Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

Don't know if I would classify any teams with 5 or more losses as really good.

Has SS beaten anybody this year that didn't finish the season with less than 5 losses?

It is no fluke that they are in the State Quarterfinals here man. Who gives a care who these teams played in the past weeks. It all comes down to this game Saturday. ANYTHING can happen for EITHER team!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is no fluke that they are in the State Quarterfinals here man. Who gives a care who these teams played in the past weeks. It all comes down to this game Saturday. ANYTHING can happen for EITHER team!

I agree,they obviously have won when it actually mattered to get to this point and im hoping that they can win again here on saturday!!

You could have and probably did say the same things last year. True this is a different Team, but there are many of the same kids on this team that last year refused to lose. They were a three point underdog last year and they are a three point Massey and Harris underdog this year. They are seasoned, they are tried last year for Six games win or go home without a championship and this year counting the last district game they are tried four more games win or go home without a championship and they refuse to lose and go home. You may win, but it will not be because of any thing, record, or stat that you have doen in the past, it will be because you were better that day. As I have said before win or lose Denison will know that they have been in a war. They will be hit square in teh mouth and if they go down then SS will win if they are able to stay up and keep fighting then they may win. But mark my word they can be very proud if they do win because they will have beat a group of kids that for 10 straight games have refused to lose and go home without a championship.

I am most proud of this TEAM, because they have become a TEAM and very few people outside of SS really thought that they had a chance of ever becoming the TEAM that they have become. We will be ready to play and we will just like last year we will be very well prepared and we will give it the very best effort that we have and REFUSE TO LOSE AND GO HOME WITHOUT A CHAMPIONSHIP that day and that is the only day that matters. Saturday is coming GO CATS!!!!

And you somehow who is good and who is not. I agree that east texas has the best football and I would qulify that with north east texas actually. SS will win I was just trying to make the point that Denison has not really had to play all four quarters and SS has and should be in the better shape to handle all four quarters.

All we really have to go on is record and I don't know what the collective record is of the teams both teams have beaten, but I bet it is not great. That is not their fault, you can only play the teams on your schedule. Playoff team wise, I just see most of the really good teams being in Div I besides three or four. You guys are included in those by the way.

In D-I you probably only have to beat 3 or 4 good teams. But that is just the way it is in the watered down four playoff team system we have in place. Rarely does it actually get a good team in like in 13-4A.

You could have and probably did say the same things last year. True this is a different Team, but there are many of the same kids on this team that last year refused to lose. They were a three point underdog last year and they are a three point Massey and Harris underdog this year. They are seasoned, they are tried last year for Six games win or go home without a championship and this year counting the last district game they are tried four more games win or go home without a championship and they refuse to lose and go home. You may win, but it will not be because of any thing, record, or stat that you have doen in the past, it will be because you were better that day. As I have said before win or lose Denison will know that they have been in a war. They will be hit square in teh mouth and if they go down then SS will win if they are able to stay up and keep fighting then they may win. But mark my word they can be very proud if they do win because they will have beat a group of kids that for 10 straight games have refused to lose and go home without a championship.

I am most proud of this TEAM, because they have become a TEAM and very few people outside of SS really thought that they had a chance of ever becoming the TEAM that they have become. We will be ready to play and we will just like last year we will be very well prepared and we will give it the very best effort that we have and REFUSE TO LOSE AND GO HOME WITHOUT A CHAMPIONSHIP that day and that is the only day that matters. Saturday is coming GO CATS!!!!

And you tried to talk about Denison fans trying to sell something??

Yeah... they did. I think Beast21 and wildtigers should just start their own private thread. This one would be much cleaner and theirs would be of great entertainment value. :woohoo:

At least we have passion and seem to know a little bit about the team that we are talking about and football in general and do not have to compare records, stats, etc. Come on' man. Besides your thread would be very boring and have no real substance just speculation with no personal experience o back it up. I know what I have seen and that is what I talk about.

Welp...A little over 24hours until the game. After reading 18 pages of banter, I would say that these two teams are well supported. I truly love a one high school town. I would never want my child to attend high school in a town where they are just a number. Small towns make good kids, imo.

Now, after evaluating all of the numbers I could possibly find, I want to amend my earlier prediction that Denison would win this game by 3 touchdowns.

There is something about tradition and pride. SS has that. They are the champions until the scoreboard says otherwise. As I thought about that more and more throughout the week, I remembered the feeling that I had the night that Austin Westlake beat us in Waco the year after we won state. I was only 11 then, but I remember every detail about that night. Before the game, I thought there was no way we were gonna lose, and I think that is how SS fans feel. Well, when the 0:00 was on the board and we lost 17-0, I was in shock. I didn't sleep all the way home.

I think that the SS fans are indeed in for that same, sad trip home. But, they won't go without a fight.

My last thought on the topic until after the game....Denison 45 Sulpher Springs 35

See ya in Dallas.

:rolleyes:

At least we have passion and seem to know a little bit about the team that we are talking about and football in general and do not have to compare records, stats, etc. Come on' man. Besides your thread would be very boring and have no real substance just speculation with no personal experience o back it up. I know what I have seen and that is what I talk about.

we have passion to and we know alot about yall, especially me i know SS like the back of my hand.

i used to live there

Well let's see everyone wants to go off of stats and compare the two years and figure out a way that it will be different. Last year Denison averaged 47 points a game and scored 21. Last year Denison averaged giving up 19 points per game and gave up 42. Last year SS averaged 43 points per game and scored 42. Last year SS averaged giving up 31 points per game Denison scored 21. This year Denison has averaged 46 points per game and given up 20 points per game. This year SS has averaged 30 points per game and given up 21 points per game. Everything looks pretty equal to last year except SS gives up about the same less points that they score per game. So all things being equal, this game should be SS 29 Denison 12.

I will repeat that at this point everything that has happened before means nothing. It is the TEAM that is better prepared, performs up to their capabiities, wants it the most, and gets a break or two. These teams are pretty equal in my opinion and that is why we play the game. I will never convince you that SS is better and you will never convince me that Denison is better. That is up to the players and coaches. I can not wait.

The only common ground we have seen from these two teams are the Frisco Liberty games and Marshall games. SS put up more points on FL, but allowed more points in their win and Denison beat a Marshall team that punished SS (although anyone that saw that game would say that SS beat themselves during that game).

I'm not making excuses because Denison beat Liberty & Marshall. However, when Denison played Liberty they were only firing on two cylinders, now it's all four BABY!

The only common ground we have seen from these two teams are the Frisco Liberty games and Marshall games. SS put up more points on FL, but allowed more points in their win and Denison beat a Marshall team that punished SS (although anyone that saw that game would say that SS beat themselves during that game).

I'm not making excuses because Denison beat Liberty & Marshall. However, when Denison played Liberty they were only firing on two cylinders, now it's all four BABY!

Liberty was also firing on two cylinders at that point and had not figured out their true identity. Does not matter at this point.

okay, longview is in a class of their own. I will give you that one, but pretty much every other game this year the offensive line took care of business

I realize this is a SS forum and all but just because Marshall lost does not mean you should take credit away from them kicking your butt this year. SS did not beat themselves they got outplayed by a better team. So ease up on your statements there.

The offensive line didnt take care of business against Marshall either.

I am rooting for you SS but for people who have complained about fans being arrogant it sure seems you are falling into that category as well

The only common ground we have seen from these

Too bad they are going up against a V8 tomorrow. I can see the headline now.

"Wildcat Pest Control Stomps Out the yellow jacket Problem"

How many of you have sons playing? What a great experience for all of them. I hope my son is as mean and nasty as he can be to yours on the field but then commends them for a valiant effort afterwards before he celebrates?

"Blonde Bomber, if a bone ain't sticking out...tape an asprin to it and play"

(Kenny Stabler to Boomer Esiason)

okay, longview is in a class of their own. I will give you that one, but pretty much every other game this year the offensive line took care of business

I realize this is a SS forum and all but just because Marshall lost does not mean you should take credit away from them kicking your butt this year. SS did not beat themselves they got outplayed by a better team. So ease up on your statements there.

The offensive line didnt take care of business against Marshall either.

I am rooting for you SS but for people who have complained about fans being arrogant it sure seems you are falling into that category as well

I agree 100%. Mashall won convincingly. That story is over.

How many of you have sons playing? What a great experience for all of them. I hope my son is as mean and nasty as he can be to yours on the field but then commends them for a valiant effort afterwards before he celebrates?

"Blonde Bomber, if a bone ain't sticking out...tape an asprin to it and play"

(Kenny Stabler to Boomer Esiason)

Sorry, that was Kenny Stabler to Terry Bradshaw.

Everyone come in close:

Final Score

Denison 42

SS 24

You have played 1 team with the horses that Denison has and you were taken to the wood shed. You are the defending State Champs and you will be until someone beats you. I'm not sure if Denison can win the whole thing, but I know it won't be SS that ends their season. The 2 headed monster will be on show for all to see on Saturday afternoon. I just hope you will come on here and admit that your loss was no fluke!!! You have every right to believe in your team and hope for the best, but hope and wishing won't do anything, but get your feelings hurt. It's all over but the crying SS!!! Have a good night!

Everyone come in close:

Final Score

Denison 42

SS 24

You have played 1 team with the horses that Denison has and you were taken to the wood shed. You are the defending State Champs and you will be until someone beats you. I'm not sure if Denison can win the whole thing, but I know it won't be SS that ends their season. The 2 headed monster will be on show for all to see on Saturday afternoon. I just hope you will come on here and admit that your loss was no fluke!!! You have every right to believe in your team and hope for the best, but hope and wishing won't do anything, but get your feelings hurt. It's all over but the crying SS!!! Have a good night!

Well dtown yr almost right instead of a 2 headed MONSTER we have a 5 headed MONSTER... good luck SS in Containing the monsters.... :icon_mad:

Everyone come in close:

Final Score

Denison 42

SS 24

Same banter I heard last year. Please do not compare yourselves to Longview, you have nothing that you did not have last year and you could not play with Longview.