Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

It should have been 15 if your coach had any class and just kneeled down instead of running up the score.

You really went there. We couldn't take a knee you had three timeouts left. All we did was hand the ball off and y'all couldn't stop it. You are the only one that lacks class and you have throughout this entire episode...you and Beast21. The rest of your fans are showing great humility just as I would have and most of us would have and I would have never said your coach lacked class because we couldn't stop you from scoring. The game is four quarters...we try to score and you try to stop us...isn't that the way it goes!!!!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said the F word three times in front of the cheerleaders on the sideline when ran out of bounds and said it again in the lineup at end of game when my daughter cheerleader said she would not shake his hand because he had cussed in front of her. Yea a real class act.

Really the 'F' word on a football field offends you. I know DJ was not the only one of our players to use it...I'm sure throughout the course of the game my son said it a time or two...just as many of your players did...they are just words of aggression and whether you or I or anyone else likes it is part of a violent game.

• I am out of here and going to the Daingerfield thread if I do not get suspended. I no longer have a dog in this fight and I am a Daingerfield graduate and I will move along. But I am not normally this upset over things in a football game a talk so much trash in a thread, but a couple of ya'll got under my skin and I retaliated and I am sorry, but I believe my daughter and I know that all football players cuss, but there is a place and in front of girls is not it. Call me old fashioned and I have cussed in my life, but I have respect for people I do not know especially females and think that if you are going to be called an upstanding person that you should have that respect.

I would like to also call out the referees in this game. This is a state quarterfinal playoff game and D1 defensive end was pulled to the ground no less then 6 times in the game and two of them on plays where a touchdown was scored holding was never called. COME ON', MAN, you are paid to do a job, DO IT or QUIT.

I would like to commend Denison on one thing they out coached us in every area, except special teams and they will have to clean that up to win state. Your offensive coordinator was well prepared and made our defensive coordinator look very bad. The offensive blocking except for the holding was exceptional. Number 11 and number 8 are BEAST and very hard to block. DJ has a gift from GOD and needs to use it to his glory and he will realize that next year when he gets to college, one step and he is gone. Some college should take both of the QB's I saw last night with their frame and athletic ability and make them something special. We tried to win this game with one man and it is to late in the playoffs to make that happen. Great job Denison on your game plan. GOOD LUCK and if you win state, please lose the we are the champions music at the end, poor taste. If you get by Aledo, a very good team you will win.

We did not play the music. The stadium personnel was playing it.

One step could be the end in college ball. Look at Tyrick Rollison from SS, Suspended by Auburn University, And DJ Said the f word?? and he's a bad kid at 18?? No way your gonna hang that hat on DJ. He has too much of a support base to let that happen..

Just hope you don't have to play La Marque who beat you in 3 state title games.

Both teams you talk about have the same number of state titles as Denison, but more recent. Be glad you don't have to play Longview.

We won't play La Marque. They are down this year and by the way, That was 12 yrs ago dude, Good luck to the Lobos. You played the imposters last night. be proud of your team and Stop insulting a team that put you to the top of your district yesterday. You are the king of 13-4A, But The Denison Yellow Jackets put you there the last two weeks. Catch my drift?. Remember, Your season ain't over yet So, Do be dishin other teams.

Guest jeffjam
They won a state title in the 80s and went to 3 in the 90s. I doubt they'd want to trade places with SS.

Yo, Lobo2004, talk it while you can buddy. Just be sure and come back and back it up when Lobos get their clocks cleaned by DentonG. I would like to see them win 'cause they're in our district and DentonR is out, but I don't see that happening.

DentonG 58

LV 24

The coaching staff at Denison is very classy, as is the one at SS. I was very impressed with Denison's QB, he is a difference maker for sure. #11 made a lot of plays on both sides of the ball, especially on defense. We had a hard time blocking that guy. The boys said that the runningback (not mentioning any names but everyone knows who I'm talking about) had one of the dirtiest mouths of anyone they've been on the field with ever. He was talking the whole time and the SS coach was yelling at his boys to quit getting on his level because they were talking back to him. This stuff came directly from the players. Not trying to put anyone down, just making sure everyone is on the same page here. Good luck Denison from here out. I think that you guys or Aledo will win it. Congrats!

Well, if he's talking about the band playing "The Final Countdown" at the end, we did do it. We played it at half-time, too. We always play it with 5 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter, regardless of whether we're winning or losing. I don't get that song unstuck from my head until at least February.

We played it last year at Texas Stadium, too, with 2 minutes left. Were there complaints then?

Anyway, it was a great game between two great teams, just like last year. Thanks and best wishes to y'all. I'm sure we'll get a chance to do it again sometime.

He said the F word three times in front of the cheerleaders on the sideline when ran out of bounds and said it again in the lineup at end of game when my daughter cheerleader said she would not shake his hand because he had cussed in front of her. Yea a real class act.

DJ was in the heat of battle in a hard faught football game, he wasn't there to impress your daughter with his manners. Maybe she should cheer for the chess team. Hmmmm...

Yo, Lobo2004, talk it while you can buddy. Just be sure and come back and back it up when Lobos get their clocks cleaned by DentonG. I would like to see them win 'cause they're in our district and DentonR is out, but I don't see that happening.

DentonG 58

LV 24

Hey, if that happens, we still beat SS 45-0 LOL! But I guess you can hang onto LAST YEAR'S state title since it's about as relevant as ours from 1937 is.

We won't play La Marque. They are down this year and by the way, That was 12 yrs ago dude, Good luck to the Lobos. You played the imposters last night. be proud of your team and Stop insulting a team that put you to the top of your district yesterday. You are the king of 13-4A, But The Denison Yellow Jackets put you there the last two weeks. Catch my drift?. Remember, Your season ain't over yet So, Do be dishin other teams.

Yeah, you're right. It wasn't meant at you at all, but more towards the Denison fan talking trash. You and most Denison fans, I'm on your side, but he went a little overboard.

Guest jeffjam
Yeah, you're right. It wasn't meant at you at all, but more towards the Denison fan talking trash. You and most Denison fans, I'm on your side, but he went a little overboard.

Yes, Lobo2004 always roots for the team that played SS. Still sore we took home the ring and his team didn't. I would take a 45-0 woopin' every year if I still got the gold! :happy65: C'mon LV, show us what you can do when it really counts. The ring is much better than the patch.

Yes, Lobo2004 always roots for the team that played SS. Still sore we took home the ring and his team didn't. I would take a 45-0 woopin' every year if I still got the gold! :happy65: C'mon LV, show us what you can do when it really counts. The ring is much better than the patch.

LMAO So you'd rather get humiliated every year? Cause the glimmer of that state title will wear off apparently, since one from 1937 doesn't count now apparently. And I'm not sore about anything. We're obviously leaps and bounds better than you. Deal with it.

The coaching staff at Denison is very classy, as is the one at SS. I was very impressed with Denison's QB, he is a difference maker for sure. #11 made a lot of plays on both sides of the ball, especially on defense. We had a hard time blocking that guy. The boys said that the runningback (not mentioning any names but everyone knows who I'm talking about) had one of the dirtiest mouths of anyone they've been on the field with ever. He was talking the whole time and the SS coach was yelling at his boys to quit getting on his level because they were talking back to him. This stuff came directly from the players. Not trying to put anyone down, just making sure everyone is on the same page here. Good luck Denison from here out. I think that you guys or Aledo will win it. Congrats!

I know a friend of his folks and i will pass the word to him.

I saw the two penalties committed against our end that led to the two long scores but when you do the math we were still down by 1 even if those penatlies were called. Denison has a monster one two punch. The qb was huge and athletic. My view is two playoff heavyweights punched each other in the mouth over and over and in the end the better team this year won. I don't know if that proposed division II disrtict will ever see reality but I think having these two schools with the crowd followings and the recent history would make one heck of a in district rivalry. Good luck against Aledo next week.

It should have been 15 if your coach had any class and just kneeled down instead of running up the score.

You know... I was half right before the game.  I questioned what the reactions would be from WildcatsRule and wildtigers.  Well, WildcatsRule proved himself and has been very gracious.  But look what we have here.  Let me explain it to you.  Scoring with a two touchdown lead is not running up the score.  SS still had timeouts.  Lets say we kneel on it and punt.  A quick score is very possible.  Happened many times in the game.  While its hard to do, an onsides kick could be recovered and SS is driving to tie.  Speak a little louder about lack of class, please.

You know... I was half right before the game. I questioned what the reactions would be from WildcatsRule and wildtigers. Well, WildcatsRule proved himself and has been very gracious. But look what we have here. Let me explain it to you. Scoring with a two touchdown lead is not running up the score. SS still had timeouts. Lets say we kneel on it and punt. A quick score is very possible. Happened many times in the game. While its hard to do, an onsides kick could be recovered and SS is driving to tie. Speak a little louder about lack of class, please.

I moving on but, two years ago i attended the game with SS at their place. They were scoring in the last two minutes of the game and i surely thought SS was running it up on Denison, A team that was soundly defeated. So what goes around comes around. I was mad at that game two years ago and we were yelling at the SS coach telling him to take a knee But he didn't. I know how you must feel.

You know... I was half right before the game. I questioned what the reactions would be from WildcatsRule and wildtigers. Well, WildcatsRule proved himself and has been very gracious. But look what we have here. Let me explain it to you. Scoring with a two touchdown lead is not running up the score. SS still had timeouts. Lets say we kneel on it and punt. A quick score is very possible. Happened many times in the game. While its hard to do, an onsides kick could be recovered and SS is driving to tie. Speak a little louder about lack of class, please.

When you get the ball down to the 5 yard line 1 and 10 with a 15 point lead and the other team has not called time out, then you kneel until they call time out. It is the right thing to do.

What a sad, sad little boy you are.

No my son i am your elder and what a sad world we have become that it is alright to disrespect people just because it is a football game. There is no game or activity where kids are involved that is alright to disrespect people with vulgar language. I wonder how the staff chaplain might feel about this subject. And I see that earlier in the thread that someone has backed me up on what I said.

Good luck to the TEAM from Denison I know that you have a lot of great kids that deserve their moment in the sun and I hope for their sake that they get to taste the honor of winning a state title. To DJ I just want him to know that he is a great player, but the world is full of great players that never make it in the next level, because they get lost in the ways of the world and another great player gets their spot. I see it every day, great athletes go off to school and never make it.