Longview 28 Carrollton Newman Smith 25 (Final)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Newman Smith Trojans (10-2)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Newman Smith in a close one
    • Newman Smith in a blow out

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they haven't played a team like Waxahachie with the exception of Lufkin.

And what kind of team is that?

A team that has speed and likes to control the pace of the football game with their running game? Nope. We've never played a team like that before. Ever.

And what kind of team is that?

A team that has speed and likes to control the pace of the football game with their running game? Nope. We've never played a team like that before. Ever.

Like I said, with the exception of Lufkin, nope you haven't. You've faced teams that like to do it but it doesn't mean they do it. We'll do it consistently for 48 minutes.

Let me just remind you that HP beat Newman Smith 56-35 and we beat HP 49-35. Not to mention we beat Midway 34-21 (was 34-13 late in the game) compared to Longview's 14-13 win. Longview has a good team but they haven't played a team like Waxahachie with the exception of Lufkin.

Have you seen Lufkin play? If you have not which I don't think you have how do you know anything about Lufkin?????????

Like I said, with the exception of Lufkin, nope you haven't. You've faced teams that like to do it but it doesn't mean they do it. We'll do it consistently for 48 minutes.

Doesn't hurt that our defense practices against that type of team every day, I guess.

I do think it's funny to actually try and compare scores as a reason for why Waxahachie will beat Longview. It's the most pointless argument to make and shouldn't even be brought up IMO. But this thread is about Newman Smith not Waxahachie so I won't go into much more on here.

Great game today Lobos. Defense played fantastic in the 4th and won it for us, no doubt.

Lufkin is hardly a grind it out team. I'd even venture to say Allen is better, and more of a "grind it out" kinda team.

You can compare scores of common opponents all you want, but the transitive property has never held in football games.

Have you seen Lufkin play? If you have not which I don't think you have how do you know anything about Lufkin?????????

Not in person but on film.

Lobo07, I know I'm not going to convince you. We'll just wait and see it all develop on the field next Saturday night.

Not in person but on film.

Lobo07, I know I'm not going to convince you. We'll just wait and see it all develop on the field next Saturday night.

So which part of Lufkin's offense did you see that made you think they are a team that grinds it out and controls the clock?

Let me just remind you that HP beat Newman Smith 56-35 and we beat HP 49-35. Not to mention we beat Midway 34-21 (was 34-13 late in the game) compared to Longview's 14-13 win. Longview has a good team but they haven't played a team like Waxahachie with the exception of Lufkin.

You can't compare reg season scores with playoff scores. Totally different animal.

Lufkin is hardly a grind it out team. I'd even venture to say Allen is better, and more of a "grind it out" kinda team.

You can compare scores of common opponents all you want, but the transitive property has never held in football games.

Never said Lufkin was a grind it out team. Seems like you guys like to compare scores until the outcome is not in your favor. Common scores don't provide an absolute outcome but they do provide insight on what lies ahead.

Never said Lufkin was a grind it out team. Seems like you guys like to compare scores until the outcome is not in your favor. Common scores don't provide an absolute outcome but they do provide insight on what lies ahead.

Okay, I guess I should bring up the fact that Waxahachie escaped vs Corsicana 21-14. The same Corsicana team that Marshall blew out of the water?

Seriously, it has nothing to do with the game coming up. Mismatches exist and some teams are better-fitted to take down a certain type of team.

Common scores don't provide an absolute outcome but they do provide insight on what lies ahead.

Teams play different in the playoffs than the reg season. Some get conservative, some really change up the playbook, some move it up to a totally different level ( SS) .

Okay, I guess I should bring up the fact that Waxahachie escaped vs Corsicana 21-14. The same Corsicana team that Marshall blew out of the water?

Seriously, it has nothing to do with the game coming up. Mismatches exist and some teams are better-fitted to take down a certain type of team.

I'll tell you flat out we didn't play well in 2 back-to-back games this year, Cleburne and Corsicana. Plain and simple. Play those games over and I think you see a totally different outcome.

Great game Saturday, but would someone from Corsicana please explain to me the ridiculous method that is used to empty the parking lot after the game. That by far is the most puzzling way to have traffic leave a stadium that I have ever seen!! Unless you leave 20 minutes before the end of the game you will be there about an hour getting out!!