A open note of Thanks

action10

Date line, 11/06/09

Another regular season of High School football comes to a close tonight, and I am already starting to feel a slight sense of depression. Thank goodness for a few more weeks of playoff football. I have loved the game from the first time I strap-ed on pads some 38 years ago (6th grade back then) and my passion, love, interest, respect etc. for the game has only grown over the years. I know I enjoy High School football more than the professional game (free agency killed the pro game for me) and college is still fun, but a Texas football fan has got to love everything about late summer and early fall Friday nights in Texas. I can not think of any place I had rather be on a Friday night, than at a high school football stadium some where in Texas, Watching our young men play a game that requires/demands so much heart, commitment, effort and abuse to their bodies. Football, perhaps more than any other sport, demands/requires a tremendous amount of training and sacrifice from the young men that participate. Thank you players for your contribution to the game.

I would like to express a big heart felt Thank You to our home team and coaches, Thanks for your time, commitment and effort. And a Thank You to all the Players, Coaches, Cheerleaders, Bands and support personal through out East Texas for making this another enjoyable season.

I have had the privilege of watching more than a few games that demonstrated the reason I truly love the sport. Congratulation to all the respective teams that are advancing to the playoffs. I will look forward to attending as many games as possible.

Mark Jackson

Date line, 11/06/09

Another regular season of High School football comes to a close tonight, and I am already starting to feel a slight sense of depression. Thank goodness for a few more weeks of playoff football. I have loved the game from the first time I strap-ed on pads some 38 years ago (6th grade back then) and my passion, love, interest, respect etc. for the game has only grown over the years. I know I enjoy High School football more than the professional game (free agency killed the pro game for me) and college is still fun, but a Texas football fan has got to love everything about late summer and early fall Friday nights in Texas.

I would like to express a big heart felt Thank You to our home team and coaches, Thanks for your time, commitment and effort. And a Thank You to all the Players, Coaches, Cheerleaders, Bands and support personal through out East Texas for making this another enjoyable season.

I had the privilege of watching more than a few games that demonstrated the reason I truly love the sport. Congratulation to all the respective teams that are advancing to the playoffs. I will look forward to attending as many games as possible.

Mark Jackson

Great Post! I am in agreement whole heartedly. Thanks to the players, coaches, and all of the other people that support the great tradition of Texas High School Football, can't wait for the playoffs and next year!

I fully understand the depression. I just returned from Hallsville's Pep Rally for the game tonight against Sulphur with tears in my eyes. There are so many things that we wish for to happen so that we can enjoy them and once that moment has passed we are vulnerable. We often times wish our life away. We cannot wait for our kids to start walking and talking. Then we want them to be old enough to stay home by themselves so that we can do what we want to do. Then they are driving and going out on dates!! The next thing you know they are headed off to college!!!

The reason for the tears? My daughter is a senior and is a Bobcat Belle and will be performing for perhaps the last time tonight at a football game. Next year she will be at The University of Texas in Austin. She is excited. So remember tonight at the games to thank those kids for the entertainment that they have brought us this past season. Win or lose these kids are great. Let's be excited for them.

I fully understand the depression. I just returned from Hallsville's Pep Rally for the game tonight against Sulphur with tears in my eyes. There are so many things that we wish for to happen so that we can enjoy them and once that moment has passed we are vulnerable. We often times wish our life away. We cannot wait for our kids to start walking and talking. Then we want them to be old enough to stay home by themselves so that we can do what we want to do. Then they are driving and going out on dates!! The next thing you know they are headed off to college!!!

The reason for the tears? My daughter is a senior and is a Bobcat Belle and will be performing for perhaps the last time tonight at a football game. Next year she will be at The University of Texas in Austin. She is excited. So remember tonight at the games to thank those kids for the entertainment that they have brought us this past season. Win or lose these kids are great. Let's be excited for them.

Hookem, I fully understand, my son has one more year (missing tonight's game with injury). It seems it was just a few weeks ago that he started school for the first time. Gosh... as I grow older every year I understand more and more not to take even a day for granted, I hope I have taught my boys to appreciate and give thanks for every day and the gifts that they enjoy each day.

Enjoy the game tonight and the show that is a big part of the game.

Hookem, I fully understand, my son has one more year (missing tonight's game with injury). It seems it was just a few weeks ago that he started school for the first time. Gosh... as I grow older every year I understand more and more not to take even a day for granted, I hope I have taught my boys to appreciate and give thanks for every day and the gifts that they enjoy each day.

Enjoy the game tonight and the show that is a big part of the game.

Action, I knew Ray had seperated his shoulder and I guess I had assumed they popped it back in and everything was well I'm sorry to hear he is not back playing. And great post.

Guest surfsup

You guys have reminded me why I never want kids. I would be to selfish to give them up.

For the last 11 weeks I have watched you men and women from all over East Texas put hard work and dedication into providing us with what I consider to be the best entertainment in the world. If you are a true football fan, this is the best place to live. What I admire most about this game is the fact that the person on my left side may be on the city council, while the person on my right could have spent his last dollars to get into the game. My point is Friday nights bring the best out of everyone and unite our great communities. Republicans, Democrats, White, Black, Hispanic, we all come together for 3 hours and prove what is great about humanity.

For those of us who get to watch our teams into the second season it is always nice to know that we don't only stick together as communities, but East Texas as a whole supports their teams, and drives countless hours to watch teams where they have no dog in the fight. We do this for no other reason than we love ET, and we love our children.

To all the Seniors; good luck, and best wishes. I remember the last time I walked off of a pool deck in high school, and you will remember tonight as well. Absorb it, and give everything you've got.

I agree, would rather watch high school or college football over the pros, and enjoy being in the best state there is for high school football, going to make a lot of games in the next few weeks, to watch certain players and teams, can't wait.

Action, that was an excellent post. All too often the teams, coaches, staff, faculty, band, etc only ever hear about their mistakes. They need to hear such words of encouragement as often as possible. Great post Sir!!!!

Thanks Medman and everyone else that responed or read the responses and felt simuliar feelings. I knew there must be others out there that had simuliar feelings, or at least I hoped there were, and I was not wrong.

Lord it's great to be an American, Texan, a High School football fan and be able to share in the experience with others.

Agreed...with everything. Great Post!

JBizzle, I love how you've got the "Can you hear 'em a growlin'?!!" phrase on each post you make! I like how our announcer at the game does that while the Dawgs are getting ready to run out of the Bulldog head. It tickles me.

On Friday afternoons I text my brother-in-law and ask him "Can you hear 'em a growlin'?!!" I love it!

Date line, 11/06/09

Another regular season of High School football comes to a close tonight, and I am already starting to feel a slight sense of depression. Thank goodness for a few more weeks of playoff football. I have loved the game from the first time I strap-ed on pads some 38 years ago (6th grade back then) and my passion, love, interest, respect etc. for the game has only grown over the years. I know I enjoy High School football more than the professional game (free agency killed the pro game for me) and college is still fun, but a Texas football fan has got to love everything about late summer and early fall Friday nights in Texas. I can not think of any place I had rather be on a Friday night, than at a high school football stadium some where in Texas, Watching our young men play a game that requires/demands so much heart, commitment, effort and abuse to their bodies. Football, perhaps more than any other sport, demands/requires a tremendous amount of training and sacrifice from the young men that participate. Thank you players for your contribution to the game.

I have had the privilege of watching more than a few games that demonstrated the reason I truly love the sport. Congratulation to all the respective teams that are advancing to the playoffs. I will look forward to attending as many games as possible.

Mark Jackson

Excellent post!

Mark, This is really a great post, agree with everything! It really made me sad to see Ray standing on the sideline last night knowing how much he loves the game.

Thanks Kat77, Boog really missed being in the mix. He's ready to get back in the weight room and start prepairing for next season, working to get even bigger, faster and stronger.

Date line, 11/06/09

Mark Jackson

Ditto. Texas High School football is the most exhilarating sport one could experience! It brings out the very best in young men, parents, teachers and administrators, athletic and band boosters, as well as the community in general. Battle lines are drawn each week and we give our all in support of our respective teams. Good Luck to all the 16AAA post season representatives! Stay strong and stay healthy!