2009 A.L. R.O.Y.

Ratface

I guess the reality of the situation is that Andrus stands little real chance of garnering the R.O.Y. award, but what a fine season he had, and what a bright future he has. And I'll admit--back in February, I was the first to proclaim what a mistake the Rangers were making in moving Michael Young to 3B and bringing in a 20-year old to take over the SS position, but man, was I wrong! I think just about everyone would agree that Andrus displayed a maturity well beyond his years and probably exceeded every expectation for his rookie season. As heralded, he played a top-notch SS with massive range to both sides, but the way he handled himself at the plate was much more of a pleasant surprise. He hit a solid .280, stole 33 bags, and never really seemed overmatched at the plate. His emergence at SS, combined with Young's solid handling of the hot corner, gave the Rangers one of the A.L.'s better defensive left sides of the infield.

Again, I suppose Andrus' prospects for gathering the R.O.Y. award are pretty slim, but what a future he has.

Andrew Bailey.

Andrus was second.

WHO???????????? They need to set up this award differently. There should be a separate ROTY for pitchers. I am sorry, but in no way can a pitcher be compared to a 20 year old that plays every single day! That is pathetic! :banghead: