Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

Does everyone know that the Jackets lead the all-time series against SS, 9-6-2..... make that 10-6-2 after Saturday!

We do lead the all time series but its the playoffs and records mean absolutely nothing dont get me wrong I luv my Jackets but SS is the defending state champs and they got there for a reason. Its going to be a tough fought game but the jackets will pull away late in the game. SS wont go down easy just like we wont :icon_mad:

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS can win yr right about that but they are gonna have to bottle up Jordon Taylor which runs a 4.5-4.6 speed and that can air the ball out, ive heard SS doesnt have a good pass defense. Also from what ive been told the SS O-Line is just big and SOFT. not sure how that will play out. :icon_mad:

I hope your team believes all of this. That will be great.

SS can win yr right about that but they are gonna have to bottle up Jordon Taylor which runs a 4.5-4.6 speed and that can air the ball out, ive heard SS doesnt have a good pass defense. Also from what ive been told the SS O-Line is just big and SOFT. not sure how that will play out. :icon_mad:

i dont see why everyone keeps saying SS o line is big but soft? Yall have started to notice Colton Lee's running ability, but why do you think he has those 20 yard scrambles. Ive seen the o line create holes big enough to drive a truck through, so unless youve seen them in person, stop saying it.

I know I can probably speak for alot of my friends & family in SS is that I wished we all were getting ready for the game I cant wait. Does anyone know if I people are allowed to walk over to the opposite side due to the fact im suppose to go over to the SS side and see some of my family there on Sat...

You should be able to get to the other side pretty easy, it is a horse shoe stadium.

To answer your questions on our RB and Lee's speed. We have a sophmore at RB that is doing a great job, he is still learning and gets better every game. I have noticed that he is getting a good vision at finding holes and looks for holes. He hasn't been the starter the whole season, we had a very good RB to start the season but have lost him due to other reasons. Our number 1 back moved to Denton and has put up huge numbers for Dento Ryan, that was a tough loss.

I do not know what Lee runs the 40 in, my guess would be about a 4.6. I know people have a problem catching him when he gets in the open.

SS does has a great passing offense, they still look to pass first, but Lee is more apt to run than Rollison was. He has improved by about 10 times since the season began and his passing has become much more accurate. Play calling is very balanced, a true 50/50 run/pass.

i dont see why everyone keeps saying SS o line is big but soft? Yall have started to notice Colton Lee's running ability, but why do you think he has those 20 yard scrambles. Ive seen the o line create holes big enough to drive a truck through, so unless youve seen them in person, stop saying it.

With all due respect I watched the Longview game and was wondering what happened with the O line there just curious you might can clue me in on that....

With all due respect I watched the Longview game and was wondering what happened with the O line there just curious you might can clue me in on that....

okay, longview is in a class of their own. I will give you that one, but pretty much every other game this year the offensive line took care of business

You should be able to get to the other side pretty easy, it is a horse shoe stadium.

To answer your questions on our RB and Lee's speed. We have a sophmore at RB that is doing a great job, he is still learning and gets better every game. I have noticed that he is getting a good vision at finding holes and looks for holes. He hasn't been the starter the whole season, we had a very good RB to start the season but have lost him due to other reasons. Our number 1 back moved to Denton and has put up huge numbers for Dento Ryan, that was a tough loss.

I do not know what Lee runs the 40 in, my guess would be about a 4.6. I know people have a problem catching him when he gets in the open.

SS does has a great passing offense, they still look to pass first, but Lee is more apt to run than Rollison was. He has improved by about 10 times since the season began and his passing has become much more accurate. Play calling is very balanced, a true 50/50 run/pass.

Thank you wildcat 90 youve answered alot of my concerns that Lee is no Slouch by all means was wondering in a post earlier what happened with SS against Longview I think it should have been a very close game....

Guest jeffjam
Heat? In this thread? Really? Stench would be a much better description.

You must like the smell, you keep coming back. :sorcerer:

okay, longview is in a class of their own. I will give you that one, but pretty much every other game this year the offensive line took care of business

I agree with you on that but each team improves everyweek. So this 1 will be a burn burner of a game...

That was a wierd game, SS only ran about 2 or 3 running plays the 1st half. The O-line actually did a good job and we moved the ball on the ground in the 2nd half. LV only rushed 3 and did a great job in pass coverage, we just couldn't get open and eventually the O-line is going to break down.

SS just had the wrong game plan, we should have concentrated on the run and shorten the game. LV had a very explosive running game and pretty much scored at will. We were actually in the game through the 1st quarter and then it all unraveled.

On another game note...

Parking.

Does anyone know if there is a charge to park ? Last year, when we played at the stadium, I parked in a business lot and had no trouble.(But it was a night game and the business was closed.) Now that we are on the home side, I don't know where the best spot would be? Any suggestions ?

whatever happened to...Dejuan gentry. remember seeing him run 3 punts back against mp in the 90's (it was hilarious) & know he went to a&m for awhile. anybody know?

Well Gentry has like dropped off the map kinda when we made state champ apperances 95-97 he was there in i think 2 of the games and like did nothing, But our Coach then Bob Brown was like arrogont he didnt like the kids parents or anybody i dont even think he liked his own family glad hes gone whew, Watch out for Cody Reeves on Sat he can return punts very good....

On another game note...

Parking.

Does anyone know if there is a charge to park ? Last year, when we played at the stadium, I parked in a business lot and had no trouble.(But it was a night game and the business was closed.) Now that we are on the home side, I don't know where the best spot would be? Any suggestions ?

All I know it cost 5 to park there and i dont know much about the home side

Thank you wildcat 90 youve answered alot of my concerns that Lee is no Slouch by all means was wondering in a post earlier what happened with SS against Longview I think it should have been a very close game....

You ever play one of those teams that just have your numer? That is what SS has with LV. We went into that game beat, I was really disapointed in the lack of confidence of our team in that game. We would have played perfect to have a CHANCE to win that game.

Marshall was one of those games where we had 400 yds of offense and nothing to show for it, mainly turnovers inside the 20. I am not saying we would should have beat them, but we played absolutely horrible and made a ton of mistakes. If the game was played again I am almost postive it would not be a 40 point win for Marshall.

You ever play one of those teams that just have your numer? That is what SS has with LV. We went into that game beat, I was really disapointed in the lack of confidence of our team in that game. We would have played perfect to have a CHANCE to win that game.

Marshall was one of those games where we had 400 yds of offense and nothing to show for it, mainly turnovers inside the 20. I am not saying we would should have beat them, but we played absolutely horrible and made a ton of mistakes. If the game was played again I am almost postive it would not be a 40 point win for Marshall.

Lol yes sir Wildcat we play that 1 with Sherman every year and all the records get thrown out the window on that one it was like in 07 when we played Sherman last game of the year they were headed for post season we were headed to bounce basketballs. Sherman came out and dominated us for like 3 qtrs then we just stormed back from a 17 or so point deficit and won that game. So Sherman must be kinda like yall playin Longview lol. But sherman couldnt hold A lite to yall or longview... :thumbsup:

That is funny that you mention that. There were close to 60 scouts or more come to Spring football last year to recruit this year's Marshall class. Scouts show you have talent, but they have nothing to do with performance.

Spring football.....Hmmm.....What about now?? When all that talent (that the scouts have been recruiting) come together on one team, it's all about performance and what a performance it is!! Oh yea Kansas was here yesterday.

Serious IF question now: If Marshall and SS had a rematch today, what would the outcome be?