Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute. SS has lost a few games. Find the post where I said the refs were the reason SS lost. What's more likely to happen is SS will win and your will take you 20 or "whatever" posts and go back to Denison.

What makes SS better than Marshall ??? Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Better Coaches ??? Looking for an honest answer not just hot air :banghead:

What makes SS better than Marshall ??? Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Better Coaches ??? Looking for an honest answer not just hot air :banghead:

First off, Nice name. Marshall has more speed and a better running game. SS has a better passing attack and more playoff experience. I seriously think this is going to be a close game. Big plays and turnovers will be the difference. No hot air.

Sulphur has some good recievers and a maturing QB. They may not be a better team than Marshall in alot of areas (Speed, size, etc.) but they make up for it in coaching, and their offensive scheme may look the same as Marshalls but they use it completely different.

They have good size on the D Line and also some pretty big recievers.

I think this game will turn out to be a much better game than most expect.

First off, Nice name. Marshall has more speed and a better running game. SS has a better passing attack and more playoff experience. I seriously think this is going to be a close game. Big plays and turnovers will be the difference. No hot air.

I dunno about playoff experience there... Just because yall went all the way last year thats a bold statement. Im rootin for you! Key the QB!! thats the key.... your gameplan is always good and im sure that SS will have an answer for Denison... They are a good football team but besides Marshall this is the first time they play tough teams back to back. It looked like they hadnt taken hits like that before as many people that were getting hurt. SS by 7

Guest jeffjam
I dunno about playoff experience there... Just because yall went all the way last year thats a bold statement. Im rootin for you! Key the QB!! thats the key.... your gameplan is always good and im sure that SS will have an answer for Denison... They are a good football team but they besides Marshall this is the first time they play tough teams back to back. It looked like they hadnt taken hits like that before as many people that were getting hurt. SS by 7

6 games last year? How much more playoff experience in a year can a team have??

Soccer tournament is cancelled and the youth league basketball try-outs will be moved. The only people left in town will be those who could not get the day off from Wal-Mart. :thumbdown:

SS side will be packed!

I hope everybody brings their noise-makers and is ready to yell for THE WILDCATS. :highfive: The Players really enjoy it when the stands get loud!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I used to live in SS about 13yrs ago back when James Cameron was Coach there Does SS have a large fan base?? I moved back to Denison I know that the jackets are well known for a huge huge fan following....

I admit I really hope not. I'd really like to see my hometown team continue on. If they win again I won't even care that you'll be hiding on another thread somewhere. Probably one titled "The refs were mean to us!"

Nah he'll be with the Marshall fans trying to figure out realignment.

We do have a huge fan base ... I expect us to travel very well this week. I also expect some of the other 13-4A fans will make their way to Ford and Kincaid staduim ... That should push our numbers up also.

I know that Dension travels very well and the fans are very loud ... I am confident the SS fans can meet that intensity. It really does have an effect on the game! This should be a great game to watch and experience this week.

I dont know if you were at hanby stadium in mesquite last Saturday we coverd up the whole visitors side and some of our fans had to sit over with Marshall, i do have 2 of my cousins going to the game Sat. but there die hard WILDCATS lol so were tryin to figure out where we can meet at like halftime. Also do u know If SS has an indoor practice facility?? Also is SS home or visitors??? :rolleyes:

I dunno about playoff experience there... Just because yall went all the way last year thats a bold statement. Im rootin for you! Key the QB!! thats the key.... your gameplan is always good and im sure that SS will have an answer for Denison... They are a good football team but besides Marshall this is the first time they play tough teams back to back. It looked like they hadnt taken hits like that before as many people that were getting hurt. SS by 7

Surprise, surprise, you and Mavslave jump on the ss bandwagon. Hasn't thump thump started?

The score was actually 48-13 and with no disrespect to Marshall, we did leave three touchdowns on teh field, and they fumbled on the first play from scrimmage and the ball bounced outside and they picked it up and ran for TD. They scored one TD late against alot of the 2nd string defense, but they were all in all much to fast for us the entire game, much like they were against you the first half. WE WILL BE BETTER SATURDAY or we will lose.

Interpretation: Sulphur Springs will lose and then i can come up with the best excuses as to what we left on the field and why we lost.

Ask Richardson Pearce how passing teams do against the Yellow Jacket D.

I'm sorry for not being more clear on the playoff experience comment. Looks like its already been cleared up though. SS appreciates the support. Heck of a season Mavs.