All Big 12?

WETSU

I don't think UT was holding anything back against OU. I thought it was two of the nation's best defenses getting after each other in a huge rivalry game. Mack was specifically speaking about the OSU game.

O ok. That makes since...After all. everyone holds back when they are killing someone lol.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During to OSU game, the announcers threw out a stat that i found very interesting.

and i dont remember it exactly but a stat it a stat and you can't argue with numbers.

it read something like McCoy 37% (it might have been like 32.7% i dont remember) completion of passes beyond 10 yards.

Ive heard that too.. Sounds like forcing down and distance might be the only way to beat Texas...Problem is when you hold them down on offense they will score on special teams and defense lol. I still have doubts about their offense but their defense and special teams are dang good. A smart turnover free team who can cover punts should be ok though...

Shermans job has NEVER been on the line this season or last. The A&M faithful know this is going to take time and i believe he is on the right track. The recruits coming in have already showed to be good and the class coming in next season is loaded with oline and LB prospects, the two areas most needed. He will have the aggies back in the big 12 south contention in a year or two just watch.

And what makes Texas think they are among the Nations elite with just one conference title in the last 15 years...

I know Texas is one of the elite programs in the country and have no problem admitting it. But i mean Texas fans always make A&M out to be the worst team in the big 12 but have more losses to them in the last 25 years than any other team in the counrty. So get real man... A&M is coming off a 4-8 season but its not like they are school of the blind potential

winningest team in the nation for the past decade...and the Aggies are the....uhh....uhhh...track and field

winningest team in the nation for the past decade...and the Aggies are the....uhh....uhhh...track and field

No lip from me saying texas is not a great program...But to say they are great and A&M is pathetic is just a blind statement from a biased fan. They have the same number of big 12 titles. You cannot be SO MUCH BETTER than a team when you have the same number of conference titles since the joinging the big 12 and when you have dropped 2 of the last 3 to them. Now when it comes to a national scene Texas is in the top 5 with OU USC Ohio st and a tei between LSU and Florida. No doubt about it...But that does not make A&M a bad team. I dont understand why lots of Texas fans think just because the aggies are not in the National title hunt they are some horrible team not worth playing on the same field as Texas.

I don't think they are bad. I think they made a bad decision in hiring coaches a few years back: Franchione in football and Billy Gillispie in basketball. Both coaches embarassed the programs and stabbed the university in the back. UT vs. A&M is a rivalry game which can bring out the best in the underdog. If UT takes them lightly, A&M could get into a rhythm that the Longhorns might not be able to stop. However, if UT stays focused and gets up for the game, I don't think the Aggies can stay with them for four quarters. All schools seem to go through rough patches. I remember when we had to basically cheat to beat North Texas.

By the way whatever happened to Jorvorskie Lane? I seem to remember Aggie faithful talking about him being the next Earl Campbell in the NFL.

I don't think they are bad. I think they made a bad decision in hiring coaches a few years back: Franchione in football and Billy Gillispie in basketball. Both coaches embarassed the programs and stabbed the university in the back. UT vs. A&M is a rivalry game which can bring out the best in the underdog. If UT takes them lightly, A&M could get into a rhythm that the Longhorns might not be able to stop. However, if UT stays focused and gets up for the game, I don't think the Aggies can stay with them for four quarters. All schools seem to go through rough patches. I remember when we had to basically cheat to beat North Texas.

By the way whatever happened to Jorvorskie Lane? I seem to remember Aggie faithful talking about him being the next Earl Campbell in the NFL.

I was a student at UT-Austin when we barely beat North Texas on a controversial touchdown pass in the south end zone. Was the receiver Bill Boy Bryant?

I suffered through the dark ages at UT. My freshmen year we started the season ranked number one. We tied OU and went downhill from there. We also stunk in basketball. The womens sports and swimming was the only thing going at the time.

My daughter will be there next year as a freshmen. She is looking forward to some fruitful times in all sports.

I dont remember all that lol...I thought he was a tough runner but i figured him to be a DT in the NFL. He is a free agent as a fullback i think. Been on a practice squad or two... You have probably seen the last of him though.

I agree that Tulsa is no powerhouse this year, but they are 4-4 on the season with wins over the following: @ Tulane (37-13); @ New Mexico (44-10); Sam Houston State (56-3); @ Rice (27-10), and losses to OU (0-45); Boise State (21-28); @ UTEP (24-28); SMU (13-27).

Since UTEP won narrowly at home over Tulsa, it could be argued that the two teams are pretty comparable.

Landry Jones was 25-37 against Tulsa;

Colt McCoy was 28-35 against UTEP.

I don't see how you can say, "but half of them also came in one game against a weak tulsa game." without also taking note of some of the weak competition that Colt McCoy has faced, like UTEP.

I was at the UTEP/Texas game. Colt came in the second half for 2 drives. Gilbert finished out the 3rd qtr and played 5 minutes or so in the 4th. Then Sherrod Harris and Trevor Walker played the rest of the game.

Landry Jones stayed in the entire game against Tulsa, even after the game was in hand. You would've thought that the backup's backup would have gotten some snaps considering what Stoops should've learned, but it was important for Landry Jones to have gotten his 6th Touchdown pass in the 4th qtr. Stoops just can't help himself. BlackwellSooner you need to research your arguments more thoroughly before you just talk. I know we are comparing apples to oranges, but one man picked his load of oranges in a little more than half the time the other picked his load of apples.

I was at the UTEP/Texas game. Colt came in the second half for 2 drives. Gilbert finished out the 3rd qtr and played 5 minutes or so in the 4th. Then Sherrod Harris and Trevor Walker played the rest of the game.

Landry Jones stayed in the entire game against Tulsa, even after the game was in hand. You would've thought that the backup's backup would have gotten some snaps considering what Stoops should've learned, but it was important for Landry Jones to have gotten his 6th Touchdown pass in the 4th qtr. Stoops just can't help himself. BlackwellSooner you need to research your arguments more thoroughly before you just talk. I know we are comparing apples to oranges, but one man picked his load of oranges in a little more than half the time the other picked his load of apples.

First of all, my earlier post was for the purpose of voicing support for Landry Jones for Big 12 honors... note that I said that Colt very likely would get (and deserve) 1st team All-Big 12... I probably would not so readily concede that last point had not Bradford been lost for the season, but oh well, that's history.

I was making the point that LJ is having a heck of a freshman season and deserves mention, that's all.

As for your shot at Stoops, get serious. When you have a qb, thrown in the fire in his first season, he needs all the reps that he can get in preparation for the tougher (Texas) conference games. I have no doubt in my mind that were Mack Brown the head coach at OU that he would have done exactly the same thing.

You just love to take shots at Stoops any chance you get, don't you?

Enjoy your likely Big 12 championship this year, next year will be a different story.

First of all, my earlier post was for the purpose of voicing support for Landry Jones for Big 12 honors... note that I said that Colt very likely would get (and deserve) 1st team All-Big 12... I probably would not so readily concede that last point had not Bradford been lost for the season, but oh well, that's history.

I was making the point that LJ is having a heck of a freshman season and deserves mention, that's all.

As for your shot at Stoops, get serious. When you have a qb, thrown in the fire in his first season, he needs all the reps that he can get in preparation for the tougher (Texas) conference games. I have no doubt in my mind that were Mack Brown the head coach at OU that he would have done exactly the same thing.

You just love to take shots at Stoops any chance you get, don't you?

Enjoy your likely Big 12 championship this year, next year will be a different story.

Maybe I misunderstood something, but you were arguing with an AGGIE between whether Johnson or Jones deserved it. WETSU stated that half of Jones stats came in the Tulsa game and that's when you threw McCoy into the equation. What does he have to do with Johnson vs. Jones. My shot at Stoops is that even after what happened with Bradford he wasn't looking to prepare for another OOOOPs moment. Tulsa game in hand, Landry Jones throws his 6th TD pass in the 4th qtr. Let another guy get in there and get a little PT. See if they aren't going to be the next Joey Halzle or if they are actually going to be good on the field.

In reply to the Mack brown comment, John Chiles came into the game in the 4th qtr just about every game last year. With his voluntary switch to WR, and Harris' injuries, it put the QB depth in a bind. No redshirt for Gilbert and he has played when the game was in hand. Instead of Colt staying on the field throwing and padding stats, Gilbert was getting PT and good experience for his first season as starter next year. So no Mack Brown wouldn't have done everything Bob Stoops did. If Colt were to go down, Gilbert would play and if the game was in control, Sherrod Harris would come in for mop up duties.

Texas is a long way from the Big 12 Championship right now. Lots of football to be played. If they win it I will enjoy it. I don't think Next year will be any different.

Maybe I misunderstood something, but you were arguing with an AGGIE between whether Johnson or Jones deserved it. WETSU stated that half of Jones stats came in the Tulsa game and that's when you threw McCoy into the equation. What does he have to do with Johnson vs. Jones. My shot at Stoops is that even after what happened with Bradford he wasn't looking to prepare for another OOOOPs moment. Tulsa game in hand, Landry Jones throws his 6th TD pass in the 4th qtr. Let another guy get in there and get a little PT. See if they aren't going to be the next Joey Halzle or if they are actually going to be good on the field.

In reply to the Mack brown comment, John Chiles came into the game in the 4th qtr just about every game last year. With his voluntary switch to WR, and Harris' injuries, it put the QB depth in a bind. No redshirt for Gilbert and he has played when the game was in hand. Instead of Colt staying on the field throwing and padding stats, Gilbert was getting PT and good experience for his first season as starter next year. So no Mack Brown wouldn't have done everything Bob Stoops did. If Colt were to go down, Gilbert would play and if the game was in control, Sherrod Harris would come in for mop up duties.

Texas is a long way from the Big 12 Championship right now. Lots of football to be played. If they win it I will enjoy it. I don't think Next year will be any different.

WETSU SAID:

i agree there...Those stats are impressive. but half of them also came in one game against a weak tulsa game. They guy is good though and next season will be scary good...I wish he was a senior lol

And I said:

I agree that Tulsa is no powerhouse this year, but they are 4-4 on the season with wins over the following: @ Tulane (37-13); @ New Mexico (44-10); Sam Houston State (56-3); @ Rice (27-10), and losses to OU (0-45); Boise State (21-28); @ UTEP (24-28); SMU (13-27).

Since UTEP won narrowly at home over Tulsa, it could be argued that the two teams are pretty comparable.

Landry Jones was 25-37 against Tulsa;

Colt McCoy was 28-35 against UTEP.

I agree that WETSU was arguing about Johnson, and I wanted to get some props for Landry for post season honors. Since WETSU made the statement about Tulsa, it seemed appropriate to talk about what UT did against UTEP, since UTEP very close to equal to Tulsa, and who better to compare my quarterback to than the guy who is a Heisman candidate?

But I can see how you might have misunderstood me.

Tonight's game in Lincoln, NE, was an absolute embarrassment for the OU offense. The D played well enough to win, but the O stunk, no other way to say it. Missed field goals, dropped passes, and 5 interceptions by Landry Jones.

I freely admit that my optimism in young Mr. Jones may have been misplaced. I know that he is a freshman, but tonight was BAD.

Go ahead, pile on all you like...

Tonight's game in Lincoln, NE, was an absolute embarrassment for the OU offense. The D played well enough to win, but the O stunk, no other way to say it. Missed field goals, dropped passes, and 5 interceptions by Landry Jones.

I freely admit that my optimism in young Mr. Jones may have been misplaced. I know that he is a freshman, but tonight was BAD.

I have nothing to say...Lincoln is a tough place to play. Nebraskas defense is legit as well. IF they had any kind of offense they would be a real threat coming out of the north. Jones will be ok.

Don't feel bad. Landry will be your starting QB next year, too. The problem OU had tonight was a weak O-line against a tough front 4 for Nebraska that was getting lots of pressure on the QB.

Jones has looked really well at times this year. Tonight he played like poop. OU's defense is still one of the best in the nation.

I can honestly say that I am embarrassed to be an Oklahoma fan after this game. I have not been so :censored: off since Oklahoma lost to Boise State. The Offensive Line played TERRIBLE!!!. How can you expect Jones to make a throw when he has half of a second before the pass rush gets there!

I can honestly say that I am embarrassed to be an Oklahoma fan after this game. I have not been so :censored: off since Oklahoma lost to Boise State. The Offensive Line played TERRIBLE!!!. How can you expect Jones to make a throw when he has half of a second before the pass rush gets there!

Sorry, I can't agree. My team is my team whether they play well or whether they play like c r ap like tonight. The Nebraska D line played great tonight, and deserve much credit for pressuring LJ... But even when Jones was not pressured, he was throwing HIGH!

Just a bad game... at least that is what I will tell myself. Rarely does one player lose a game by himself - there were a number of dropped passes by the receivers earlier that if held onto, might have given Landry a boost of confidence.

And had our field goal kicker been able to convert makeable opportunities, we win the game.

It's a team game, and the team lost tonight...

Sorry, I can't agree. My team is my team whether they play well or whether they play like c r ap like tonight. The Nebraska D line played great tonight, and deserve much credit for pressuring LJ... But even when Jones was not pressured, he was throwing HIGH!

Just a bad game... at least that is what I will tell myself. Rarely does one player lose a game by himself - there were a number of dropped passes by the receivers earlier that if held onto, might have given Landry a boost of confidence.

On the bright side, I can get free tickets from the Horseshoe for the Independence Bowl.

After reading all the post , here is what I have to say

Colt McCoy-should be All Big 12 QB

Jordan Shipley- Offensive player of the year

Earl Thomas - Defensive player of the year

Lamar Houston - All Big 12

Muckleroy- All Big 12

Here is a new name I have not seen mentioned

Curtis Brown - All Big 12 CB- He is the CB the Austin papers are all over and the coached have said is most improved DB on team, leads team in passes broken up and has become a shut down corner on the best team in conference

No piling on from me. The Husker D-Line headed up by Mr. Suh has a tendency to make QB's and offenses faulter. That guy is a dominating player. I watched part of the game, and he was doubled and triple teamed almost every play and still spent as much time in the backfield as the QB and RB's did.

Guest jeffjam
After reading all the post , here is what I have to say

Colt McCoy-should be All Big 12 QB

Jordan Shipley- Offensive player of the year

Earl Thomas - Defensive player of the year

Lamar Houston - All Big 12

Muckleroy- All Big 12

Here is a new name I have not seen mentioned

Curtis Brown - All Big 12 CB- He is the CB the Austin papers are all over and the coached have said is most improved DB on team, leads team in passes broken up and has become a shut down corner on the best team in conference

I think Colt is overrated. But I agree on Shipley. Without Shipley Colt wouldn't look half as good.