• Wills Point
    • Lovejoy
  2. 2. Van vs Quinlan Ford

• Van
    • Quinlan Ford
  3. 3. Eustace vs Farmersville

• Eustace
    • Farmersville

Okay, it is playoff time now. Throw the regular season records out the window and buckle your chin straps and get ready for some Texas High School playoff's. Here is a breakdown of District 14-AAA vs 13-AAA in the bi-district round. Post your thoughts and predictions.

Van (7-3) vs Quinlan Ford (4-6) Thursday @ Royse City ISD @ 7:30 pm

Van has a very good defense. Their offense is not as prolific as it was last year, but they have enough to get it done Thursday night I think. Quinlan Ford has a very good quarterback and a couple of fairly good receivers, but not good enough to penetrate Van's defense I think. Van wins this one let's say 38-0!

Wills Point (9-1) vs Lucas Lovejoy (9-1) Friday @ Cotton Ford Field in Greenville at 7:30 pm

Wills Point can score some points and has a very good passing game. However, so does Lovejoy. Michael Means can beat you both with his arm and his feet. Lovejoy has some huge offensive/defensive lineman, but they are a bit slow and can be worn down in the trenches over four quarters of smash mouth football. Blake Martin is unknown for Lovejoy. If he can go, he is a phenomenal running back. This game is way too close to call. Offensively, I would have to give the nod to Lovejoy as they have a dual threat QB that can burn you bad. Defensively, I would give the edge to Wills Point I think. This one is gonna be a high scoring contest I bet and I would venture to say that Lovejoy sneaks out a win let's say 38-32.

Farmersville (7-3) vs Eustace (4-6) Friday @ Hanby Stadium in Mesquite at 7:30 pm

Farmersville has a good running attack, but their passing game is suspect. From what I understand, Eustace does not pass much either and has a good running attack. Farmersville has a pretty good run defense, but is susceptible to the pass. I give the edge to Farmersville and think they will win let's say 38-21.

Post your thoughts and predictions. District 14AAA could make a clean sweep. The Wills Point vs Lovejoy game could easily go either way as they are both very good teams. If Farmersville shows up like they did last year against Kemp, then it could be a clean sweep as Van should beat Quinlan Ford soundly. However, I really do think that 13-AAA should go at least 1-2 or perhaps even 2-1 if Lovejoy can sneak out a win. So, my prediction....District 13-AAA (2) District 14-AAA (1)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, it is playoff time now. Throw the regular season records out the window and buckle your chin straps and get ready for some Texas High School playoff's. Here is a breakdown of District 14-AAA vs 13-AAA in the bi-district round. Post your thoughts and predictions.

Van (7-3) vs Quinlan Ford (4-6) Thursday @ Royse City ISD @ 7:30 pm

Van has a very good defense. Their offense is not as prolific as it was last year, but they have enough to get it done Thursday night I think. Quinlan Ford has a very good quarterback and a couple of fairly good receivers, but not good enough to penetrate Van's defense I think. Van wins this one let's say 38-0!

Wills Point (9-1) vs Lucas Lovejoy (9-1) Friday @ Cotton Ford Field in Greenville at 7:30 pm

Wills Point can score some points and has a very good passing game. However, so does Lovejoy. Michael Means can beat you both with his arm and his feet. Lovejoy has some huge offensive/defensive lineman, but they are a bit slow and can be worn down in the trenches over four quarters of smash mouth football. Blake Martin is unknown for Lovejoy. If he can go, he is a phenomenal running back. This game is way too close to call. Offensively, I would have to give the nod to Lovejoy as they have a dual threat QB that can burn you bad. Defensively, I would give the edge to Wills Point I think. This one is gonna be a high scoring contest I bet and I would venture to say that Lovejoy sneaks out a win let's say 38-32.

Farmersville (7-3) vs Eustace (4-6) Friday @ Hanby Stadium in Mesquite at 7:30 pm

Farmersville has a good running attack, but their passing game is suspect. From what I understand, Eustace does not pass much either and has a good running attack. Farmersville has a pretty good run defense, but is susceptible to the pass. I give the edge to Farmersville and think they will win let's say 38-21.

Post your thoughts and predictions. District 14AAA could make a clean sweep. The Wills Point vs Lovejoy game could easily go either way as they are both very good teams. If Farmersville shows up like they did last year against Kemp, then it could be a clean sweep as Van should beat Quinlan Ford soundly. However, I really do think that 13-AAA should go at least 1-2 or perhaps even 2-1 if Lovejoy can sneak out a win. So, my prediction....District 13-AAA (2) District 14-AAA (1)

Great Post I Took Van, Wills Point, and Farmersville. I think if Wills Point stays healthy and turnover free they will make a good playoff run. Van needs to play at a high level every game. Eustace has a very explosive offense even if it doesnt show vs van look at the rest of their schedule dont count them out yet..

I could agree with your picks. Van will win more than likely with no problem at all. Farmersville should take care of business on Friday night. I would at least think that the Farmers have the advantage at this point, but could be wrong as Eustace does have a pretty good offense! Meanwhile, the really tough game is gonna be Wills Point vs Lovejoy. Man, those two teams are very closely matched and it would not surprise me to see Wills Point get the win, but I am trying to stay loyal to our district, so I picked Lovejoy to get the win. I hope all the teams stay injury free!

Great Post I Took Van, Wills Point, and Farmersville. I think if Wills Point stays healthy and turnover free they will make a good playoff run. Van needs to play at a high level every game. Eustace has a very explosive offense even if it doesnt show vs van look at the rest of their schedule dont count them out yet..

If you take away Wills Point's outside passing game, you win. They are very good at running twins and trips to one side and hitting a short pass and gaining yards after the catch. If you can disrupt that pass play then you stand a good chance of beating them. Their quarterback and receivers are good. Their receivers are quick and can catch the ball and break tackles after the catch, but if you can disrupt that at the line of scrimmage, then you stand a chance. Their running game is not too good. Their defense is good, but not great. They have a stronger run defense than pass defense, so if you can pass, you may very well light them up for a lot of points. So they are definately beatable, but you are going to have to bring your "A" game to beat em! I would pick LE over WP in the next round if WP can get out of the 1st round! LE is stout! Their whole district is stout!

What kind of team speed does Wills Point have? If they win they catch a very fast Liberty-Eylau next. L-E is very similar to Gilmer in regard to team speed.

I agree that Van's defense is good and Quinlan Ford doesn't have much in the form of defense, so I think Van will roll them.

Wills Point-I could buy that they are too fast for Lovejoy and that it will be close

Farmersville and Eustace-it may be a close game, but I don't think it will be high scoring. From what I understand, both teams run the football. Therefore, I anticipate ball control offense and long controlled and sustained drives. A lot of 3 and 4 yards and a cloud of dust!

Van-defense just to good

Wills Point-a little to fast for Lovejoy but it'll be close

Farmersville-close high scoring game

I agree that Van's defense is good and Quinlan Ford doesn't have much in the form of defense, so I think Van will roll them.

Wills Point-I could buy that they are too fast for Lovejoy and that it will be close

Farmersville and Eustace-it may be a close game, but I don't think it will be high scoring. From what I understand, both teams run the football. Therefore, I anticipate ball control offense and long controlled and sustained drives. A lot of 3 and 4 yards and a cloud of dust!

The Eustace offense is similar to Georgia Tech and Navy in college. They run, run, run but it is a big play offense if the D isn't very diciplined against the option. They scored 58 on Mineola, 68 on Canton and 21 on a pretty good Wills Point D. However, Eustace's D is avg at best (i'm being nice) and Farmersville should score a lot of points. 35-28 Farmersville

In my opinion just like last year 14AAA wins 2 out of the 3 against 13AAA.

If you take away Wills Point's outside passing game, you win. They are very good at running twins and trips to one side and hitting a short pass and gaining yards after the catch. If you can disrupt that pass play then you stand a good chance of beating them. Their quarterback and receivers are good. Their receivers are quick and can catch the ball and break tackles after the catch, but if you can disrupt that at the line of scrimmage, then you stand a chance. Their running game is not too good. Their defense is good, but not great. They have a stronger run defense than pass defense, so if you can pass, you may very well light them up for a lot of points. So they are definately beatable, but you are going to have to bring your "A" game to beat em! I would pick LE over WP in the next round if WP can get out of the 1st round! LE is stout! Their whole district is stout!

According to the Dallas Morning News, Wills Point held Farmersville to 63 yards rushing and 80 yards passing(40 of which came on 1 VERY good play before halftime)... Farmersville rushed for 263 yards vs Lovejoy. Vans 1st team defense gave up 57 points in district, WPs 1st team defense gave up 52. Canton is a PASS oriented offense averaging 34 points per game... WP held them to 18, Van held them to 22. In my BIASED opinion, 14AAA has 2 VERY good defenses going into the playoffs, both are very fast to the ball and I saw little difference between them. As a side note: Every opponent, that WP faced in pre-season, made the playoffs and included victories over the 13AAA and 14AAAA district champions. We may not win another game, but after going 1-9 last year, we're very excited about our chances.

Lovejoy has gotten better every year and is pretty salty team so WP better not take them lightly.

WP by 6

Eustace has done great the last 2 yrs with their new coach and hopefully they get to drop down to

2a next year . I"m picking a Eustace in a upset by 3.

Van has the easiest game but QF has a couple playmakers so i will take VAN by 17.

Don't get me wrong....Wills Point is very good! They will be tough to beat. I just think Lovejoy matches up better with them than we did. We are not a very strong passing team and Lovejoy is and I think that WP's defense may be susceptible to the pass. So, keeping that in mind, I think it will be a close high scoring contest. WP may very well win, but I am just staying loyal to 13-AAA by picking Lovejoy. I also think that Lovejoy has gotten much better as the season has progressed. Either way, it is going to be a good game between those two teams.

Van is stout. Their defense is very good! They will beat QF without much of a problem.

Farmersville vs Eustace....hmmmm.....Tough to call. I think it depends on which Farmer team shows up. I am obviously biased toward the Farmers, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I think both offenses are very similar, but I honestly believe that the Farmers may have a better defense, therefore I would think that they should get the win. However, we thought that last year verses Kemp too and look at what happened! So, this one will be close I think, but my gut says that the Farmers pull this one out with their defense making some key stops.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Wills Point held Farmersville to 63 yards rushing and 80 yards passing(40 of which came on 1 VERY good play before halftime)... Farmersville rushed for 263 yards vs Lovejoy. Vans 1st team defense gave up 57 points in district, WPs 1st team defense gave up 52. Canton is a PASS oriented offense averaging 34 points per game... WP held them to 18, Van held them to 22. In my BIASED opinion, 14AAA has 2 VERY good defenses going into the playoffs, both are very fast to the ball and I saw little difference between them. As a side note: Every opponent, that WP faced in pre-season, made the playoffs and included victories over the 13AAA and 14AAAA district champions. We may not win another game, but after going 1-9 last year, we're very excited about our chances.

vans 1st team defense didnt give up 57 points in district they gave up 43 because the last two touchdowns they gave up to canton were with the 2nd string front 7 in the game.

Van - great defense, improving offense, peaking at just the right time.

Farmersville - close game, tough pick. Eustace offense good, but defense will give up points.

Lovejoy - my pick. Lord, they are BIG up front. I have a feeling that this game will be won big. Picked Lovejoy, but WP could turn it fast.

I think Van will be just too strong for Quinlan Ford. Ford does have a few athletes but I don't think they can stay up with Van. Van by 30

Wills Point vs Lovejoy: I hear everyone saying that Wills Point is too fast for Lovejoy. I think you all will be surprised. Lovejoy will do a good job containing the speed of Wills Point with plenty of speed of their own. If Blake Martin is 100% for the Leopards it could get ugly. If not then I say Lovejoy by 7.

Farmersville vs Eustace: In order to avoid #### off Karma I won't make a score prediction for this matchup. But I will say that the Farmers should handle Eustace!

I agree that if Blake Martin is healthy, then it could get ugly! Lovejoy has the potential to give WP a solid beating. They are freaking huge up front, but like I said they are a bit slow and soft on the line. However, they can pass the football and I think WP's secondary may be susceptible to the pass. If they let Michael Means get loose, then it is going to be a long night for WP. It outta be a very good game and a high scoring one to boot!

We played both Wills Point and Lovejoy. We lost to Wills Point by 6 I think and had 5 turnovers in that game I believe. We played Lovejoy in the mud and that negated some of their speed and we got a win. However, I think that on turf with a dry field and no turnovers, Lovejoy may very well take Wills Point and possibly take them big if they play like they are capable of. Wills Point has some very good receivers, but any team that can make some adjustments can stop their passing game and Wills Point's defense I think is susceptible to the pass. Based on that, I think Means has a huge game and passes and rushes for a couple hundred each and will be the games MVP and Lovejoy wins!

Lots of votes that have been casted thus far with no close matches...All three teams are leading by large margins...

Wills Point

Van

Farmersville

All seem to be heavy favorites right now which would have district 14-AAA going 2-1 in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Everybody is talking about Wills Point....We played both teams and I can assure you that Lovejoy is gonna be a tough game! I am smelling an upset brewing here. I think Lovejoy matches up very well with WP's speed and may even be a bit faster than they are. Gonna be an interesting game! Who is visitor and who is home? I feel sorry for whoever is the visitor as the stands on the visitor side at Greenville ####! The home side seats like 6,000 and the visitors side seats like 1,000 if you are lucky. Drill team, band, cheerleaders, etc will be in the itty bitty stands off to the side! The visitors side #### bigtime!!!!

Can anyone tell who is home and who is away for all three teams playoff games?

vans 1st team defense didnt give up 57 points in district they gave up 43 because the last two touchdowns they gave up to canton were with the 2nd string front 7 in the game.

Did not know that.... My mistake. I was NOT trying to dis Van's defense at all. They held WP to 15 pts.

But I do think WP's defense is very tough, too.

We played both Wills Point and Lovejoy. We lost to Wills Point by 6 I think and had 5 turnovers in that game I believe. We played Lovejoy in the mud and that negated some of their speed and we got a win. However, I think that on turf with a dry field and no turnovers, Lovejoy may very well take Wills Point and possibly take them big if they play like they are capable of. Wills Point has some very good receivers, but any team that can make some adjustments can stop their passing game and Wills Point's defense I think is susceptible to the pass. Based on that, I think Means has a huge game and passes and rushes for a couple hundred each and will be the games MVP and Lovejoy wins!

Check the stats....WP had 5 turnovers, too, and the final score was 28-21. WP faced 5 playoff teams in non-district, and beat the 13AAA & 14AAAA District Champs..... I admire the biased opinions and I am included in that group. WP is the home team and I look forward to Friday.

Lovejoy looked pretty good in the bi-district game against Van last year, but unless they had some move-ins, they arent terribly fast. They did not have the team speed Van had last year, and I pretty sure Van is even faster this year. They do have their entire team back from last year though, and that is a good thing. This should be a great game. I'm thinking about making the trip up to Greenville to watch.

I am not arguing anything. WP beat us plain and simple. We did have five turnovers inside our own 30 which all contributed to several WP scores, but that is neither here nor there. I am simply saying that I think Lovejoy is gonna be one tough team to beat. WP is very good, but so is Lovejoy. It should be a very good game! Man, hate to hear that.....Be thankful you are the home team! The visitor's side literally is about the size of a matchbox! It is terrible, so that kind of stinks for the Lovejoy fans as I expect them to travel well.

Check the stats....WP had 5 turnovers, too, and the final score was 28-21. WP faced 5 playoff teams in non-district, and beat the 13AAA & 14AAAA District Champs..... I admire the biased opinions and I am included in that group. WP is the home team and I look forward to Friday.