Cowboys vs Saints

Two way street....Dallas has had some close games to sub-par teams. NO has struggled against sub-par teams and come back to win. This game promises to be a good one if Dallas offense is balanced and working and the defense is in top form. The key for Dallas, I believe, is to keep Drew on the sidelines with long, sustained, scoring drives.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two way street....Dallas has had some close games to sub-par teams. NO has struggled against sub-par teams and come back to win. This game promises to be a good one if Dallas offense is balanced and working and the defense is in top form. The key for Dallas, I believe, is to keep Drew on the sidelines with long, sustained, scoring drives.

Well said...The cowboys certainly have the potential to beat NO. They just havent showed enough to make them the favorite against a undefeated team at their house...Should be a good game though.

i agree. the saints are whats up this year and dallas doesnt stand a chance... and when they played the giants and the falcons it started their losing streak and when they beat the jets they were undefeted. and dallas has had some close games by some sorry teams too the redskins 7-6 come on now i really dont see romo standing a chance against the saints defense and brees is going to blow the cowboys defense out of the water. the saints are 10-0 that says alot i mean yeah they may have played some bad teams but they have also played some good ones and they are legit this year. i think NE has it coming to them as well. they better be on their A game, because the saints are marching in :)

For one thing if you have kept up any on NFL then you should realize that you can throw records out when playing divisional rivals such as Washington, New York and Phila. So your remark about Dallas - Washington carries no weight. I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses if Dallas beats N.O.

For one thing if you have kept up any on NFL then you should realize that you can throw records out when playing divisional rivals such as Washington, New York and Phila. So your remark about Dallas - Washington carries no weight. I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses if Dallas beats N.O.

If Dallas gets beat, we already know what your excuse will be. "The Saints were lucky" :rofl: :rant: :w00t:

If Dallas gets beat, we already know what your excuse will be. "The Saints were lucky" :rofl: :rant: :w00t:

Never said N.O. wasn't any good. I just don't think they will beat Dallas. Yes they have been lucky this year. Just like Dallas has been unlucky in a couple games. Contrary to what you may believe... luck has a play in every game. It's not all about preparation or talent or coaching. :bangin:

Never said N.O. wasn't any good. I just don't think they will beat Dallas. Yes they have been lucky this year. Just like Dallas has been unlucky in a couple games. Contrary to what you may believe... luck has a play in every game. It's not all about preparation or talent or coaching. :bangin:

Maybe the Saints make their own luck with their effort. Too bad the Cowboys can't do the same. Its kinda hard when your "leader" is a crybaby.

Maybe the Saints make their own luck with their effort. Too bad the Cowboys can't do the same. Its kinda hard when your "leader" is a crybaby.

Word to the Wise... Dallas more than matches N.O. with their effort.

And no Peyton Manning is not my leader and he does not play for Dallas!

Romo needs to be a leader, and he can't be crying in the towel this year. He needs to put the ball on the mark, and if he can't that's not luck.

I'm getting tired head of this luck business. When has luck ever helped anyone out, except a lottery or some sort of drawing ?

Even a die hard gambler knows that it's odds and mathematics. Every coach I have ever read, never depends on luck. Except maybe Bum and Wade Phillips. There isn't one team in the world that thinks luck brings them anything. Hard work, givinging all you've got, paying the price, blood, sweat, and tears, but never luck.

I have my doubts about the Cowboys. They seem to be listening to your type of logic.

Romo needs to be a leader, and he can't be crying in the towel this year. He needs to put the ball on the mark, and if he can't that's not luck.

I'm getting tired head of this luck business. When has luck ever helped anyone out, except a lottery or some sort of drawing ?

Even a die hard gambler knows that it's odds and mathematics. Every coach I have ever read, never depends on luck. Except maybe Bum and Wade Phillips. There isn't one team in the world that thinks luck brings them anything. Hard work, givinging all you've got, paying the price, blood, sweat, and tears, but never luck.

I have my doubts about the Cowboys. They seem to be listening to your type of logic.

I have never ever said that the Cowboys or any other team depends on luck. Nor have I said the coaches depend on it. My statement is true whether you admit it or not. Teams have luck go with them and against them at every game.

I am a cowboys fan but i dont think this is true...Its laziness that has cost Williams his number 1 target status. And the he cries about it...Nothing good will come from that. If you havent seen it, when Austin doesnt get his touches the offense plays bad, examples are GB and Washington. Two games after Williams did his crying about touches and Romo tried too hard to get it to him in those games. Romo just let the game come to him and the it showed against the raiders and Austin had a another good game. But Williams and Crayton definitly play lazy at times. There may be saints who do too but when Brees doesnt throw them the ball you dont see them being a distraction about it. They just run harder next week if they want the ball...

I sense a bit of confusion on your part. You seem to be putting in "luck" in a context that can only be negative, when you say "When has luck ever helped anyone out?". You then acknowledge in the very next paragraph that luck is merely an application of probability.

But random events in probability can be positive depending on your perspective, and aren't wholly influenced by how well a team prepares. Every team benefits from luck, and every team suffers from it as well.

The Patriots "got lucky" with the Tuck Rule that got them in the Super Bowl. Teams go through losing and getting players from injuries - every team would love not to have them, but they have little say in the matter.

Another example, again of the Patriots - When Hoody Bill infamously decides to go for it on 4th and 2 from his own side of the field, knowing that the Colts need a touchdown...he's hoping to be on the right side of a sub-60% chance of conversion (Bill and others that defended him failed to note that the Colts still have one of the best defenses in the league). Statistically it's a wash, but he "gambled" and lost. How well his team prepares for this scenario still cannot remove probability and random events from this. Death and taxes will always have company in this regard.

I am a cowboys fan but i dont think this is true...Its laziness that has cost Williams his number 1 target status. And the he cries about it...Nothing good will come from that. If you havent seen it, when Austin doesnt get his touches the offense plays bad, examples are GB and Washington. Two games after Williams did his crying about touches and Romo tried too hard to get it to him in those games. Romo just let the game come to him and the it showed against the raiders and Austin had a another good game. But Williams and Crayton definitly play lazy at times. There may be saints who do too but when Brees doesnt throw them the ball you dont see them being a distraction about it. They just run harder next week if they want the ball...

Interesting that you seem to know what goes on in the huddle and on the sidelines. My understanding is most receivers "lobby" for getting the ball thrown to them. It seems to go with the territory of being a receiver. Crying about it might be too strong of a word. Austin will be more outspoken with more experience. The media and some of you guys make too much about who's considered #1 receiver. Williams from what I've seen accepts his role and is just trying to improve. It'll happen. Also, not that I agree with it, but most all receivers take plays off. Some go down and block better than others. Williams and Crayton do that most of the time. I've seen Colts and Saints receivers do it also.

I say your mistaken about the correlation with Austin's touches as to the success of Dallas. I say it's because the running game was established first against Oakland and they played the pass off the run. Big difference in playing the run off the pass. I'm not just talking running the ball for the sake of running it. Dallas has their most success with the run as their go to play. The pass complements that well when they do. When your moving the ball well running, it will open up lots of opportunities passing.

Interesting that you seem to know what goes on in the huddle and on the sidelines. My understanding is most receivers "lobby" for getting the ball thrown to them. It seems to go with the territory of being a receiver. Crying about it might be too strong of a word. Austin will be more outspoken with more experience. The media and some of you guys make too much about who's considered #1 receiver. Williams from what I've seen accepts his role and is just trying to improve. It'll happen. Also, not that I agree with it, but most all receivers take plays off. Some go down and block better than others. Williams and Crayton do that most of the time. I've seen Colts and Saints receivers do it also.

I say your mistaken about the correlation with Austin's touches as to the success of Dallas. I say it's because the running game was established first against Oakland and they played the pass off the run. Big difference in playing the run off the pass. I'm not just talking running the ball for the sake of running it. Dallas has their most success with the run as their go to play. The pass complements that well when they do. When your moving the ball well running, it will open up lots of opportunities passing.

You dont have to be on the sidelines when he announces in a press conference he isnt happy about it. I dont care how good you are that selfish and shouldnt happen. If he wants to take romo out to eat for every td he gets thats one thing but to briing it out and bash your qb in public is a complete other. And for the laziness i was refering to the way he runs his routes and looks the ball in. Austin is better at that and so he gets open more, get more #### thrown his way, and catches more of them than Williams does.

You dont have to be on the sidelines when he announces in a press conference he isnt happy about it. I dont care how good you are that selfish and shouldnt happen. If he wants to take romo out to eat for every td he gets thats one thing but to briing it out and bash your qb in public is a complete other. And for the laziness i was refering to the way he runs his routes and looks the ball in. Austin is better at that and so he gets open more, get more #### thrown his way, and catches more of them than Williams does.

The interview I heard .... he was not bashing on Romo. He was complaining yes, but about the whole situation. He was showing concern that they are not on the same page and he did not know what was wrong. His comment was as much to do with him as Romo. You may have heard more interviews than me so I can't speak of what you were listening to. All receivers want the ball and WILL tell everyone. They'll even claim they are open when they were not.

The interview I heard .... he was not bashing on Romo. He was complaining yes, but about the whole situation. He was showing concern that they are not on the same page and he did not know what was wrong. His comment was as much to do with him as Romo. You may have heard more interviews than me so I can't speak of what you were listening to. All receivers want the ball and WILL tell everyone. They'll even claim they are open when they were not.

i havent seen Austin do it...I havent seen any of the saints or colts receivers do it...Im not trying to argue with you about what is best for the cowboys or whatever. AS long as they are winning i dont care. Problem is the cowboys were playing their best football when that interview happened. If they were on a losing streak i understand...But dont complain when your team is winning. THAT is selfish IMO. Your team is hot and you complain. And it just so happens the week after that interview the offense stalls and Austin only catches a couple of throws while Williams drops a couple more. Im not buying it...Dont fix what aint broken. If you dont like who Romo throws to than get open more and make him see it. A guy like Favre or Brees or Brady would have set him straight. Romo doesnt really know the best way to handle that yet.

i havent seen Austin do it...I havent seen any of the saints or colts receivers do it...Im not trying to argue with you about what is best for the cowboys or whatever. AS long as they are winning i dont care. Problem is the cowboys were playing their best football when that interview happened. If they were on a losing streak i understand...But dont complain when your team is winning. THAT is selfish IMO. Your team is hot and you complain. And it just so happens the week after that interview the offense stalls and Austin only catches a couple of throws while Williams drops a couple more. Im not buying it...Dont fix what aint broken. If you dont like who Romo throws to than get open more and make him see it. A guy like Favre or Brees or Brady would have set him straight. Romo doesnt really know the best way to handle that yet.

I guess I still don't recall the interview your talking about. So I'll leave it alone. I do agree it looks like Romo might not know the best way to handle some things. But, do we really know he's not addressing it behind closed doors. Which is the way it should be if he is doing it.

I guess I still don't recall the interview your talking about. So I'll leave it alone. I do agree it looks like Romo might not know the best way to handle some things. But, do we really know he's not addressing it behind closed doors. Which is the way it should be if he is doing it.

I meant that you can tell he is forcing throws to williams since the interview. Something he didnt do earlier. That being said the way the saints are playing against new england right now i think they are silencing all the doubters...

Just being a realist...but will pull for the Cowboys all the way!

I think the Cowboys have a better Defense than New England and the D will be a huge factor when these two play. There gonna have to be able to get some stops against the Saints but it will be really hard. Gotta find a way to pressure Brees somehow.