Denison 35 Marshall 26 (Final)

Mavchamp

QUOTE (Mavchamp @ Nov 23 2009, 05:17 PM)

Just out of curiosity..... why would someone from Harleton (15 mins from Marshall) pick Denison??

Makes it seem like there is an axe to grind. JMHO.

No axe, but I'm not gonna make a pick based on driving distance. I just think Denison will be too much for the Mavericks...

Sorry, Mavchamp, and by the way, no kids to transfer from Marshall so they can play-Mavs were just outmanned.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., I'm usually not like this, but:

WHAT NOW?!?!?!?

I guess Denison is the bst team that SOME people in Marshall have never heard of!!!!!

I agree, it will be VERY difficult for them to win it all, but they DO have enough talent to do it. But it's murderer's row starting with this game. SS will be hard to beat, although I think the kids in Denison will get it done mainly in revenge of the embarassment they suffered at the hands of SS last yr. But after that, Aledo/Everman will be a VERY difficult game to win. good news is the winner has a great chance at winning the title, assuming, of course, they stay healthy.

BTW- I saw Marshall play in 7 on 7 this year, and I thought they were the 2nd best team I saw (Carthage was best), I was not surprised that this "rebuilding year" turned out to be a third round playoff team. Of course, 7 on 7 is not always a good indicator of how good teams will be, but...this time it was pretty accurate. Marshall has two more great years (at least) in front of them. I can promise you that if they meet again in the playoffs next year, I will not be as confident in the Yellowjackets!

O.K., I'm usually not like this, but:

WHAT NOW?!?!?!?

I guess Denison is the bst team that SOME people in Marshall have never heard of!!!!!

I agree, it will be VERY difficult for them to win it all, but they DO have enough talent to do it. But it's murderer's row starting with this game. SS will be hard to beat, although I think the kids in Denison will get it done mainly in revenge of the embarassment they suffered at the hands of SS last yr. But after that, Aledo/Everman will be a VERY difficult game to win. good news is the winner has a great chance at winning the title, assuming, of course, they stay healthy.

BTW- I saw Marshall play in 7 on 7 this year, and I thought they were the 2nd best team I saw (Carthage was best), I was not surprised that this "rebuilding year" turned out to be a third round playoff team. Of course, 7 on 7 is not always a good indicator of how good teams will be, but...this time it was pretty accurate. Marshall has two more great years (at least) in front of them. I can promise you that if they meet again in the playoffs next year, I will not be as confident in the Yellowjackets!

Denison will have to win this year. Too many losses of personel.. Go Jackets!!

Anyone that hadn't heard of Denison PRIOR to the last two seasons is eithe NEW or not keeping up.

I saw Denison play several times in the 90's when they were making some of their runs. They are a program steeped in winning.

I feel like the same could be said about Marshall.

Two quality programs met, they battled tooth and nail, and the better team won.

Should Denison beat SS this week....I'll be pulling for them. But (even if my Mavs had won) I have a feeling Brenham is a team of destiny...and they want what they missed last season. Gonna be hard for anyone to beat them. Everman and Aledo won't be easy either....and they are no strangers to winning either.

have been away because my computer broke...just wanted to come on here and tell denison congrats. marshall is a hard team to beat in general...much less when they are ahead. my crow is delicious. (not really)

good luck to denison the rest of the way but i wish SS the best of luck also.