41 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Eustace
    • Van

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they were scared of Van's # 3 last season on the kickoff return team, that is why they pulled their players. Prosper was also scared of #3, he was a beast!

i think i remember seeing that kid play.. he was a beast

I heard they were scared of Van's # 3 last season on the kickoff return team, that is why they pulled their players. Prosper was also scared of #3, he was a beast!

i think i remember seeing that kid play.. he was a beast

Hands down? Vision the Wills Point Tigers with their hands on the gold ball that says "District Champions". Wills point has held every team below their offensive average point totals. You just don't like Wills Point.

WP does have a good defense but its their offense that helps them out in a big way! Van hasnt had that most of the season its their defense that has had to carry them through most of these district games, but i think there offense might finally have found itself again with a awesome showing last week but its too early to tell because cantons defense has been poor all season long. Good Luck in the Playoffs WP represent 14AAA well..

I think you may be giving Farmersville a little too much credit. I dont know though, they ARE in a powerhouse district like Van and Eustace. If Van keeps making improvements to their offense, I like their chances against Farmersville, because their defense is good enough to keep them in the game. It looks like PG is a better 2nd round opponent than Pitt. I really dont think either of these coaching staffs would throw a game to get a better playoff opponent, but you never know. I bet Eustace will come out fired up after getting their tail kicked by Van in the finale last year.

I like the Farmers chances against either of these teams. But I think Van will handle their business Friday night and it will be Eustace vs Farmersville.

a loss = Farmersville. That will probably be one and done for either Van or Eustace. Therefore they need to win this game. A loss will not be a win as for as playoff seedings this time.

Eustace will give Farmersville a game and i dont think the farmers want any of Van.

Hands down? Vision the Wills Point Tigers with their hands on the gold ball that says "District Champions". Wills point has held every team below their offensive average point totals. You just don't like Wills Point.

I don't care one way or another what happens in wp, yes wp beat van but a healthy van would have beaten wp. none of that matters but IN MY OPINION VAN HAS THE BEST DEFENSE.

WP is a balanced offense though. How many pass attempts does Eustace average a game? That could be their downfall. Van's defensive line is very good, as are their linebackers. If I recall correctly, Eustace came into this game last year thinking they had a chance too, and we saw how that worked out for them. If I were you, I would be more worried about practice and preparing for the game than posting on the internet.

WP has a good O and a good D and deserved to win, they were the better team that night. But seriously Eustace would have to win state 10 years in a row and walk on water to and from the field before most of y'all would give them any respect, I just dont get it. This is a team that almost everyone picked to be one of the two bottom teams in the district, Oh well still going to the playoffs again. No one could have beaten Van in that game last year. Last game in the old stadium with every living head coach there last years patriots would have had a tough game there.

I will back the Dogs again 28-21 van can stop some of the run but not all and Eustace can throw if they need to, Its gonna depend on the eustace D, they have progressed quite a bit but still need to get better.

And OBeast how dare you post on the internet, get your flashlight and go practice, you dont get down time and according to this guy you dont have the right to utilize the internet, so get cracking lazy dog.

WP has a good O and a good D and deserved to win, they were the better team that night. But seriously Eustace would have to win state 10 years in a row and walk on water to and from the field before most of y'all would give them any respect, I just dont get it. This is a team that almost everyone picked to be one of the two bottom teams in the district, Oh well still going to the playoffs again. No one could have beaten Van in that game last year. Last game in the old stadium with every living head coach there last years patriots would have had a tough game there.

I will back the Dogs again 28-21 van can stop some of the run but not all and Eustace can throw if they need to, Its gonna depend on the eustace D, they have progressed quite a bit but still need to get better.

And OBeast how dare you post on the internet, get your flashlight and go practice, you dont get down time and according to this guy you dont have the right to utilize the internet, so get cracking lazy dog.

Well paladin, i am fully aloud all of the internet access i please. And why not post if i have no class to pay attention to or no practice to participate in? It's not like I post while i practice. But still, if you wish me not to post, then i won't. This will be the last post (for this week anyway :l ) that I put on here. I will see some of yall later (especially you Ronnie).

I love my Bulldogs, but as always, if things don't start shaping up on the defensive side of the ball its gonna be a short post season regardless of the outcome Friday night! I'm not sayin onje and done for sure, but no more that 2 games deep if it doesn't change.

As for the Friday night prediction... I think Eustace has it in them to win it, but it will be all about execution and whether or no they get the job done defensively. I don't think Van will hold for a shut out.

If its turns into an Offensive shootout, they will win. Guess we will have to see.

I'm gonna say Eustace by 7

GO DAWGS!

Van has an amazing defensive line. Any team that thinks they can get away with just running the ball is crazy. The Van offense is starting to click with Hughes at qb and parsons out wide. I got van 28-14 in this one. By the way the #17 on vans defense that scared yall to sit your starters last year is gone, but the new #17 is a beast as well...and as for vans #3 last year, watch out for that beast from Prosper he might come to ETBU and knock you off the baseball field haha

I think you may be giving Farmersville a little too much credit. I dont know though, they ARE in a powerhouse district like Van and Eustace. If Van keeps making improvements to their offense, I like their chances against Farmersville, because their defense is good enough to keep them in the game. It looks like PG is a better 2nd round opponent than Pitt. I really dont think either of these coaching staffs would throw a game to get a better playoff opponent, but you never know. I bet Eustace will come out fired up after getting their tail kicked by Van in the finale last year.

I agree, Farmersville district is as weak or weaker than 14AAA. I would take Van in that matchup even without their stud QB, as their defense looks real salty right now. Neither is on the same level as Pitt or PG.

I agree, Farmersville district is as weak or weaker than 14AAA. I would take Van in that matchup even without their stud QB, as their defense looks real salty right now. Neither is on the same level as Pitt or PG.

How much have you watched 13-3A? I wouldn't be surprised to see a 13-3A sweep of 14-3A in the first round. But then again I also wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep the other way.....

I'd Like to hear from Canton or WillsPoint who they think will take this one since they have good insight having played both teams. Im gonna take Van 42-14

The Van kids made a believer of me, are u kidding me, their defense is the real deal, and yeah their offense has struggled this year, but a game against Canton and their awesome defensive scheme, cough, cough was just what the doctor ordered. Van has an awesome defense, and their offense all of a sudden has confidence. Van wins this one big.

How much have you watched 13-3A? I wouldn't be surprised to see a 13-3A sweep of 14-3A in the first round. But then again I also wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep the other way.....

Lovejoy was clearly overrated going in, Community, Ford, Rains, etc..... Be honest. 14AAA has Wills Point and maybe Van. Neither districts are very strong this year top to bottom.

The Farmers better hope that it's Eustace, becuz they wont hang with Van.

If it's not Eustace then it would appear Van could not "HANG" with Eustace. And the Farmers lost to Wills Point by 7 and Van lost to Wills Point by 13. Do I have to draw you a picture?

Besides, Farmersville has "HUNG" with better teams this season! Just FYI!

Van wins here.

For either team, the playoff road is equally hard, no matter which way you go. First round, Nevada Community and Farmersville. Pick and chose.

Second Round, PG or Pittsburg. Either one will be tough.

From there, whoever moves on will probably face Argyle and Celina!

VERY tough row to hoe in Region 2.

Lovejoy was clearly overrated going in, Community, Ford, Rains, etc..... Be honest. 14AAA has Wills Point and maybe Van. Neither districts are very strong this year top to bottom.

Lovejoy was "CLEARLY" overrated? Really? Based on what? They have only been beaten by one team. That was the Farmers on a night when the Farmers played their best game of the season in the mud. I believe Lovejoy is quite a bit better than both Van And Wills Point. Next week will tell the whole story though. At the very least I expect 13-3A to win 2 of the 3 games against 14-3A. Compared to the top districts in the state neither one of these would be strong but compared to the average district both could compete.

This is why we play the games! Pick your team, strap it on, and let's get to steppin'.

Van wins tonight - and I pick 'em to win their first playoff game as well. Beyond that, who knows? The defense is gonna keep any game close.

Go ahead and flap your gums about how weak 14-3A is if you want but don't forget D14 went deeper than D13 & D16 last year with Van having impressive beat downs of both Lovejoy & Pitt. Not saying a D14 team will do it again this year but to dismiss 14-3A as weak is foolish.

There is no question that 14-3A and 13-3A are weak compared to some of the top districts. But I wouldn't consider either one weak when compared to the average 3A district in the state. I think both these districts can compete.