Longview 28 Carrollton Newman Smith 25 (Final)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Newman Smith Trojans (10-2)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Newman Smith in a close one
    • Newman Smith in a blow out

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally don't care who the players newman smith have. longview plays good team and good players every year(ex. allen,lufkin, etc..) . so my point is that if longview plays the way they can and probably will it doesn't matter who the qb or wr are. takes more than a pretty offense to beat longview.they will need to play very good D against longview to beat them. longview plays very well and wins i believe! also, longview will have alot of players back for next year and an undefeated jv team. so..............

personally don't care who the players newman smith have. longview plays good team and good players every year(ex. allen,lufkin, etc..) . so my point is that if longview plays the way they can and probably will it doesn't matter who the qb or wr are. takes more than a pretty offense to beat longview.they will need to play very good D against longview to beat them. longview plays very well and wins i believe! also, longview will have alot of players back for next year and an undefeated jv team. so..............

I agree for the most part. I'm giving Newman Smith a HUGE chance if we play like we did last week. Our secondary looked very suspect, so they have to step it up.

And an undefeated JV team doesn't mean much. JV success doesn't mean much at the varsity level.

Well, I hope we come to play today. At this point in the season, all we can HOPE for is for our guys to put forth their best effort because, they KNOW what they are supposed to do-period. I'm just going to ATTEMPT to enjoy every aspect about this game and the season whether it's perfect or not. Just sitting here thinking about how long it is until LATE AUGUST 2010. I mean, at one point we all will have to count the days but, I'd sure as hell would like for it to be on the terms of a 16 game season.

Game day Lobos! Please play lights out and bring home the W. To the fans, we are bringing back the lobo bounce so no matter where you are sitting, don't forget to bounce everytime we score. Even if it is a FG. Maybe this will motivate the boys to play harder. Spread the word. For those who don't know, the lobo bounce was started by the Lee Jackson and the Class of 98 during our state run that year. All you do is jump up and down yelling Hooooo- Hoooooo. I'm getting crunk just thinking about it. Lol! Go Lobos!

Game day Lobos! Please play lights out and bring home the W. To the fans, we are bringing back the lobo bounce so no matter where you are sitting, don't forget to bounce everytime we score. Even if it is a FG. Maybe this will motivate the boys to play harder. Spread the word. For those who don't know, the lobo bounce was started by the Lee Jackson and the Class of 98 during our state run that year. All you do is jump up and down yelling Hooooo- Hoooooo. I'm getting crunk just thinking about it. Lol! Go Lobos!
It's "Ohh"..... and not "Hoo". LOL! "Ohh", is short for Uh-Oh as in you're in trouble now or here we come. Depending on where we are in the game (Ahead or Behind) it can be interpreted in that matter as such.Anyway, that's not a bad idea. But, the band tried to let's say..... Resurrect the Lobo Bounce about a year or two ago and only a SELECT few fans KNEW what was going on. And, even when the new generation Lobo Band attempted the Lobo Bounce beat to jup it off it sounded HORRIBLE. I gave them credit for trying but, it was all off beat and a lot of new fans were looking around as if to say, "What in the hell is going on here and WHAT is it!!!???" I wanted to join in and start the bounce that day but, it was way, way, way too embarrassing but, hilarious to see them attempt it. Here's the problem in a nutshell. When our generation of fans in 1997 followed us, it was very, special. The "Lobo Bounce" was created by one individual but, our fans back THEN gave it LIFE by their sheer dedication, enthusiasm, spirit and love. It was something that until this day can NEVER be duplicated. And, it has nothing to do with the beat. What I'm talking about is, PASSION. Hey, only a few programs are fortunate enough to have special fans that can generate a plethora of energy into the team and the '97 fans and athletes had, 'IT'!!! Either you have 'IT' or you don't. And, this group of fans and athletes don't. And, it does not mean that we don't have a good fan base now or the ones we have now aren't any good. It's just that when you compare the FANS and ATHLETES from 1997 to what we have RIGHT NOW there is NO COMPARISON. It's like night and day!

It's "Ohh"..... and not "Hoo". LOL! "Ohh", is short for Uh-Oh as in you're in trouble now or here we come. Depending on where we are in the game (Ahead or Behind) it can be interpreted in that matter as such.Anyway, that's not a bad idea. But, the band tried to let's say..... Resurrect the Lobo Bounce about a year or two ago and only a SELECT few fans KNEW what was going on. And, even when the new generation Lobo Band attempted the Lobo Bounce beat to jup it off it sounded HORRIBLE. I gave them credit for trying but, it was all off beat and a lot of new fans were looking around as if to say, "What in the hell is going on here and WHAT is it!!!???" I wanted to join in and start the bounce that day but, it was way, way, way too embarrassing but, hilarious to see them attempt it. Here's the problem in a nutshell. When our generation of fans in 1997 followed us, it was very, special. The "Lobo Bounce" was created by one individual but, our fans back THEN gave it LIFE by their sheer dedication, enthusiasm, spirit and love. It was something that until this day can NEVER be duplicated. And, it has nothing to do with the beat. What I'm talking about is, PASSION. Hey, only a few programs are fortunate enough to have special fans that can generate a plethora of energy into the team and the '97 fans and athletes had, 'IT'!!! Either you have 'IT' or you don't. And, this group of fans and athletes don't. And, it does not mean that we don't have a good fan base now or the ones we have now aren't any good. It's just that when you compare the FANS and ATHLETES from 1997 to what we have RIGHT NOW there is NO COMPARISON. It's like night and day!

My bad, ohh....ohh.... Lol! Like wild tiger said, it has to start somewhere. I agree, our fan base back then was special but there is no harm in trying to recreate it. We don't need the band to do this. I gave up on that band a long time ago. All we can do is try it today and see what happens. If you are at the game will you paticipate?