Gilmer 39 Tatum 20(Final)

Eagle8

I'm not really pickin at it......i usually don't bother with commenting on how the refs call a game....its a tough job....and the block could have been a clean one, didn't look like it from where i was sitting but ya know, coulda been legit. However that one down field where he spun our guy around a time or two...no matter where you're sittin.....that shoulda been called.

i don't want their job either, or at least on the football field.......i call baseball games and that is enough of a headache........just like one of the other posters mentioned, i was too busy watching the main hit back on the 45 yd line or so.....OUCH!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.....there isn't but 15-20 of us in the "Loud Crowd" but we can make some noise, lol. These kids are out there bustin their butts and we're gonna do everything we can to let them know that we're behind them no matter what happens. Most fans cheer on 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1......we'll go all out on from 1st and 10 all the way to 2nd and 30 as ya'll witnessed a time or 2 last night, lol.

Loud crowd is just that... LOUD...

Much better than those POS fans sitting by us... Pathetic.....I dont understand why people complain about Andy Evans.

E8, glad the offense is starting to grow on you.. Nice little wrinkle added last night but as soon as we went back to our wing t stuff started clicking...

Few stats on note...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Godfrey was 13 of 16... 201 yards

Other Godfrey had 122 yards on 6 catches.

Gilmers D had 13 tackles for loss.. #5 had six..

BJ Allen proved he was best RB in district... Lots of heart...

39 carries for 127 yards.

Tyler Centers had 89 yards on 8 carries

Woodard had 71 yards rushing on 24 carries...

Tatum had 365 total yards...

Keep in mine we called the game from our stands so it was hard for me to keep up like I usually do... SO more that likely Im off 5 yards either way.

And this is why I say Gilmer has the best defense in the state. We aren't the only team to outdo them on rushing and get beat. I don't know how many teams out there could have held a team like the Eagles to under 30 points with stats like that. Maybe Carthage. Crazy..

Loud crowd is just that... LOUD...

Much better than those POS fans sitting by us... Pathetic.....I dont understand why people complain about Andy Evans.

E8, glad the offense is starting to grow on you.. Nice little wrinkle added last night but as soon as we went back to our wing t stuff started clicking...

If they are complaining about Evans, they are idiots. We have a few of those in Daingerfield complaining about Coach Bowman. Hard to believe people will complain even after these coaches prove themselves by bringing home the hardware. These same people have probably never lifted a finger to actually support the program. Never worked a concession stand, never paid for an ad in a program, never announed a game, never contributed in any way. Just sit in the stands and complain. I wish they would just stay home, but its a free country and they have a right to be constantly miserable I suppose.

Wow! Tatum fans are acting like they won the super bowl. lol

Congrats to both teams and good luck in the playoffs. I'll be cheering for district 17aaa all the way.

i,m with you daniel....from reading this they won the game.....????????

I know what you mean about the halftime show. I use it as a chance to walk around and mingle with other buckeyes. One good thing about the playoffs is that you have to keep your halftime performance short and sweet.

Same rules apply for pre-play-off games to. If the time is run over then a penalty is suppose to be accessed of the football team whose performers ran over. But it was obvious this set of refs wanted to call some play-off games of a home team headed to state, and were reluctant to do anything to upset Traylor.

Offside's and holding the corner were frequent. The block in the back was obvious on film, there was a second one that was questionable; also there was a hold.

If they are complaining about Evans, they are idiots. We have a few of those in Daingerfield complaining about Coach Bowman. Hard to believe people will complain even after these coaches prove themselves by bringing home the hardware. These same people have probably never lifted a finger to actually support the program. Never worked a concession stand, never paid for an ad in a program, never announed a game, never contributed in any way. Just sit in the stands and complain. I wish they would just stay home, but its a free country and they have a right to be constantly miserable I suppose.

Franksnbeans ever once in a while you make a real good post. This is one of them. I thought it bore repeating. You might add to your list the people who don't know when to hollow. Have no rhyme or reason just hollow to call attention to themselves.

Franksnbeans ever once in a while you make a real good post. This is one of them. I thought it bore repeating. You might add to your list the people who don't know when to hollow. Have no rhyme or reason just hollow to call attention to themselves.

Thanks, I have my moments. The rest of the time I just shoot for average.

Same rules apply for pre-play-off games to. If the time is run over then a penalty is suppose to be accessed of the football team whose performers ran over. But it was obvious this set of refs wanted to call some play-off games of a home team headed to state, and were reluctant to do anything to upset Traylor.

Offside's and holding the corner were frequent. The block in the back was obvious on film, there was a second one that was questionable; also there was a hold.

No official is going to penalize a band for going over the time limit

No official is going to penalize a band for going over the time limit

Are you trying to be funny? He means the football team is supposed to be penalized, and I believe he is correct.

I agree... But something should of been done when one band was on the field 14 minutes and the other was on it for 28.

Yeah, 28 minutes after the time ran out....... lol

Are you trying to be funny? He means the football team is supposed to be penalized, and I believe he is correct.

Yeah, 28 minutes after the time ran out....... lol

In their defense,,,,, it "was" senior night. I regret that things went long at the half. It seems these days, everyone and their grandmother have to be introduced to the crowd. I know I personally do not go there to see all the band kids, cheerleaders, drill teams, or even the football kids parents. I go to watch a football game, and I enjoy watching the band, and the cheerleaders perform. I think they should all get their name mentioned when they are seniors. But I think we've stretched it out a bit much over the past few years. The poor football boys, have sat in there so long during the half time,, that they don't even have the proper time to get warmed up again, before they have to go banging heads. That's why you so often see them coming back out to the endzone while the bands are still playing. If each area of the game was given the proper amount of time, it would flow smoothly like it used to,, and we'd all get home long before 11:30 from most any away game.

Between all the hoopla surrounding all the pregame, during game, mid game, and post game these days,,, and the fact we have so many teams running the spread offense which stops the clock so often,,, these aren't games any more,, but more like marathons. It's not really that I'm complaining,,, just more or less putting things into perspective. I'll go and enjoy myself, even when it does run a little long. But you have to understand,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm gettin' old,, and I need my rest. LOLOL :w00t:

In their defense,,,,, it "was" senior night. I regret that things went long at the half. It seems these days, everyone and their grandmother have to be introduced to the crowd. I know I personally do not go there to see all the band kids, cheerleaders, drill teams, or even the football kids parents. I go to watch a football game, and I enjoy watching the band, and the cheerleaders perform. I think they should all get their name mentioned when they are seniors. But I think we've stretched it out a bit much over the past few years. The poor football boys, have sat in there so long during the half time,, that they don't even have the proper time to get warmed up again, before they have to go banging heads. That's why you so often see them coming back out to the endzone while the bands are still playing. If each area of the game was given the proper amount of time, it would flow smoothly like it used to,, and we'd all get home long before 11:30 from most any away game.

Between all the hoopla surrounding all the pregame, during game, mid game, and post game these days,,, and the fact we have so many teams running the spread offense which stops the clock so often,,, these aren't games any more,, but more like marathons. It's not really that I'm complaining,,, just more or less putting things into perspective. I'll go and enjoy myself, even when it does run a little long. But you have to understand,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm gettin' old,, and I need my rest. LOLOL :w00t:

If I remember correctly, Tatum announce the seniors before the game then at half-time, announced senior band and cheerleaders. Went smoothly and didn't run long at all. Here's you a funny story from last year. Last year in Gladewater, the Bears band was running long so they stopped the clock on 3:00.... they thought they were sneaky.... lol... it's funny now, but last year I was mad.... lol

If I remember correctly, Tatum announce the seniors before the game then at half-time, announced senior band and cheerleaders. Went smoothly and didn't run long at all. Here's you a funny story from last year. Last year in Gladewater, the Bears band was running long so they stopped the clock on 3:00.... they thought they were sneaky.... lol... it's funny now, but last year I was mad.... lol

I remember that.....clock stopped at straight up 3 mins.....chilled for a bit....then started ticking again and ended with just enough time for the G-water band to get off the field for the teams to run back on, lol.

Wow! Tatum fans are acting like they won the super bowl. lol

Congrats to both teams and good luck in the playoffs. I'll be cheering for district 17aaa all the way.

we didnt win! but we didnt get our "donkeys" whipped like you guys did. just think dl23 you get to watch girls hoops with no football distractions.

you should be happy to get to the hardwood