How Big is he?

slinky16

You are probably right for your part of the country where the red necks from Cayuga, Cross Roads, Shady Oaks and the like kill 'em young. LOL

Yeah, you're right! That's why I'm so good at scoring, you have to know what they are when the spotlight hits em!! LOL and really just kidding.

On another note, you sound like you're pretty familiar with this part of the country, got a little redneck in you, too?

Yeah, you're right! That's why I'm so good at scoring, you have to know what they are when the spotlight hits em!! LOL and really just kidding.

On another note, you sound like you're pretty familiar with this part of the country, got a little redneck in you, too?

Yeah, I lived in Shady Oaks back in the early to late '80's and hunted all around that area. Had a lease for a long time on the Trinity and fished and duck hunted a lot. I miss it a lot. Was some good times.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, didnt get him, and neither did anyone else. Got a picture of him two weeks ago, and in my lease, nobody hunts other than me and a couple of others past Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully can ground check him next year.

If he makes it till next year, you're gonna have a heck of a buck. Maybe he's fixed up several of your does! :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

This buck has shown up in the exact spot as the ten point at the start of this thread obviously a year later. He no doubt is heavier, wider. Could he be the same buck. I wasnt sure if they lose points from year to year if they aren't real old. What are yalls thoughts on him, score?

37212_479073420066_573265066_7209282_6919748_n.jpg

46980_479073440066_573265066_7209283_7872810_n.jpg

There are a lot of 17 inch spread whitetails roaming around. True twenty-inch+ spread bucks are few and far between. That deer isn't close to 20 inches and I seriously doubt will ever be because of genetics. You really need to get a good look at what a real 20 inch buck really looks like for comparison.

• 3 weeks later...