Longview 28 Carrollton Newman Smith 25 (Final)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Newman Smith Trojans (10-2)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Newman Smith in a close one
    • Newman Smith in a blow out

It wasn't pretty at all...but Longview hung on to knock off a determined Midway team. The Lobos moved to 11-1 on the season, advancing to round 3 for the third straight year and notching at least 11 wins for the third straight year. The 14 points were the lowest Longview has been held since the 28-14 loss to Lufkin earlier in the year.

Longivew now turns towards a very talented group of Trojans out of Carrollment who are surprising a lot of people this season. This will be the third meeting between the two schools, with Longview holding a 2-0 series lead. Longview won 49-12 in 1990, and 20-6 in 1991.

The Trojans are 10-2 on the season, falling 34-28 to Guyer in the opener and 56-35 to Highland Park. Anyone know anything about them? Here's their schedule. They seemed extremely balanced.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.h...foType=schedule

Game time is set for 2 PM from Corsicana's Tiger Stadium (where Longview is 2-0 in Regional Semi-Finals).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the guys on the Radio broadcast, Newman Smith has a very explosive offense that can score from anywhere on the field. Longview's gonna have to find a way to defend the passing game to keep the score down. If Longview comes out flat like they did against Midway, they're SOL.

I've got Longview in a close shoot out, 38-34.

They're definitely going to be the most balanced team we've seen. Probably the most explosive.

Longview will have to control the game from the get go. If they play like they did today, we'll be sitting at home come Quarterfinal time.

Good luck Lobos. Would love to the a Longview-Waxahachie matchup. These teams hit me as mirror images of each other. Both are BIG & FAST with homerun hitters at all skill positions. This would be a great game. Hope both can take care of business next week.

13-4A 7-1 so far. Keep it rolling !

Wish they had schedule this at Royse City ISD Stadium. Probably would have saved a lot of time and money for both schools. I am sure Corsicana is a good place to play, but come up to Royse City to play next week and we will treat you right. Go Lobos and Go Trojans!!!

It wasn't pretty at all...but Longview hung on to knock off a determined Midway team. The Lobos moved to 11-1 on the season, advancing to round 3 for the third straight year and notching at least 11 wins for the third straight year. The 14 points were the lowest Longview has been held since the 28-14 loss to Lufkin earlier in the year.

Longivew now turns towards a very talented group of Trojans out of Carrollment who are surprising a lot of people this season. This will be the third meeting between the two schools, with Longview holding a 2-0 series lead. Longview won 49-12 in 1990, and 20-6 in 1991.

The Trojans are 10-2 on the season, falling 34-28 to Guyer in the opener and 56-35 to Highland Park. Anyone know anything about them? Here's their schedule. They seemed extremely balanced.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.h...foType=schedule

Game time is set for 2 PM from Corsicana's Tiger Stadium (where Longview is 2-0 in Regional Semi-Finals).

I saw them play HP. #15 and #34 are the weapons. # 34 is about the same size as the Midway running back but a little quicker. # 15 is like #10 for the Lobos once he gets outside of the pocket. He can also throw.

Smith will give up a lot of points on defense. They can only try to outscore the other team. They gave up 56 points to HP and the score should have been worse. The Lobos will score a lot of points in this game. I just hope they can score more than Smith.

LoboFan07........

I just had to take this opportunity to correct you for a change. Since you seem to ALWAYS get to correct

me a number of times in the past...I couldn't resist .

Maybe it was a simple typo on your part BUT Newman Smith High School is located in "Carrollton" NOT

"Carrollment". :bangin:

As for this game...Longview's playoff experience will prevail and it won't be that close...imo !

Carry on.....

RJ

Maybe it was a simple typo on your part BUT Newman Smith High School is located in "Carrollton" NOT

"Carrollment". :bangin:

:banghead: :banghead:

Failage on my part haha. Def. was a typo.

Steve, the game is at Tiger Stadium in Corsicana.

I think that this game is going to be real interesting. This will be the best offense that LV has seen next to Allen. I think the key to this game (other than the boys coming to play) is our defense...

1. Can we get pressure without all out blitzing?

2. Are we gonna play ten yards off the reciever?

We don't get either done, it will be a shoot out....

LV 37

NS 31

Wow, could you believe the CROWD at Saturday's game? The Lobo side was PACKED at Kincaide Stadium. Thanks for the offer of Royce City's stadium -- it's a beautiful facility and something to be proud of -- but Texas Bob says it only seats 6,500. Longview alone would fill up the home AND visitor sides. (Don't think the UIL would allow that.)

Newman Smith sounds like a very talented team. We'll need to bring our A game for sure. I expect coach King and staff will have our Lobos ready to play. 11-1 -- what a great season ... again!

Wow, could you believe the CROWD at Saturday's game? The Lobo side was PACKED at Kincaide Stadium.

Yet the thousand or so Midway fans were louder than most Longview fans all game. :sleeping: :censored: :banghead:

Thankfully we're on the home side @ Cosicana. Maybe fans will actually get into the game this week, like they did the last time we were @ Tiger Stadium.

Yet the thousand or so Midway fans were louder than most Longview fans all game. :sleeping: :censored: :banghead:

Thankfully we're on the home side @ Cosicana. Maybe fans will actually get into the game this week, like they did the last time we were @ Tiger Stadium.

Our fan base numbers sucked, doesn't show a lot to the kids on the field that put their blood and sweat into having the opportunity to move forward in the playoffs. Shame on those fans at Midway that don't have the spirit to cheer the kids on. I can't imagine if we had the numbers Longview brought to the game what our kids would do. The kids for Longview should leave it on the field every game and not take their fans for granted!