bigger when they are looking away from you. Most deer that are even 16 inches wide are mistaken for 20 inchers. I would bet a $100 bill that he is closer to 15 inches than he is to 17.

Captain, I will have to disagree with you. There is no way that deer is 17-18 inches wide. The average ear tip spread is 14-15 inches, and if you will look at the picture where is head is turned away, you will see that he is barely outside the ears. All deer look bigger when they are looking away from you. Most deer that are even 16 inches wide are mistaken for 20 inchers. I would bet a $100 bill that he is closer to 15 inches than he is to 17.

You are probably right for your part of the country where the red necks from Cayuga, Cross Roads, Shady Oaks and the like kill 'em young. LOL