Denison 35 Marshall 26 (Final)

Mavchamp

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questionable officiating (actually terrible).....questionalble play calling......a few dropped passes in critical situations.....but the main problem was a good Denison team.....much better than the first time I seen them this year.......I'm leaving the pressbox.......great season Marshall.....good job Denison.......

Yes it is very hard to win late in the playoffs when you can not throw the ball with much success and they can key totally on the run. Well coached team and it will be very difficult for us to play with them this year, but we will give it try. Great season Marshall, we will see you next week Denison. On to deal with Beast21 all week.

Well Well Well, Everyone get in line and have some crow. Didn't take long to find an excuse. Here is what happened. Marshall played a great Half of football, then in the second half. We ran zone 25 times down your throat and there was nothing you could do about it. Speed does you know good when your going backwards!! Good season and I will give you your deserving Good game!! You were without a doubt the best team we have seen this year. In closing SS, you want it you go it!!! The Denison Train continues to roll and your next!!! Get out of the way or get your your lunch box ready. You will need it!!!

Jackets 35

Marshall 26

how sweet it is!!!!

Well Well Well, Everyone get in line and have some crow. Didn't take long to find an excuse. Here is what happened. Marshall played a great Half of football, then in the second half. We ran zone 25 times down your throat and there was nothing you could do about it. Speed does you know good when your going backwards!! Good season and I will give you your deserving Good game!! You were without a doubt the best team we have seen this year. In closing SS, you want it you go it!!! The Denison Train continues to roll and your next!!! Get out of the way or get your your lunch box ready. You will need it!!!

Jackets 35

Marshall 26

how sweet it is!!!!

If I were the only one calling out the refs we would call them excuses, but when several people from several different towns all say the same thing we call em FACTS. Ive got another FACT for ya...Denison fans have proven to be the most classless Ive seen on THIS site this year. The Denison fans on www.etsupersite.com however, were very pleasant. Good luck with SS.

First off, congrats to the Mavs on a good season.

Secondly, I've never been more proud of a Jacket team than I am right now. They got behind in the first half and all of the wind was out of the crowd as they went into halftime. I think the schedule they've played hurt in the first half because I think they were taken aback by Marshall's talent. But they came out in the second half, they realized they were a good team too and they scratched, they clawed, they made big plays on offense and got big stops on defense (which, after seeing Marshall's backs rip off chunks of yards seemingly at will in the first half, was the most surprising thing). Hopefully they can keep it going next week and beyond.

Fortunately we aren't all like DTOWN. Even I find him hard to take.

Please don't think all of us Jacket fans are "classless". I never had anything bad to say about the Mavericks and I still don't. They are one heck of a team with ALOT of size and speed. I would not want to play them again. Congrats to the Jackets for hangin' in there and what a following from the fans. I have to say Denison won the crowd following. Denison is kind of banged up after this one so it will be interesting to see if they can heal up and get ready for another tough rematch with SS next week. Again, congrats Mavs on a great season and I as a fan have all the respect in the world for your program and your tradition. Jamaal # 1 is very elusive and the big OL he ran behind was just incredible. #69 is as big of an OL as I have seen!

Go Jackets!!!

If I were the only one calling out the refs we would call them excuses, but when several people from several different towns all say the same thing we call em FACTS. Ive got another FACT for ya...Denison fans have proven to be the most classless Ive seen on THIS site this year. The Denison fans on www.etsupersite.com however, were very pleasant. Good luck with SS.

It really is a shame that you judge an entire city population by the posting of two individuals. I've seen several very classy posts from mulitiple Denison residents here. If you want to know the truth, the trash talking was actually started by a couple of Marshall and SS fans. I went back and read the thread started by Beast21. The OP was a question about Marshall or Corsicana being able to stop Denison O. No smack talk. The next few posts consist of talk of how over rated Denison is. If you want to recheck that yourself then go HERE. Also, if some of you want to blame the officials instead of giving credit when it was earned then fine, whatever makes you feel better.

That being said, congratulations on a fine season Marshall. You were definitely in a complete different class from any team we at Denison have faced this year. It was an experience that should bode well for Denison as they try to continue the path to State.

Fortunately we aren't all like DTOWN. Even I find him hard to take.

Please don't think all of us Jacket fans are "classless". I never had anything bad to say about the Mavericks and I still don't. They are one heck of a team with ALOT of size and speed. I would not want to play them again. Congrats to the Jackets for hangin' in there and what a following from the fans. I have to say Denison won the crowd following. Denison is kind of banged up after this one so it will be interesting to see if they can heal up and get ready for another tough rematch with SS next week. Again, congrats Mavs on a great season and I as a fan have all the respect in the world for your program and your tradition. Jamaal # 1 is very elusive and the big OL he ran behind was just incredible. #69 is as big of an OL as I have seen!

Go Jackets!!!

I should have chosen my words a little more carefully, and I do apologize for blanketing all Denison fans with my comment. Im sure a couple bad apples are not representative of the Denison fan base. Good luck with SS.

This Denison squad is a very tough bunch. I would say all the massey ratings etc are right on. These 2 teams could play 10 times and probably split the series 5-5.

A few bad breaks for Marshall, (1) a misjudged coverage by our safety and (2) 2 extremely horrible pass interference calls against the Mavs. (3) a running clock at the end of the first half when our RB clearly went out of bounds (What the heck is up with that???)

Our fans finally showed up to a game. However, most of them left with us down by 9 and 2 timeouts left and 6 minutes left. Dear fans, we got the ball back... the game was not over, until the interception.

Good season Mavs. Good luck Denison. Good luck Sulphur Spings.

This Denison squad is a very tough bunch. I would say all the massey ratings etc are right on. These 2 teams could play 10 times and probably split the series 5-5.

A few bad breaks for Marshall, (1) a misjudged coverage by our safety and (2) 2 extremely horrible pass interference calls against the Mavs. (3) a running clock at the end of the first half when our RB clearly went out of bounds (What the heck is up with that???)

Our fans finally showed up to a game. However, most of them left with us down by 9 and 2 timeouts left and 6 minutes left. Dear fans, we got the ball back... the game was not over, until the interception.

Good season Mavs. Good luck Denison. Good luck Sulphur Spings.

you get beat by the better team

Guest Sideliner

Thanks for the great season Mavs. The ride was well worth the price of admission.

Denison played lights out in the second half and we did not answer. Mavs got beat by a great team today and Denison deserved the win. Only problem I have with the game was the decision to go for it on fourth instead of punting late in the fourth quarter and pinning them deep in their territory. Game changer, no doubt.

Good Luck Denison, go on and win state.

Thanks for the great season Mavs. The ride was well worth the price of admission.

Denison played lights out in the second half and we did not answer. Mavs got beat by a great team today and Denison deserved the win. Only problem I have with the game was the decision to go for it on fourth instead of punting late in the fourth quarter and pinning them deep in their territory. Game changer, no doubt.

Good Luck Denison, go on and win state.

did you pick up some stuff that TryMe was smokin??????????

Guest Sideliner
i smell EXCUSES, you get BEAT by the BETTER team eat your crow and shut your mouth.

Show some respect and you will get some. There was no crow for either team today as they were both winners in a great game.

Congrats to Denison on the big win. You guys played an outstanding second half. Both teams had plenty of big plays, but Denison had 2 more than we did.

A HUGE thank you to the Mavs on a GREAT season when no one was giving us much of a chance to do anything. At the end of the day....we were one of VERY few 4A schools in the state still playing.

You have unheld the tradition of Maverick football well.....and deserve to go down in history as one of the top teams in Mav history.

See ya'll next year!!!! I can't wait already!

i smell EXCUSES, you get BEAT by the BETTER team eat your crow and shut your mouth.

We got beat. Not by a better team. We got beat by the better team at that time on that day. That's how football works.

If you want my real opinion, here it is:

1) Denison is much slower than advertised.

2) Much bigger than advertised

3) They play with alot of heart

4) They are cocky

5) Their QB is under rated.

6) They are still pretty slow.

7) They did not make mistakes and that is what won them the game.