• Wills Point
    • Lovejoy
  2. 2. Van vs Quinlan Ford

• Van
    • Quinlan Ford
  3. 3. Eustace vs Farmersville

• Eustace
    • Farmersville

I think Eustace will score somewhere in the ballpark of 20 something points, but Farmersville will score in the ballpark of 40 something points...Again, defense wins this game and I think Farmersville has the stronger defense.

I think you are right that this will come down to defense but depends which farmersville defense shows up like yall have been saying

I think Eustace will score somewhere in the ballpark of 20 something points, but Farmersville will score in the ballpark of 40 something points...Again, defense wins this game and I think Farmersville has the stronger defense.

I think you are right that this will come down to defense but depends which farmersville defense shows up like yall have been saying

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct! Both offenses will score their fare share of points and based on Eustace's defense, I think Farmersville will score quite a few. The big question is...Does Farmersville have the defense to shut down Eustace on a few critical drives???? That is yet to be seen. I do believe they are fully capable of turning in an excellent performance and shutting down the Wing T offense, but that depends on which Farmer team shows up! They have played very inconsistent all year long....They play down to their opponents one week and dominate them the next. If the coaching staff has prepared them both physically and mentally for this game, then we should be alright as long as the coaches don't call any other time outs right before the half, gift wrapping a victory for the opposing team... :mad:

You are correct! Both offenses will score their fare share of points and based on Eustace's defense, I think Farmersville will score quite a few. The big question is...Does Farmersville have the defense to shut down Eustace on a few critical drives???? That is yet to be seen. I do believe they are fully capable of turning in an excellent performance and shutting down the Wing T offense, but that depends on which Farmer team shows up! They have played very inconsistent all year long....They play down to their opponents one week and dominate them the next. If the coaching staff has prepared them both physically and mentally for this game, then we should be alright as long as the coaches don't call any other time outs right before the half, gift wrapping a victory for the opposing team... :mad:

Still think that you are underestimating Eustace, reading your posts it seems that both of our teams have some obivious weeknesses. SOOOO looking forward to Friday.....Come on get here already! :woohoo:

Still think that you are underestimating Eustace, reading your posts it seems that both of our teams have some obivious weeknesses. SOOOO looking forward to Friday.....Come on get here already! :woohoo:

Still gonna be tough for Eustace. They lost all momentum going into the playoffs having lost two in a row. I will be pulling for them though...Good luck to CC and the rest.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

You are right...Both teams have some serious weaknesses. I am not going to guarantee a win by no means, but I am confident that if the Farmers play like they are capable of, then we should win. However, that is not a guarantee...Eustace is very good offensively. It just depends on which Farmer team shows up Friday night I am afraid. I am cautiously optimistic at this point. I know Eustace will be a tough game for the Farmers!

Meanwhile, not sure if Blake Martin is gonna play for Lovejoy or not. If he is healthy, that will definately help the Leopards!

Well from what Ive seen on film farmersville is horrible at tackling diving at ankles most of the time, but ive only seen them vs Quinlan ford so i expected eustace to run all over them but who knows, anything is possible maybe they had a bad night..On the thing about them being fired up i really dont think they were against van for some reason after the 1st quarter, but i expect them to bring a different attitude into the playoffs...If WP doesnt turn the ball over they will outscore lovejoy

So what do you call "Running all over them"? How many yards would that be? Based on the season stats Eustace should have some success running against the Farmers. But how many yards to they need to rush for in order to offset the yards the Farmers will rush against the Eustace defense? 300? 400? 500?

Here are the rushing totals against the Farmers defense this season:

Winnsboro-156 yards

Prosper-278 yards

Wills Point-107 yards

Van Alstyne-44 yards

Pottsboro- 103 yards

Lovejoy- 178 yards

Rains- 76 yards

Community- 131 yards

Quinlan Ford- 184 yards

Princeton- minus 14 yards. (yes! negative yards)

6 or 7 of these teams have a higher rated offense than Eustace does.

Almost every time the Farmers defense was caught flat footed it was against a good passing offense. Van Alstyne scored on 3 50+ yard td passes in the first 3 minutes of that game before the Farmers adjusted and outscored them 34-15 the rest of the game. Even Rains passed for like 400 yards against the Farmers. They completed the quick screen play out to the receiver at least 30 times for about 300 yards before the Farmers adjusted and shut that down. (BTW: They only scored 12 points on the defense that gave up 400+yards passing).

So what do you call "Running all over them"? How many yards would that be? Based on the season stats Eustace should have some success running against the Farmers. But how many yards to they need to rush for in order to offset the yards the Farmers will rush against the Eustace defense? 300? 400? 500?

Winnsboro-156 yards

Prosper-278 yards

Wills Point-107 yards

Van Alstyne-44 yards

Pottsboro- 103 yards

Lovejoy- 178 yards

Rains- 76 yards

Community- 131 yards

Quinlan Ford- 184 yards

so they give up around 125 a game on avg? eustace will have one kid run for that and 3 others that might match it. but all in all the farmers have the better D and will more than likely win.

WP has been playing very "fired UP" ,but what im worried about is that everybodys judging eustace by there last game I dont know i just think it will be closer than most everyone is thinking...

I don't think anyone is judging them by their last game with Van. And most people are saying it could be a very close game.

Okay did a little research of my own:

Eustace 52 vs Mineola 28-Eustace gained 451 yards rushing with no passing yards. Mineola does not have a very good defense

Eustace 58 vs Canton 53-Eustace went 6 of 10 for 103 yards passing and had 514 yards rushing. Canton has no defense

Eustace 21 vs Kemp 20-Eustace went 409 yards rushing and no passing yards. Kemp is not a very good football team

Eustace 21 vs Wills Point 54-Eustace went 5 of 10 for 4 yards passing and rushed for 279 yards. A team we lost to by six points and played a terrible game beat em pretty soundly! Eustace had almost no passing game and rushed for much less than they had in the previous three games.

Eustace 7 vs Van 40-Van went 3-6 for 21 yards passing and rushed for 334 yards and Van's offense is not great. Eustace went 1-4 for 29 yards passing and rushed for 99 yards. Van has a very good defense, thus their rushing attack fell way down off their average and had almost no passing yards again.

Without a passing attack, I think we can literally load the box and stop their run. If we can hold them to under 300 yards rushing for the entire game, then we win! Our offense should average between 400-600 yards of total offense with at least 400 of that coming on the ground. Difference...We have a much stronger defense and we can pass when we have to! We should win 40 something to 20 something I bet.

Winnsboro-156 yards

Prosper-278 yards

Wills Point-107 yards

Van Alstyne-44 yards

Pottsboro- 103 yards

Lovejoy- 178 yards

Rains- 76 yards

Community- 131 yards

Quinlan Ford- 184 yards

Like i said i've only seen the quinlan ford game on film so thats what i was basing my opinion on, I understand 1 game cant really show u everything because if you watched Van vs Palestine and thats it you would be wondering what the heck everyone is talking about their defense for? haha Good Luck Friday Night to both teams!!

FF, can you break down the rushing yardage and opponents for Eustace to?

Some of the stats aren't available on DMN:

Opponent....... Eustace rushing totals

Tyler Grace Comm;- 47-251

Life Oak Cliff - 58-406

Edgewood - 46-281

Mineola - 42-451

Canton - 56-514

Wills Point - 55-279

Kemp - 38-409

Quitman, Van and Ferris numbers weren't shown.

Opponent......Farmersville rushing totals

Winnsboro - 100

Prosper - 131

Wills Point - 63

Van Alstyne - 209

Pottsboro - 204

Lovejoy - 263

Rains - 284

Communtiy- 447

Quinlan Ford - 335

Princeton - 344

The Farmers struggled early on getting a offensive identity. If not for the good play by the defense they easily could have lost 4 or 5 games.

however you guys need to understand eustace is VERY GOOD at what they do. A defense has to be very disciplined to stop it......3 yards and a cloud of dust.............

I think we all understand this completely. Eustace has a very good running attack. What you need to understand is that the Farmers have contained almost every "Running attack" they have faced. (good or not). The defending state champs only managed 287 yards rushing on this defense. Some of you keep saying things like this. Yet you don't seem to understand that even IF Eustace is "Very Good" at what they do they still have a 4-6 record, scored less points than they gave up (by a long shot). So it doesn't matter if they rush for 1000 yards in a game if they don't keep the other team from outscoring them. Again Eustace is very capable of finding another gear and putting it on the Farmers. I am simply posting the 10 game history of the teams. You can decide for yourself what it all means. I just hope everyone stays healthy and whoever wins this game can knock off the powerhouses in waiting from far east texas....

so they give up around 125 a game on avg? eustace will have one kid run for that and 3 others that might match it. but all in all the farmers have the better D and will more than likely win.

And therein lies the irony in your thinking. Are you claiming that the Eustace running attack is better than the 6 higher rated offenses that the Farmers held under 200 yards rushing????? Perhaps they are! But one would think a rushing attack like that would have a better record than 4-6 and would have scored more points. Just saying!

And therein lies the irony in your thinking. Are you claiming that the Eustace running attack is better than the 6 higher rated offenses that the Farmers held under 200 yards rushing????? Perhaps they are! But one would think a rushing attack like that would have a better record than 4-6 and would have scored more points. Just saying!

Who are the 6 higher rated? As far as I am concerned everyone that we have played has been "higher" rated, but we have still managed a spot in playoffs.... I pretty much sure that we were not picked one week to win a game this season ( according to the so called stats and news papers ). Anything can happen no matter what the stats say, they do not list injuries - or any other circumstances that may affect a team.

Who are the 6 higher rated? As far as I am concerned everyone that we have played has been "higher" rated, but we have still managed a spot in playoffs.... I pretty much sure that we were not picked one week to win a game this season ( according to the so called stats and news papers ).

Sorry if you feel we aren't giving Eustace the respect you think they deserve. It really isn't my intent. I am simply posting numbers and stats for each team and then applying my own interpretation for those numbers. I have said dozens of times that the Farmers have frequently played poorly and that I believe Eustace could find another gear and stomp us.

Some of the stats aren't available on DMN:

Opponent....... Eustace rushing totals

Tyler Grace Comm;- 47-251

Life Oak Cliff - 58-406

Edgewood - 46-281

Mineola - 42-451

Canton - 56-514

Wills Point - 55-279

Kemp - 38-409

Quitman, Van and Ferris numbers weren't shown.

Opponent......Farmersville rushing totals

Winnsboro - 100

Prosper - 131

Wills Point - 63

Van Alstyne - 209

Pottsboro - 204

Lovejoy - 263

Rains - 284

Communtiy- 447

Quinlan Ford - 335

Princeton - 344

The Farmers struggled early on getting a offensive identity. If not for the good play by the defense they easily could have lost 4 or 5 games.

So based on the stats, Farmersville had 2380 yards in ten games. Eustace had 2591 in seven. Need I say more about the more deadlyu rushing attack. I do agree that the Bulldog defense needs to step it up, but they are showing improvement. WP or Van wins Farmersville's district easily.

Winnsboro-156 yards

Prosper-278 yards

Wills Point-107 yards

Van Alstyne-44 yards

Pottsboro- 103 yards

Lovejoy- 178 yards

Rains- 76 yards

Community- 131 yards

Quinlan Ford- 184 yards

These stats are from Dallas Morning News? Max Preps is showing a discrepancy.....if I am reading it right, Van Alstyne - 60 yrds / Prosper - 370 yrds / Lovejoy - 182 yrds / Pottsboro - 95 yrds. Anyone let me know if I am not reading this right. If I am than my point is that stats are only as good as the data entry, who keeps the master book - and what do we go by? Just wondering....

So based on the stats, Farmersville had 2380 yards in ten games. Eustace had 2591 in seven. Need I say more about the more deadlyu rushing attack. I do agree that the Bulldog defense needs to step it up, but they are showing improvement. WP or Van wins Farmersville's district easily.

My thoughts as well... Welcome back Pal.....been needing your help on here...lol

I second what FF said there. It was not our intent to take anything away from Eustace. They have a very potent offense and the Farmers have been known to play inconsistent this year. There is a distinct possibility that Eustace could beat the Farmers. Like I have said before...It depends on which Farmer team shows up, but if you look at the stats, the Farmers have an offense that is very comparable to Eustace, but the Farmers defense I think is much better. So, based on that and the results from head to head matchups with one common opponent, I would have to give the edge to the Farmers. However, it would not shock me to see the Bulldogs steal a win on Friday night if our boys don't show up to play!

Lol all these stats and stuff are very confusing..IF farmersville can stop the run they will beat eustace easily and soundly if not it will be a great game! haha i think it will be the 2nd option just because i have faith that Eustace will play all out!

I don't think the Farmers can "Stop" the running attack of Eustace. Their defense isn't THAT good. I think they simply need to contain it just like 6 of Eustaces 10 opponents have done this season. In other words keep the Eustace offense from scoring more points than the Farmers offense does. And unless Eustace can pass the ball I don't see them rushing for more than 250 yards or so. But that's just my opinion. The Farmers haven't met up with a real power running attack very often this season. Most of the teams they played run the spread and pass like crazy. Winnsboro and Prosper have a power running attack. This should be a fun game. Good luck everyone. Who all is going to Royce City tonight for the Van/QF game?