Uh yea, let's name Jerrod Johnson 1st team All-Big 12

For all the Aggies clamoring about Johnson's stats compared to McCoy and want him to be All-Conference. I said earlier let's let the season play out. Well, today against a bad Colorado team and the game on the line with A&M needing only a fg to win he throws a bad pick. Overall stats are 20 of 36 for 242 yds. with 1 TD and 1 INT with the game on the line. A very nice 6.7 yds per completion. So much for all that throwing down the field and criticizing McCoy for not. His stats today were 33 of 42 for 470 yds. with 2 TD and 1 int and a 11.2 yds per completion. You just don't lose by 50 to K-State and lose to Colorado by any margin and get named 1st team All-Conference.

For all the Aggies clamoring about Johnson's stats compared to McCoy and want him to be All-Conference. I said earlier let's let the season play out. Well, today against a bad Colorado team and the game on the line with A&M needing only a fg to win he throws a bad pick. Overall stats are 20 of 36 for 242 yds. with 1 TD and 1 INT with the game on the line. A very nice 6.7 yds per completion. So much for all that throwing down the field and criticizing McCoy for not. His stats today were 33 of 42 for 470 yds. with 2 TD and 1 int and a 11.2 yds per completion. You just don't lose by 50 to K-State and lose to Colorado by any margin and get named 1st team All-Conference.

Colt McCoy is the greatest QB in the land. Jerrod Johnson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as him. Happy now? Way to go big guy!

look at Colts stats against CU and tell me what you think... Ill give you a hint...

Colt against CU -265 yards 1 td 1 int

Johnson against CU 242 yards 1td 1int

Not too much better...Colts D and special teams bailed him out...

yea colts stats were huge today. Against UCF. When Johnson put up huge numbers against nobodys it was the fact they were weak. Why dont people just admit that Johnson is a good QB. Nobody doubts Colt. But if Johnson had that D his team would be just as good...Probably better. I take A&Ms offense over Texas this season anyday... The Defenses is what makes them two completely different teams.

I don't think anybody was trying to say the Johnson is better than McCoy. They were just saying no matter how McCoy plays he is going to win the 1st team spot.

Agreed...Just like the Heisman race. Colt and Tebow should not even be in top 3 with the way the Keenum, Ingram, and Moore have played. But one of them will win it...

I think that Mccoy just sowed up his Heisman trophy today.

look at Colts stats against CU and tell me what you think... Ill give you a hint...

yea colts stats were huge today. Against UCF. When Johnson put up huge numbers against nobodys it was the fact they were weak. Why dont people just admit that Johnson is a good QB. Nobody doubts Colt. But if Johnson had that D his team would be just as good...Probably better. I take A&Ms offense over Texas this season anyday... The Defenses is what makes them two completely different teams.

UCF has the top defense in their conference, and mccoy shredded it all day against a decent defense.

Yea, compare the Colorado games. The biggest difference is Colt's team won by 26 points as he managed the game well. Johnson's team lost as he threw his pick with the game on the line and a chance to win. You can have A&M's offense and see what happens when they play Texas. Texas leads the nation in scoring so I am not sure why you would want the aggies offense. Each to his own. If Johnson struggled against Colorado wait unitl he faces the Texas defense. I can't wait for Colt to face the A&M defense. Cheers!

I'm going to guess this is a post from a disgruntled Aggie that is upset his team just lost a game that they should have won. Otherwise, I think you have lost credibility. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being biased toward your team, but you're talking crazy now. That's like me saying I'll take UT's offense when Peter Gardere was QB over today's offense because he went 4-0 against Oklahoma.

By the way UCF is one of the top defenses against the rush, but they are terrible against the pass. That's why Colt threw for the yards he did. Look for Keenan from Houston to throw for more than Colt when the Cougars play UCF because that is what they do. I guess you can come back and compare the numbers with Colt after that game. :thumbdown:

Agreed...Just like the Heisman race. Colt and Tebow should not even be in top 3 with the way the Keenum, Ingram, and Moore have played. But one of them will win it...

I think that Mccoy just sowed up his Heisman trophy today.

Your passive-aggressiveness is getting tiresome. Man up and admit you hate the Longhorns and wish Colt would tear his ACL in practice this week. It would be nice for Colt to win the Heisman, but he hasn't earned it yet... if he continues to play the next 3-4 games like he has lately, he has a good shot. And this is how it works every year. There are always front runners from the previous year. Frankly I wish they would wait and vote until all the games were over. Texas would have one more Heisman trophy - Vince Young!

I don't think anybody was trying to say the Johnson is better than McCoy. They were just saying no matter how McCoy plays he is going to win the 1st team spot.

You've said Johnson was a better QB in another thread when you were crying about the heisman and 1st team All Big 12. Man up, you're boy Johnson choked and so did the team, again. Colt is BY FAR the top QB in the conference and quite possibly the country. Deal with it.

You've said Johnson was a better QB in another thread when you were crying about the heisman and 1st team All Big 12. Man up, you're boy Johnson choked and so did the team, again. Colt is BY FAR the top QB in the conference and quite possibly the country. Deal with it.

I don't recall saying anything of the sort.

Yea, compare the Colorado games. The biggest difference is Colt's team won by 26 points as he managed the game well. Johnson's team lost as he threw his pick with the game on the line and a chance to win. You can have A&M's offense and see what happens when they play Texas. Texas leads the nation in scoring so I am not sure why you would want the aggies offense. Each to his own. If Johnson struggled against Colorado wait unitl he faces the Texas defense. I can't wait for Colt to face the A&M defense. Cheers!

Like ive said all season...I would like to see what Texas Offense could do against Texas Defense. They would end up just like everyone else. The Texas D is amazing this season. As for the leading scoring team in the nation...They average over 10 points a game this season off defensive and special teams touchdowns. Thats why the scoring offense is so high. They are only averaging 5 more points a game than A&M and A&M has crappy special teams and defense. A&M is the only team in the top 25 nationaly in yards per game, points per game, passing yards per game, and rushing yards per game. Since they are the ONLY team in the country with those stats id say their offense is fairly good. Defense is a whole different story.

To you Lhornfan... Your post is simply wrong about me. I think Texas is playing like the best team in the country. I think Colt is very good but so far this season does not deserve the hype he has gotten and you admit to that. They only thing i have said against him is that i think his teams record is the only reason he is in the talk for Heisman...He is a very good QB. Texas is a great team right now. I am an aggie fan but i am not foolish enough to admit that Texas and mccoy are not doing excellent this season. I simply have defended my case that Johnson and the Aggies are not a scrub team. Even with this loss i still think they are a solid team this season. They are young...It happens. I dont want you to get things twisted. I give respect where credit is due but when others decide to let their follishness get the better of them i will defend my thoughts and the team i support,TAMU. I will continue to say that Johnson is underratted and that the Aggies are getting better. You cannot expect things to change in one season with all those freshman and sophmores playing...But for Texas fans who want to act like A&M is the worst team to ever play in the big 12 i have to just point out the stat books and trophy rooms of the two throughout the last few years and with the exception of 05 they are very much alike...One big12 title apeice. A&M 2 of the last 3. IF they are the scrubs people think than how is this possible?

I did not say anything like that. I just looked through the whole thread. The only post that I put in that thread is on the top of page 2, and all I said was that Ryan Broyles #85 from Oklahoma should be 1st team Big 12 and a few of the defensive lineman from Oklahoma might be.

Get your facts right before you call me out.

But for Texas fans who want to act like A&M is the worst team to ever play in the big 12 i have to just point out the stat books and trophy rooms of the two throughout the last few years and with the exception of 05 they are very much alike...One big12 title apeice. A&M 2 of the last 3. IF they are the scrubs people think than how is this possible?

You might want to do a little more research.

And let's look at the big picture regarding the BIG XII.

Overall Record

UT 85-24 regular season BIG XII games (2-2 BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP)

A&M 60-52 regular season BIG XII games (1-1 BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP)

Last 5 Years

UT 31-6 regular season BIG XII games (1-0 BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP)

A&M 16-21 regualr season BIG XII games

This Year

UT 5-0

A&M 2-3

A piece of irony - the A&M special teams you bad mouth had a 90+ kickoff return for a TD today.

Like ive said all season...I would like to see what Texas Offense could do against Texas Defense. They would end up just like everyone else. The Texas D is amazing this season. As for the leading scoring team in the nation...They average over 10 points a game this season off defensive and special teams touchdowns. Thats why the scoring offense is so high. They are only averaging 5 more points a game than A&M and A&M has crappy special teams and defense. A&M is the only team in the top 25 nationaly in yards per game, points per game, passing yards per game, and rushing yards per game. Since they are the ONLY team in the country with those stats id say their offense is fairly good. Defense is a whole different story.

To you Lhornfan... Your post is simply wrong about me. I think Texas is playing like the best team in the country. I think Colt is very good but so far this season does not deserve the hype he has gotten and you admit to that. They only thing i have said against him is that i think his teams record is the only reason he is in the talk for Heisman...He is a very good QB. Texas is a great team right now. I am an aggie fan but i am not foolish enough to admit that Texas and mccoy are not doing excellent this season. I simply have defended my case that Johnson and the Aggies are not a scrub team. Even with this loss i still think they are a solid team this season. They are young...It happens. I dont want you to get things twisted. I give respect where credit is due but when others decide to let their follishness get the better of them i will defend my thoughts and the team i support,TAMU. I will continue to say that Johnson is underratted and that the Aggies are getting better. You cannot expect things to change in one season with all those freshman and sophmores playing...But for Texas fans who want to act like A&M is the worst team to ever play in the big 12 i have to just point out the stat books and trophy rooms of the two throughout the last few years and with the exception of 05 they are very much alike...One big12 title apeice. A&M 2 of the last 3. IF they are the scrubs people think than how is this possible?

Overall Record

A&M 60-52 regular season BIG XII games

Last 5 Years

This Year

UT 5-0

A&M 2-3

A piece of irony - the A&M special teams you bad mouth had a 90+ kickoff return for a TD today.

Sorry about that...i was mistaken about who won the 96 game vs nebraska. Yea they have 2 big 12 titles.

I still think you are missing the point...I am defending the A&M program...Not dogging Texas. Go back and look at any post i have and any time i compare A&M to Texas at all its because someone has compared the two first. You know it is possible for A&M fans to discuss their team without someone from Texas jumping on and bashing them. I mean after all this tread was started by a Texas fan...I jsut think that for a team that Texas fans consider inferior they compare themselves to what A&M does in everything they do. How many times do you see someone get on here and make a post about the Texas D bailing out mccoy or something like that...Thats happened about 3 times this year " OU TECH AND CU" but you dont see an Aggie opening up a tread discrediting the Longhorns or Mccoy. I may throw my shots in from time to time but i dont start it...I jsut like to throw my two cents in when someone else is bashing team i support.

Sorry about that...i was mistaken about who won the 96 game vs nebraska. Yea they have 2 big 12 titles.

I still think you are missing the point...I am defending the A&M program...Not dogging Texas. Go back and look at any post i have and any time i compare A&M to Texas at all its because someone has compared the two first. You know it is possible for A&M fans to discuss their team without someone from Texas jumping on and bashing them. I mean after all this tread was started by a Texas fan...I jsut think that for a team that Texas fans consider inferior they compare themselves to what A&M does in everything they do. How many times do you see someone get on here and make a post about the Texas D bailing out mccoy or something like that...Thats happened about 3 times this year " OU TECH AND CU" but you dont see an Aggie opening up a tread discrediting the Longhorns or Mccoy. I may throw my shots in from time to time but i dont start it...I jsut like to throw my two cents in when someone else is bashing team i support.

I'll just take your word for it. I will say though, scheduling has something to do with it. Jerrod is a good QB that has played a weaker schedule, and I think he would do well if he where wearing burnt orange, but he does not have the leadership skills as Colt; not yet... and that is a big reason Colt and Tebow get praises from the sports announcers. They (the pros) see when a team is struggling and how a good leader fights through the adversity to still get the win. Look at UT's only loss last year - Colt drives the offense down for a TD to win the game only to see it slip through Gideon's hands. This was the same position JJ was in today, was it not? He threw an off balance pick that all but sealed the game for Colorado. Things happen and it always doesn't go as planned. I appreciate his comments after the game.

Does it help to have one of the best defenses in the country? You bet it does, but this does not help Colt statistically. It only helps in the win column, and in the end that is the stat that is Colt's ultimate goal.

Overall Record

A&M 60-52 regular season BIG XII games

Last 5 Years

This Year

UT 5-0

A&M 2-3

Actually A&M won the Big 12 title in 1998.

I'll just take your word for it. I will say though, scheduling has something to do with it. Jerrod is a good QB that has played a weaker schedule, and I think he would do well if he where wearing burnt orange, but he does not have the leadership skills as Colt; not yet... and that is a big reason Colt and Tebow get praises from the sports announcers. They (the pros) see when a team is struggling and how a good leader fights through the adversity to still get the win. Look at UT's only loss last year - Colt drives the offense down for a TD to win the game only to see it slip through Gideon's hands. This was the same position JJ was in today, was it not? He threw an off balance pick that all but sealed the game for Colorado. Things happen and it always doesn't go as planned. I appreciate his comments after the game.

Does it help to have one of the best defenses in the country? You bet it does, but this does not help Colt statistically. It only helps in the win column, and in the end that is the stat that is Colt's ultimate goal.

No doubt Colt is far ahead of JJ in the poise late category...That is an experience thing as well. Colt has been around and has won games. But i will say that Colt has many more starts so thats expected. JJ has not really been a part of a team that "finds ways to win" so i dont see it unreasonable for him to try to do a little too much. But you are right about him being a man in the postgame speaches. I think him and the young offense will be more prepared for this situation next season. I think they are going to be very good on the offensive side.

Colt gets wins and thats all that matters...I agree. But not when it comes to Heisman and allbig 12 honors. Thats the only point i have tried to make in these treads. I say give it Shipley. See my post on the UT/UCF game...Shipley is the best player on Texas IMO. Kids a beast

Lot of talk about Colt's short passing game. Suggest you watch his film to discover he can throw the deep ball or the 20 yarder as well as anyone. Or just watch today's game. The 88 yard TD to Shipley hit a 4.3 sprinter on a full gallop 40-50 yards down the field. And like he always does, he throws a rope between defenders to gain 25-30 yards. Colt can flat out sling it.

Lot of talk about Colt's short passing game. Suggest you watch his film to discover he can throw the deep ball or the 20 yarder as well as anyone. Or just watch today's game. The 88 yard TD to Shipley hit a 4.3 sprinter on a full gallop 40-50 yards down the field. And like he always does, he throws a rope between defenders to gain 25-30 yards. Colt can flat out sling it.

That was a nice throw...I think when you look at his percentage though is where people come up with those statements. The numbers have not lied. He really is only like 30 something% on 10+ yards. I dont really think it matters much as long as you cant stop Shipley from getting you into 3rd and 2 or even getting into 3rd downs at all lol. The main talk was people saying that his overall completion percentage was high because of shorter throws... Not that he can never throw a good deep ball.

That was a nice throw...I think when you look at his percentage though is where people come up with those statements. The numbers have not lied. He really is only like 30 something% on 10+ yards. I dont really think it matters much as long as you cant stop Shipley from getting you into 3rd and 2 or even getting into 3rd downs at all lol. The main talk was people saying that his overall completion percentage was high because of shorter throws... Not that he can never throw a good deep ball.

I call bull ###. If all you have to go by is that mistake that Todd McShay spouted you are misled. i would like to see a link to where your info is coming from.