Cowboys vs Eagles

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if they follow this up with a win in green bay next week then it will be a nice stretch of wins for the boys, but it'll be another tough test in green bay next week

I actually think they'll take care of GB - as long as that pass rush does their job against a Packer line that has given up 30+ sacks so far this year. But...any given Sunday...

defense played well...alot of calls that could have gone either way...didn't go dallas' way tonight with the refs...the spots on the 3rd and 4th downs though were dead on so i commend the officials in that aspect...philly didn't play particularly well tonight...mcnabb was off target a little bit, gunning some passes in the dirt like he is known to do at times...and recievers dropping ####...but dallas still played well. they didn't let philly get the big plays...kept maclin and jackson in check. that's huge.

ware should have 2 or so sacks next week...green bays o line is week, but the packers are still very dangerous. they have a ton of weapons...they just aren't good at the place where it all starts (up front). still think jones is underused and even when he is in, not used correctly...i don't like running him between the tackles at all...stretch him out, get him to the sideline...sometimes it doesn't matter if the defense knows you are gonna do it if they can't stop it...he gets 7.5 ypc...and most of those come from him hitting that sideline! i did like that they came out with something a little different running the wildcat, and i like that they only used it in a couple of series...nothing wrong with trying it, but to have the knowledge that it's not who you are is very wise.

GB will be desperate next week after losing to Tampa they are in a must win to maintain playoff hopes

So as usual the Boys will get someones best game

I am sure the Pack will play like this is a playoff game for them

A win here by the Pokes and they are 7-2 and with the skins and raiders coming 9-2 after thanksgiving?

That sure did not seem possible a few weeks ago

But who knows it is a week to week league

defense played well...alot of calls that could have gone either way...didn't go dallas' way tonight with the refs...the spots on the 3rd and 4th downs though were dead on so i commend the officials in that aspect...philly didn't play particularly well tonight...mcnabb was off target a little bit, gunning some passes in the dirt like he is known to do at times...and recievers dropping ####...but dallas still played well. they didn't let philly get the big plays...kept maclin and jackson in check. that's huge.

ware should have 2 or so sacks next week...green bays o line is week, but the packers are still very dangerous. they have a ton of weapons...they just aren't good at the place where it all starts (up front). still think jones is underused and even when he is in, not used correctly...i don't like running him between the tackles at all...stretch him out, get him to the sideline...sometimes it doesn't matter if the defense knows you are gonna do it if they can't stop it...he gets 7.5 ypc...and most of those come from him hitting that sideline! i did like that they came out with something a little different running the wildcat, and i like that they only used it in a couple of series...nothing wrong with trying it, but to have the knowledge that it's not who you are is very wise.

I agree about them not using Jones properly. Makes no sense really to run him between the tackles all the time. That's not his game. I also think them putting Choice back there in the Wildcat was crazy when you have Jones sitting there on the sideline. Made no sense to me at all, but that is Garrett for ya.

Guest imyahuckleberry

^ I can see your poiint on Jones being in the Wildcat but Choice did score out of it and I believe got a first down the other time. correct me if I'm wrong

I agree about them not using Jones properly. Makes no sense really to run him between the tackles all the time. That's not his game. I also think them putting Choice back there in the Wildcat was crazy when you have Jones sitting there on the sideline. Made no sense to me at all, but that is Garrett for ya.

I for one like seeing Tashard in there running the ball. It's gonna be hard to get all three backs lots of carries each game. I'm sure we'll see Felix running the Wildcat some also.

One thing to understand about running the ball. Felix's strength is slipping tackles. His quickness allows him to hit the small creases in the line and bust to open area because linebackers are up tight or covering receivers. This is the same thing that allowed Tony Dorsett and Emmit Smith to have big games.

Jones is not 100%

if this be the case, then i say they are using him better than i thought they were...kickoffs and 5-8 carries...at 100% he should return kicks and 12-15 carries with barber 15-18 carries. i hate to say this but there just isn't much room for choice...he is sooo productive, but think if his carries went to a fully healthy felix jones.

if this be the case, then i say they are using him better than i thought they were...kickoffs and 5-8 carries...at 100% he should return kicks and 12-15 carries with barber 15-18 carries. i hate to say this but there just isn't much room for choice...he is sooo productive, but think if his carries went to a fully healthy felix jones.

Believe me I understand the potential that your talking about. At least for now I would not want to risk Felix pressing and getting hurt again. We have a very good back in Tashard. We must find a way to utilize him as well. One more upside to using all of them lessens the load on any one back and keeps them fresher for the long season and playoffs.

Believe me I understand the potential that your talking about. At least for now I would not want to risk Felix pressing and getting hurt again. We have a very good back in Tashard. We must find a way to utilize him as well. One more upside to using all of them lessens the load on any one back and keeps them fresher for the long season and playoffs.

i really doubt they do this sort of thing in the NFL, but perhaps jason garrett is keeping guys like jones and martellus bennett under wraps momentarily for a big game...dallas has a wonderful chance to make the playoffs and maybe when they do, jones and bennett become killers to the opposing defense.

oh...and who else is glad that ogletree is getting the handoff on reverses instead of watching craytons 4.6 speed get ate up?! i know i am..

i really doubt they do this sort of thing in the NFL, but perhaps jason garrett is keeping guys like jones and martellus bennett under wraps momentarily for a big game...dallas has a wonderful chance to make the playoffs and maybe when they do, jones and bennett become killers to the opposing defense.

oh...and who else is glad that ogletree is getting the handoff on reverses instead of watching craytons 4.6 speed get ate up?! i know i am..

Dallas has started to do more with Jones and moving him around for catches, like the big one against Seattle last week. I didn't see it as much against the Eagles, but they may have needed him to block more.

As for Bennett, Dallas has used him regularly and almost non-stop due to how much they use 2-TE sets. He run blocks, pass blocks, and gets a few short passes. Dallas moves Bennett and Witten around quite a bit, sometimes out wide, together on an unbalanced line, or in slot. They get big runs out of this. They only place they haven't been using Bennett is back at F-Back, because John Phillips has sunk his teeth into that role.

I can't recall a reverse that's been eaten up that Crayton has run, except for one last week where he bobbled the toss.

You hear coaches talk about using players too much during the season. Yes it is done in the NFL. Some coaches do limit the carries their backs get. Yes sometimes they stray away from their plans. So do you think Barber would have been more effective late in the season if he had not gotten all the carries last year? Injuries aside. I do however, believe some backs get a better feel for the game when they are in there longer and some are more likely to play better.

I for one can't remember bad plays for Crayton on reverses. He does tend to take the out of bounds route to avoid a hit. Lots of receivers do that. I don't like it. The problem I've seen with our reverses is the defense getting through too much. But, yes Ogletree has shown some spark.