Peyton Does it AGAIN!

I've got 2 words for you. Barry Sanders.

Elite enough for you?

Good point. But I was thinking more along the lines of Archie Manning. He was never able to lead the pitiful Saints even to a playoff game. Was he considered an elite QB? On a better team he might have been considered one of the all time greats.

Manning still would have put the Lions in the Playoffs with his leadership. That's the factor with quarterbacks. Elway didn't play on the most talented of teams, but he kept his teams in games. Barry Sanders put the Lions in the playoffs, and Washington shut him down in the NFC Championship game, after the Lions whipped my Cowboys.

Peyton is a field general, and scoring 21 points in the 4th shows that he doesn't quit, unlike another touted quarterback in the NFC East. "Winners never quit, and quitters never win." Peyton has lost games, and he only has one title, but he keeps coming back for more in every game. I've never seen Manning give up on his team, or any great quarterback for that matter.

Absolutely no way does Peyton put Detroit in playoffs. It takes a team to do that and Peyton is not a team. One player can make a difference but not to the extent your "man love" feels.

You also haven't see Romo quit on the team either. Like I said when Dallas plays bad it's always about how bad Romo did.

Elway was on some good teams that could not win. If he was so good why was he always having to come-back to win the games. Hmmm..... sounds like Peyton. Seems to me if your that good then you would play with the lead more and hold it.

So one man makes a team? You as a journalist should no better than that. Your man crush is showing!

I never said one player makes a team, but one player can make a hell of a difference. That was proven when Manning joined the Colts, and that goes for many, many other cases throughout NFL history.

Spacegolfer, you just keep digging yourself into a hole. Not sure what your problem is, but to question the greatness of players like JOHN ELWAY and Peyton Manning is ridiculous.

Elway was on some good teams that could not win. If he was so good why was he always having to come-back to win the games. Hmmm..... sounds like Peyton. Seems to me if your that good then you would play with the lead more and hold it.

uhh if your going by that reasoning you could say the same thing about Captain Comeback himself..which by the way is #### logic, but still

Absolutely no way does Peyton put Detroit in playoffs. It takes a team to do that and Peyton is not a team. One player can make a difference but not to the extent your "man love" feels.

You also haven't see Romo quit on the team either. Like I said when Dallas plays bad it's always about how bad Romo did.

I'm not a Manning Fan. I've hated the Colts since I learned they beat the Cowboys in Super Bowl V (a little before my time). If Peyton was on the Lions this year, they probably wouldn't make the playoffs. If he had his say on who he wanted around him next year, the Lions would be like the Dolphins last year. Manning doesn't go off to the bench and put his head down, and start crying. You see it by Woe Mo's actions on the sidelines. He goes off and pouts like a little school girl.

I'm objective to the Manning clan. I know I'd rather see Peyton as the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, than a "what me worry" quarterback that we have. Peyton Manning has guts, I respect him for that, but I'm not a fan of Peyton Manning.

I'm not a Manning Fan. I've hated the Colts since I learned they beat the Cowboys in Super Bowl V (a little before my time). If Peyton was on the Lions this year, they probably wouldn't make the playoffs. If he had his say on who he wanted around him next year, the Lions would be like the Dolphins last year. Manning doesn't go off to the bench and put his head down, and start crying. You see it by Woe Mo's actions on the sidelines. He goes off and pouts like a little school girl.

I'm objective to the Manning clan. I know I'd rather see Peyton as the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, than a "what me worry" quarterback that we have. Peyton Manning has guts, I respect him for that, but I'm not a fan of Peyton Manning.

You've never seen Romo crying on the sideline because of his or someone's play. Most QB's will put their head in a towel from time to time. Sometimes it's to just relax and get yourself organized or refocus yourself. Peyton and others has done this as well. IT"S NORMAL! You've never seen him pouting on the sideline either.

uhh if your going by that reasoning you could say the same thing about Captain Comeback himself..which by the way is #### logic, but still

Roger was one of my favorites all time. I still say the same thing about any QB including Roger. If you are truly that good a QB then one would not have so many comeback wins. You just should not be behind that often. Yes I know the defense is the one that usually allowed the other team to score first in some cases. All that means is late in a game the same stupid passes that were intercepted early on might have gotten through and td's were made late in the game. My point is these guys take high risk and sometimes late is when they connect and thus they get the big comeback wins. Over the years Peyton, Elway, Romo, Roger, & whomever take these chances and sometimes get rewarded. It doesn't make them great.

You've never seen Romo crying on the sideline because of his or someone's play. Most QB's will put their head in a towel from time to time. Sometimes it's to just relax and get yourself organized or refocus yourself. Peyton and others has done this as well. IT"S NORMAL! You've never seen him pouting on the sideline either.

You're kidding. I saw it Sunday. Tony gets in these down in the dumps, what can I do modes all the time. If the Cowboys aren't leading the game in the 4th quarter, Woe is me Romo sulks. He's done it the past three years. Have you watched the games ????

Peyton made a great comeback last night, even genius Belichek knew he would, and he went for it on fourth down. Will you see the Cowboys have the gumption to do that ? When has Romo CONNECTED in the 4th quarter, against an average team, he has against bad teams like the Rams, but against a solid team ????

By the way, I have as many playoff victories in the NFL as Tony Romo !

You're kidding. I saw it Sunday. Tony gets in these down in the dumps, what can I do modes all the time. If the Cowboys aren't leading the game in the 4th quarter, Woe is me Romo sulks. He's done it the past three years. Have you watched the games ????

Peyton made a great comeback last night, even genius Belichek knew he would, and he went for it on fourth down. Will you see the Cowboys have the gumption to do that ? When has Romo CONNECTED in the 4th quarter, against an average team, he has against bad teams like the Rams, but against a solid team ????

By the way, I have as many playoff victories in the NFL as Tony Romo !

NO! Genius Belichek was stupid going for it at their own 28 yard line. You never go for it down there with 4 down and 2. Only an idiot would take that chance. Do not confuse stupidity for gumption.

You must get your eyes checked please. You know so much about what Romo is thinking when he is on the sidelines. Please let me know what you find out. I want to have your vision to see that well. I saw Romo get after players for missed assignments and not doing their job.

People up here still complain about Peyton. It's the same almost everywhere. For some reason the local fans seem to complain about their starting QB. It's not just in Dallas. I here the complaints locally. I'm only an hour from Indy.

NO! Genius Belichek was stupid going for it at their own 28 yard line. You never go for it down there with 4 down and 2. Only an idiot would take that chance. Do not confuse stupidity for gumption.

You must get your eyes checked please. You know so much about what Romo is thinking when he is on the sidelines. Please let me know what you find out. I want to have your vision to see that well. I saw Romo get after players for missed assignments and not doing their job.

People up here still complain about Peyton. It's the same almost everywhere. For some reason the local fans seem to complain about their starting QB. It's not just in Dallas. I here the complaints locally. I'm only an hour from Indy.

I like when the Colts have to come back in the 4th quarter. That way we don't have to listen to your whining about Manning "padding" his stats.

And being down the whole game doesn't say you are good or bad. it's what side you are on when the game is over. Peyton and the Colts keep winning so yes, they are one of the best teams.

LOL....how do you have the gumption to call Belichek stupid??? My guess is he played the percentages......you know....those numbers you always have stored up in your head and love to spit out on here.....lol.......an idiot my rear.....

Go dig up some more "Oh-no" stats and get back with us......

Roger was one of my favorites all time. I still say the same thing about any QB including Roger. If you are truly that good a QB then one would not have so many comeback wins. You just should not be behind that often. Yes I know the defense is the one that usually allowed the other team to score first in some cases. All that means is late in a game the same stupid passes that were intercepted early on might have gotten through and td's were made late in the game. My point is these guys take high risk and sometimes late is when they connect and thus they get the big comeback wins. Over the years Peyton, Elway, Romo, Roger, & whomever take these chances and sometimes get rewarded. It doesn't make them great.

I am sorry..But this might be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here.

Belichek has Tom Brady just like the Colts have Peyton. If you leave time on the clock these guys will score 75% or more percent of the time. Belichek relied on his franchise to get a first down. He took a gamble and lost but taht doesnt make him stupid. AND I HATE THE PATRIOTS.

shipment_of_fail.jpg

Belichek has Tom Brady just like the Colts have Peyton. If you leave time on the clock these guys will score 75% or more percent of the time. Belichek relied on his franchise to get a first down. He took a gamble and lost but taht doesnt make him stupid. AND I HATE THE PATRIOTS.

Well said. :thumbsup:

Everyone hates them [Pats] because they're cocky. I'm a fan and it does get to me when they take the cocky approach to things and fail. They took the cocky approach to the 4th down and it was their downfall. And Belichek is not stupid by any means, he just makes bad decisions like anyone else. This one just happen to cost him the game.

How can your statements hold any water to that? You don't put your defense in that position. You have to give them the length of the field to defend. Sure Indy would be in the 2-minute offense. At least you make them earn it!

STILL STUPID DECISION!

maybe you should try to coach the Cowboys....you'd surely pull them out of this drought with all of your knowledge.lol