Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

I think that SS has started clicking and has a lot of momentum on their side right now. I also think that Denison is a great team this year (I got to see them play Marshall). I believe that SS has played about 3 or 4 teams with better defenses this year. Denison is one of the top offenses they've seen. SS defense has been pretty solid all year, while the offense has been up and down. However, lately the offense has been staying on up. If they do this, they will score points. I believe the defense will make plenty of plays and keep the game close. It will come down to the end. SS's group has more playoff experience, have to go with them. I think the score will probably be somewhere around 38-35, with a late TD for the win.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Sorry. I'm more than willing to keep it to football talk. I've just grown tired of some posters pointing out Denison fans as classless while ignoring their own. I'd prefer to talk football, but I WILL defend my family, friends, and neighbors.

Back on topic, I don't think all of the Denison injuries were as serious as originally thought.

Not as serious as origionally thought? Geesh Truefan, I would have rather you continued argueing aimlessly than have to read that! lol Just kidding, and the truth is we all let people get under our skin on here. No doubt Denison, Marshall and Sulphur Springs have great fans though and we all have a bond that is a passion for the game that should take presidence over the few loud mouths that care about themselves more than their communities good names.

It should be a fun game to watch. I doubt either team will win by more than 10. If SS can get a 4th quarter turnover, which has happened a few times this year, they should pull away with it. Also, Colton Lee will need to play another good game and minimize turnovers. I personally wanted to see a 13-4a rematch, but as a Sulphur Springs fan, I think it would have been a tougher game, matchup wise, for the Wildcats.

Sulphur Springs-31 Denison-21

Man I'm more pumped than ever for this and its still a whole week away, this is gonna be a long week!

SS last friday didn't do as well as I hoped they would, in the first half they were on fire, but they let it get to them and Frisco L came back and made it a little to close. Saturday they need to start out on fire, and end the same way. The Yellow Jackets will be coming for revenge and they will take advantage of every mistake we make.

The stats mean nothing for games with attitude behind them. And "who's picked to win" means even less as SS proved that last year all during playoff's.

IMO this is the Game of the Week by far.

Dont forget 2 of THE denison football players dislocated their shoulders during that game. IM not sure how serious the running backs was but the linebackers sat him on the bench the 2nd half. Without that running back just stop the QB and you will come out on top SS...

Don't worry. Runningback just had a brief stinger (not dislocation as you stated). He's fine.

Don't worry. Runningback just had a brief stinger (not dislocation as you stated). He's fine.

I won't believe that any of them are out until I see them on the sidelines without pads come 2 PM Saturday.

You always have to prepare as the other team is 100% healthy.

Yeah, dont feed into injuries until u see them on the sidelines with their pads off. just need to study film and practice practice practice. Lets get that win Cats!!! I honestly think if ss defense can limit the big play we can pull it out! ALL 4 QUARTERS GUYS!!! The sacrifices you make will pay off in the end! GO SHOW THE STATE WE DONT NEED TYRIK AND RYAN JUST TO BE THAT TEAM!! GO SHOW EM WHAT SST IS MADE OF BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

Yeah, dont feed into injuries until u see them on the sidelines with their pads off. just need to study film and practice practice practice. Lets get that win Cats!!! I honestly think if ss defense can limit the big play we can pull it out! ALL 4 QUARTERS GUYS!!! The sacrifices you make will pay off in the end! GO SHOW THE STATE WE DONT NEED TYRIK AND RYAN JUST TO BE THAT TEAM!! GO SHOW EM WHAT SST IS MADE OF BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

Your going to need more than what you have. BEAST is fine and ready to roll over some wildcats. All you mav fans jump on someone's bandwagon, maybe along with SS fans you can bring enough fans to match the Denison following(Tremendous fanbase, thanks to all of you).

Your going to need more than what you have. BEAST is fine and ready to roll over some wildcats. All you mav fans jump on someone's bandwagon, maybe along with SS fans you can bring enough fans to match the Denison following(Tremendous fanbase, thanks to all of you).

We have each other's back in our district. Denison fans turn out in huge numbers, but Sulphur seems like they do the same. Denison is a tough team and will be a good test to really see if Sulphur Springs have things on the right track.

SS by 2??

I'm sorry....I know you have to back your team, or in this case, your district, but the guy picking SS by 2 is a Marshall fan. Didn't your team just dismantle this SS team 5 weeks ago by 40? Not 4...40 !!!! Bad night or not, numbers don't lie.

The only prediction I have seen by a neutral party is on texashsfootball.com and they have Denison by 17.

I will say Denison by 14-20, as well. Are offense was stifled (we only had 35 points)Saturday by a very, very fast defense. Would you say SS defense is equally as fast ? I know Bryant Jackson is a stud and Dial seems to be a recruited player, but are we to believe that in 5-6 weeks the SS wildcats have transformed into this juggernaut from the team that was blown out in its own stadium by the team we just beat ?

I'm sorry....I know you have to back your team, or in this case, your district, but the guy picking SS by 2 is a Marshall fan. Didn't your team just dismantle this SS team 5 weeks ago by 40? Not 4...40 !!!! Bad night or not, numbers don't lie.

The only prediction I have seen by a neutral party is on texashsfootball.com and they have Denison by 17.

I will say Denison by 14-20, as well. Are offense was stifled (we only had 35 points)Saturday by a very, very fast defense. Would you say SS defense is equally as fast ? I know Bryant Jackson is a stud and Dial seems to be a recruited player, but are we to believe that in 5-6 weeks the SS wildcats have transformed into this juggernaut from the team that was blown out in its own stadium by the team we just beat ?

I have been waiting for this post. Yes you are much better then we are so do not worry about it. You will win by at least 20 points, we will probably just give you the game. We are not very good at all. So I really hope that all of the fans and team think this, because this is the same thing that we heard last year from your team and your fans. However, we will come to play and your overconfidence will take you down. We did not hit our stride and get that bounce in our step and open our offense up until the playoffs hit and you will see a different TEAM then you have been following all year. Believe me these fans from Marshall on here know their football and know how tough of a road our district is to get through. You were given two touchdowns last week and Marshall did not make the adjustments on defense in the second half. I believe that we have just as much team speed on defense as anyone. We do not have the overall team speed on offense, but we have alot of speed and know how to use it. What makes us tough is the fact that we have hit our stride as a TEAM and we have our swagger back and this TEAM is tired of being compared to last year and they are ready to prove that they can win it all also. They are a different TEAM then last year, but let it that when they get through you will know that this TEAM has arrived and is ready to make a name of their own. So beware letting your couple of BEAST and your record overload your ability to beat this TEAM up. Cats by 7 to 10.

Minor correction: game was played in Mt. Pleasant, not SS. Just one of the factors that led to a horrible game as has already been established here.

I have been waiting for this post. Yes you are much better then we are so do not worry about it. You will win by at least 20 points, we will probably just give you the game. We are not very good at all. So I really hope that all of the fans and team think this, because this is the same thing that we heard last year from your team and your fans. However, we will come to play and your overconfidence will take you down. We did not hit our stride and get that bounce in our step and open our offense up until the playoffs hit and you will see a different TEAM then you have been following all year. Believe me these fans from Marshall on here know their football and know how tough of a road our district is to get through. You were given two touchdowns last week and Marshall did not make the adjustments on defense in the second half. I believe that we have just as much team speed on defense as anyone. We do not have the overall team speed on offense, but we have alot of speed and know how to use it. What makes us tough is the fact that we have hit our stride as a TEAM and we have our swagger back and this TEAM is tired of being compared to last year and they are ready to prove that they can win it all also. They are a different TEAM then last year, but let it that when they get through you will know that this TEAM has arrived and is ready to make a name of their own. So beware letting your couple of BEAST and your record overload your ability to beat this TEAM up. Cats by 7 to 10.

That's odd. Reading this post, one would think you guys didn't have to come from behind to beat a team with 5 losses in the final minutes of the game just last week. But let me guess... the STRIDE of the TEAM was just a LITTLE bit OFF last WEEK.

I HAVE to agree with your statement about this not being the same team Marshall saw, and that they didnt hit their stride until the playoffs rolled around. I say this simply because the SS team I saw 5 weeks ago would have been 1 and done in the playoffs. No disrespect at all, but they werent very good. They have gelled and put together a very nice run, and are now in the 4th round. I just have to believe this IS a different team with a determination to prove alot of people wrong.

Good luck SS!

You obviously missed the game because the Jackets weren't given anything. Every scoring drive they had started in their own territory and neither interception resulted in points so that's statement is pretty hard to believe.

It's nice to see that the other side has their BEAST21 as well.

Yes your right, We were beat by Marshall by a large margin, But imagine your a proud football player thats ready to show his town what he can do, and is then told he instead has to show Mt. Pleasant?? How are you supposed to play your senior night game your best with a giant yellow MP in the middle of the field??

And as I've said before "who's picked to win" means nothing. SS was picked to lose last year against:

Waxahachie, Denison, Rockwall Heath, and Everman, but we won anyway. And not barely, all solid wins.

And yes you are supposed to believe that, because we did the exact same thing last year. The team that won state is still here. Tyrick may have awesome stats and talent. But he can't get those stats unless he's got recievers to catch his passes and big linemen to protect him from sacks. And Colton has turned out to a very good quarterback and he can rush as good as a starting runningback. Were just as pumped as we could ever be and it would be a mistake to think were not as good as last year.

That's odd. Reading this post, one would think you guys didn't have to come from behind to beat a team with 5 losses in the final minutes of the game just last week. But let me guess... the STRIDE of the TEAM was just a LITTLE bit OFF last WEEK.

You are absolutely correct, the game should have never been that close, we should have one by at least 17 but had a few mishaps that let them take the lead for the 1st time with 3:48 left only to take it back with 1:28 left. So I guess the STRIDE of the TEAM was just a LITTLE bit OFF in the 4TH QUARTER last WEEK against the same team that DENISON only beat 28-20.

And yes we are the same team that got beat by Longview 45-0 and beat by Marshall 47-7 and beat by Texas High 17-9. SS learns from and improves from their mistakes and the games in the past are in the past and they don't rest their season on who beat them, who they beat or that another team beat a team that beat them. They actually go back and look at film, and adjust to the mistakes they have made.

You are absolutely correct, the game should have never been that close, we should have one by at least 17 but had a few mishaps that let them take the lead for the 1st time with 3:48 left only to take it back with 1:28 left. So I guess the STRIDE of the TEAM was just a LITTLE bit OFF in the 4TH QUARTER last WEEK against the same team that DENISON only beat 28-20.

And yes we are the same team that got beat by Longview 45-0 and beat by Marshall 47-7 and beat by Texas High 17-9. SS learns from and improves from their mistakes and the games in the past are in the past and they don't rest their season on who beat them, who they beat or that another team beat a team that beat them. They actually go back and look at film, and adjust to the mistakes they have made.

Indeed, we only beat them by 8.... two months ago. It's quite a bit different than doing it last week. Also, we had more than a "few mishaps" but we didn't have to come from behind to win. Furthermore, if you look at our season after that game, there are no more eight point victories because the very next week this team hit its STRIDE and it's yet to be broken. It took a team like Marshall to get us close to that, and Marshall is head and shoulders above Liberty. I'm sure you would agree on that. I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that a team that lost to Longview and Marshall by a combined score of 92-7 and almost lost to the #3 team in the supposedly weak 9-4A is suddenly going to rise up and roll over us. Last week somebody posted that we wouldn't finish in the top 4 of your district and then we go out and beat your second place team. Where would we finish now?

Honestly, the few SS fans that are talking heavy smack (and I'm not including the ones that believe their team will win but are realistic about it) remind me of a kid after you've already beaten one of his big brothers. It's hard not to roll your eyes. I get that you guys love east Texas football and I admire that (seriously) but for some of you, it's like football in east Texas is played by a breed of superhumans and everyone else are just mere mortals. It's one thing to think your team can win. It's another to think you are going to go out and roll a team (somebody here is picking SS 36-14, when we haven't scored below 35 since September) that just last week defeated a team that beat the snot out of you. Some of it has to be schtick.