Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

The Denison posters are all like a bunch of sales people trying to sale a concept or a product. Are ya'll trying to convince yourselves, because we know that you are good and we knew that you were good last year. We just think that we can win just like last year just not as easily.

Listen here were not like a bunch of Salesmen alot of us including myself is very nice and donot downgrade yr team, I just asked a very simple question, If you would have asked me about 1 of our x players I would have been very glad to tell you.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen here were not like a bunch of Salesmen alot of us including myself is very nice and donot downgrade yr team, I just asked a very simple question, If you would have asked me about 1 of our x players I would have been very glad to tell you.

to answer your question,no not anywhere near as good as they had last year like rollison, or young or jackson....Colton Lee is very good but he is not quite as good as Rollison,should be a very good game and i am looking forward to it!

Okay, I am confused? Is SS a good passing team or not? Some are saying they are and some are saying they are not? Others say they are balanced. I guess it is who you talk to and opinions differ from one person to another.

I would also like to know how Denison's interceptions against Marshall were "gifts given to them in the fourth quarter?" The way I saw it from the stands was, "they earned it!" Marshall was giving nothing away in that game!

BTW its LIBERTY you played, not Frisco. Give credit where credit is due. SS should feel very fortunate to be playing this week. Liberty played SS down to the wire. SS learned not to be so quick to count a victory just because you are "supposed" to win. They had to fight their butts off to win last week. Playoffs are all about who's playing hot; not what prior records show.

Okay, I am confused? Is SS a good passing team or not? Some are saying they are and some are saying they are not? Others say they are balanced. I guess it is who you talk to and opinions differ from one person to another.

I would also like to know how Denison's interceptions against Marshall were "gifts given to them in the fourth quarter?" The way I saw it from the stands was, "they earned it!" Marshall was giving nothing away in that game!

SS does have a very good pass game but against Liberty they were more effective running the ball,and i totally agree with the whole interception thing,but SS will have to be more effectient passing the ball this week with yalls defense

This is a TEAM that plays against the strengh and weaknesses of the opponant. They are coached by one of the very best coaching staffs around and they are usually well prepared. They are a passing team and a running team and you will never know which one they are that night until it is over. That is why we never know and we are just as surprised as the team we play. So just like everyone has said it will be fun to watch and we are again the underdog so we have nothing to lose and everything to gain, we will have fun, win or lose.

Sounds as if the tone is changing a little on the SS side from earlier in the week.

Tone maybe changing just a bit but I have talked to some of my family members there in SS and they told me there tryin to get like half the town to come out for the game Sat which is about 7500 people. Denison should outnumber that pretty easy since it supposed to be clear and sunny but a lil chilly on Sat... :happy65:

Guest jeffjam
Tone maybe changing just a bit but I have talked to some of my family members there in SS and they told me there tryin to get like half the town to come out for the game Sat which is about 7500 people. Denison should outnumber that pretty easy since it supposed to be clear and sunny but a lil chilly on Sat... :happy65:

Denison had a relatively small crowd showing last year at Tex Stadium as opposed to SS. Just wondering if they are just more into it this year.

Denison had a relatively small crowd showing last year at Tex Stadium as opposed to SS. Just wondering if they are just more into it this year.

Well its kinda hard to tell with a stadium the size of Texas Stadium especially with everyone like spread out and stuff, Me and a few of my friends was told last Sat by 1 of the Mesquite maintenance guys that we aere the biggest crowd that they have seen in like 4 yrs there on the visitors side I know that side seats about 6500 they had to bring in extra seating for our band and I do know this that some of our fans had to sit over on the marshall side. :rolleyes:

The Denison posters are all like a bunch of sales people trying to sale a concept or a product. Are ya'll trying to convince yourselves, because we know that you are good and we knew that you were good last year. We just think that we can win just like last year just not as easily.

Wrong, not trying to sell you anything... Just prepare you!! Having a kid on the team last year & this year,it's a whole different ball game. Last year the coaches knew that we were out matched & even hinted to the kids that win or lose, no hard feelings. This year it's all WIN!!!!! Can't wait. BTW some Aggies were @ Denisons practice Tuesday talking to some of the boys.

Best I can tell is that the beast is #21 DJ Jones the RB - But it could be referring to the team as a whole. He hits hard and runs low to the ground - sounds 'beastly' to me. :icon_confused:

That guy is a hard runner that didn't prove much of anything until the 2nd half against Marshall. When he turned it on, he looked like a good runner. The first half may have had more to do with their O Line than it did with the RB though. There just wasnt many holes and the Linebackers were all over him when he got outside. The quarterback made their offense work against Marshall.

Wrong, not trying to sell you anything... Just prepare you!! Having a kid on the team last year & this year,it's a whole different ball game. Last year the coaches knew that we were out matched & even hinted to the kids that win or lose, no hard feelings. This year it's all WIN!!!!! Can't wait. BTW some Aggies were @ Denisons practice Tuesday talking to some of the boys.

That is funny that you mention that. There were close to 60 scouts or more come to Spring football last year to recruit this year's Marshall class. Scouts show you have talent, but they have nothing to do with performance.

Guest jeffjam
Well its kinda hard to tell with a stadium the size of Texas Stadium especially with everyone like spread out and stuff, Me and a few of my friends was told last Sat by 1 of the Mesquite maintenance guys that we aere the biggest crowd that they have seen in like 4 yrs there on the visitors side I know that side seats about 6500 they had to bring in extra seating for our band and I do know this that some of our fans had to sit over on the marshall side. :rolleyes:

Ah man... they told us the same thing! Whats up with that?!

Dension will probably win the number of fans competition but SS will win the game.

SS can win yr right about that but they are gonna have to bottle up Jordon Taylor which runs a 4.5-4.6 speed and that can air the ball out, ive heard SS doesnt have a good pass defense. Also from what ive been told the SS O-Line is just big and SOFT. not sure how that will play out. :icon_mad:

Guest jeffjam
Lol dont remember yall playin at Hanby field this year, yall played last week at memorial Stadium and its much bigger than Hanby

I mean when we were there this year. They told us we were the biggest crowd.

Come on Saturday! I don't think I can take much more of this. I'm surprised someone hasn't thrown in a my dad can beat up your dad line yet. Everyone should know both teams have great support from their community. Everyone should know every team has over the top fans. Everyone should know both teams are talented. Everyone should know these are not the same teams from last year. Everyone should know these are not the same teams from earlier this year. Everyone should know comparing common opponents is not a reliable indicator. Everyone should know this is the fourth consecutive year the teams have played. Everyone should know Sulphur Springs has won the last two years. Everyone should know Sulphur Springs is the defending state champion. Everyone should know that neither team is going to lay down for the other. Everyone should know this should be a great game! Good luck to the poor little guys from Denison!

Guest jeffjam
Come on Saturday! I don't think I can take much more of this. I'm surprised someone hasn't thrown in a my dad can beat up your dad line yet. Everyone should know both teams have great support from their community. Everyone should know every team has over the top fans. Everyone should know both teams are talented. Everyone should know these are not the same teams from last year. Everyone should know these are not the same teams from earlier this year. Everyone should know comparing common opponents is not a reliable indicator. Everyone should know this is the fourth consecutive year the teams have played. Everyone should know Sulphur Springs has won the last two years. Everyone should know Sulphur Springs is the defending state champion. Everyone should know that neither team is going to lay down for the other. Everyone should know this should be a great game! Good luck to the poor little guys from Denison!

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Does everyone know that the Jackets lead the all-time series against SS, 9-6-2..... make that 10-6-2 after Saturday!

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

I know I can probably speak for alot of my friends & family in SS is that I wished we all were getting ready for the game I cant wait. Does anyone know if I people are allowed to walk over to the opposite side due to the fact im suppose to go over to the SS side and see some of my family there on Sat...

We all know all this stuff! But it's just sooooo much fun to read! :thumbsup: