Best Inside Linbacker in East Texas?!

Eaglefootball

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Alexander a defensive end?

He's actually a DT, but is being recruited at OLB. He's about 6'3" 225#, and was a regional qualifier in the 110M Hurdles as a junior. I have a feeling if he did play ILB, he would be one of the best around. Van does have a young (soph) ILB with a bright future though.

Yes, but they don't always stay RB even if that is how they are recruited. I was recruited as a running back and played defense my entire college career.

I watched Traylon Shead play this year and honestly he kind of carries himself like a defensive guy. He looks like a Free safety to me. He is a Heck of a athlete!!

I watched Traylon Shead play this year and honestly he kind of carries himself like a defensive guy. He looks like a Free safety to me. He is a Heck of a athlete!!

His height and build make him a much better candidate for LB. Who knows, he could end up a TE or WR. Maybe he will be the next John Riggins. Ya never know, but I think he would make one heck of a college MLB.

What surprises me, though is the amount of former high school quarterbacks in receiver spots in college and pro football.

His height and build make him a much better candidate for LB. Who knows, he could end up a TE or WR. Maybe he will be the next John Riggins. Ya never know, but I think he would make one heck of a college MLB.

What surprises me, though is the amount of former high school quarterbacks in receiver spots in college and pro football.

I doubt that there are too many receivers in the NFL that played receiver in high school. When you have a kid with that kind of athletic ability, its hard not to put him at QB. It is the hardest position in sports.

West Rusk's Chris Savala! He has 94 tackles 5 sacks 3 FF and 2 FR and 1 defensive TD

and when he tackles he brings the wood! Not to mention Hes about 5'8" 170

Nobody - and I mean NOBODY i've ever watched play high school football cares more, plays with more PASSION, never gives up, and hustles like this kid. He doesnt do a lot of talking from what I've seen, just shows up every friday night to play MLB and deep snapper and other sp teams assignments.

He's not the biggest and definitely not the fastest - but I'll put his heart against anybody that's ever buckled a chin strap - PERIOD.....

Nobody - and I mean NOBODY i've ever watched play high school football cares more, plays with more PASSION, never gives up, and hustles like this kid. He doesnt do a lot of talking from what I've seen, just shows up every friday night to play MLB and deep snapper and other sp teams assignments.

He's not the biggest and definitely not the fastest - but I'll put his heart against anybody that's ever buckled a chin strap - PERIOD.....

I would agree with that. Everytime I have seen West Rusk play, I have been impressed with Savala exactly for the reasons you mentioned. He is way undersized for a linebacker, but I would take 22 players just exactly like Chris Savala and I would win a lot of high school football games.

Dalton "Water Buffalo" Santos 6'3" 230 Linebacker 6 games 77 tackles - only a sophomore from Van TX

he brings the "head" on every play

Dalton's worked hard and has become a beast of a LB. If he keeps working there is no telling how good this kid can be. Great size and he really has improved his speed a lot. Reminds me of the big LB at Celina.

Dalton "Water Buffalo" Santos 6'3" 230 Linebacker 6 games 77 tackles - only a sophomore from Van TX

9 games 75 tackles - 4 int on the season so far. good athlete