NO LIE

ttowngrad

yes, there are cougars around here, just no "black panthers"

What alot of people see is a jaguarundi....google a picture of it

had a game warden in palestine call me several yrs ago to come and catch one but I didn't.

cougars/mt lions around here don't have the gene to produce black fur.

Ask yourself, if so many people say they have seen a "black panther" then why has nobody ever killed one or even got a picture of one to show....only "visual"sightings", no documentation

Cougars do have melanin. Otherwise they wouldn't have dark hair on their face. Melanistic cougars are possible especially in low populations where inbreeding is likely to occur. Inbreeding increases the chances of producing melanistic offspring. Melanism is not actually black it is just darker brown shades. Although there are no documented "black" cougars to date, I expect with this technological age that one will eventually be documented.

Cougars do have melanin. Otherwise they wouldn't have dark hair on their face. Melanistic cougars are possible especially in low populations where inbreeding is likely to occur. Inbreeding increases the chances of producing melanistic offspring. Melanism is not actually black it is just darker brown shades. Although there are no documented "black" cougars to date, I expect with this technological age that one will eventually be documented.

The only "documented" big cat that can be black is a jaguar.

Sack you familiar with this photo? Was from a friend of a friend so I was not going to get real specific, that said you are right.

I'm familiar with it. It was taken by one of my neighbor's game cams about a mile away from my house! Marty Davis got it on his game cam and then it made the Panola Watchman and somehow you got a hold of it. Been going around here for about a month now. If you want to see the area on Google Earth it is close to these coordinates: 32° 9'34.84"N 94°10'29.71"W in Deadwood, Texas.