Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know. Don't care. Doesn't matter.

Really put that out to the person that posted that SS could have been beat by a 1A team back then & has much improved.

I know your not a coulda, woulda, shoulda person or even a what iffer, But if Denison rematched Big Spring now, guarantee the outcome would be different. Not so confident in your team?

Sulphur Springs vs. Denison- Hmmm...reigning State Champions vs. an ailing Yellerjacket squad. I really liked Denison's chances coming into this season. Possibly one of the top 5 running backs in the state and they beat a very good team in the first round of 2008. D.J. comes back and gets beat up pretty bad so far this year. Now the fate of his team depends on his ability to go. SS loses their main man to graduation and this team struggles a couple of times this year while they get their new legs under them.

I'm impressed with SS and how they put it all together and are now still going strong. I'm worried about Denison's injuries. I think Denison has not adjusted to the losses they had, yet. They may very well prove me wrong, but I am picking the upset in this one. However, from what I can see, the Wildcats ought to be favored. So here goes my GUESS!

Sulfer Sprangs Kats 38 Densun Yaller Jackets 29

:w00t: :smirk:

Hey Microtrav....I wondered where you went. Last year I enjoyed your posts;lots of fans seem to have wound up over here on this site. Just like last year, you are picking another team over Denison. It's good that you are because you missed it every time last year. You could tell these SS folks what it's like to run their mouths so much before a game...remember all the Royce City stuff last year?? Heck, I remember all the doubters just last week before the Marshall game. There was not a voice of reason to be found. Most of you posts were more classy than the east Texas ones though. To be sure this week's game will be a battle, but never doubt the Jackets. This team is ready to do something special for the team, the school, and our town. Go YellowJackets.

Hey Microtrav....I wondered where you went. Last year I enjoyed your posts;lots of fans seem to have wound up over here on this site. Just like last year, you are picking another team over Denison. It's good that you are because you missed it every time last year. You could tell these SS folks what it's like to run their mouths so much before a game...remember all the Royce City stuff last year?? Heck, I remember all the doubters just last week before the Marshall game. There was not a voice of reason to be found. Most of you posts were more classy than the east Texas ones though. To be sure this week's game will be a battle, but never doubt the Jackets. This team is ready to do something special for the team, the school, and our town. Go YellowJackets.

Name me a team that is not ready to TRY to do something special for the team, the school, and their town. We are not ready to lose, end of story.

Name me a team that is not ready to TRY to do something special for the team, the school, and their town. We are not ready to lose, end of story.

You may not be ready to lose, but come Saturday, you will. :)

Seriously, I admire your team. For God's sake, they won state last year and are in the final 8 this year. Quite an accomplishment.

On another game note...

Parking.

Does anyone know if there is a charge to park ? Last year, when we played at the stadium, I parked in a business lot and had no trouble.(But it was a night game and the business was closed.) Now that we are on the home side, I don't know where the best spot would be? Any suggestions ?

I always park in the Moody garage. It is easy in, easy out. There will not be enough parking off Ownby. Where ever you park make sure you enter on the correct side of the stadium. Last year they would not let you cross sides once you were in.

The only real thing that concerns me about SS winning is if they get down early, will they have the patience to come all the way back and lose patience and make mistakes much like Marshall did in the second half last week. This team has alot of seasoned Seniors and I feel like they can rise to any occasion and are not ready to be finished.

The thing that would concern me in I were a Denison fan is that they have not really been hit square in the mouth since last year, until the first half of the Marshall game, although they did respond the second half of the Marshall game, (I really blame that on Marshall not making any adjustments going into or during the second half and then panicked and made mistakes). Can Denison overcome being hit in the mouth and played just as physical as they are and be able to keep it up a full game since they have not had to do it very many times this year. Can they play four quarters just as strong as they start the first quarter, because I know that SS can.

Can they play four quarters just as strong as they start the first quarter, because I know that SS can.

And you know this because of what? Something they've done against any legitimately good teams they have played? I've read a bunch of excuses for just about every game they've had this season against somebody that's actually good.

The only real thing that concerns me about SS winning is if they get down early, will they have the patience to come all the way back and lose patience and make mistakes much like Marshall did in the second half last week. This team has alot of seasoned Seniors and I feel like they can rise to any occasion and are not ready to be finished.

The thing that would concern me in I were a Denison fan is that they have not really been hit square in the mouth since last year, until the first half of the Marshall game, although they did respond the second half of the Marshall game, (I really blame that on Marshall not making any adjustments going into or during the second half and then panicked and made mistakes). Can Denison overcome being hit in the mouth and played just as physical as they are and be able to keep it up a full game since they have not had to do it very many times this year. Can they play four quarters just as strong as they start the first quarter, because I know that SS can.

This is the type of post I believe frustrates fans from both schools. School X does something and then a fan of school Y discredits it and vice versa. If you were a fan of Denison you would be concerned about whether or not Denison can handle a situation that came to fruition and was handled just a week ago? It seems at times from both sides that people are simply unwilling to give either team credit for their accomplishments.

From reading this post, and some of SS fan's posts all year, neither has actually ever been beat. The other team just ended up with more points at the end because they did not play well and missed a couple of tackles or dropped a pass or got a bad call or did not really want it or were not playing as a TEAM or were just beggining to jell etc.

The good thing for both teams is that the way this bracket shaped up this year they really only have to beat two good teams out of 6 in the playoffs to be state champs!

Anyways, I really hope SS wins despite the constant bantering of a few of their fans.

East Texas has the best football and everyone else in the state needs to recognize it.

And you know this because of what? Something they've done against any legitimately good teams they have played? I've read a bunch of excuses for just about every game they've had this season against somebody that's actually good.

And you somehow know who is good and who is not?

Lots of confidence from Denison shown on this post and I can't blame them. Denison, your stats for the year are amazing. I am a SS fan, obviously, but I think this game could go either way. I have payed much attention all year long to the Massey Ratings and I know that they are NOT perfect, but the accuracy rate is very high. This is how they compare the two schools, which I believe is based on regular season stats and not the playoffs, and it is very biased towards Denison......

Team Ranking in 4A-Div II - D 9 / SS 22

Schedule Difficulty - D 87 / SS 36

Offense - D 9 / SS 25

Defense - D 39 / SS 31

Power - D 10 / SS 21

They do not show any predictions for this game as yet (From what I have found)

The only common ground we have seen from these two teams are the Frisco Liberty games and Marshall games. SS put up more points on FL, but allowed more points in their win and Denison beat a Marshall team that punished SS (although anyone that saw that game would say that SS beat themselves during that game).

Could be the end of the road for SS if they don't bring it on Defense the entire game. If SS can halfway manage to contain the RB/QB tandom, they should be able to score enough to win. If they let the RB have a big game, it will go to Denison. I do predict a good game and say that whichever team wins this game could very well go on to win state. Lots of talent on these two teams. Good luck to both, with a little extra luck to my home team SS!

From reading this post, and some of SS fan's posts all year, neither has actually ever been beat. The other team just ended up with more points at the end because they did not play well and missed a couple of tackles or dropped a pass or got a bad call or did not really want it or were not playing as a TEAM or were just beggining to jell etc.

The good thing for both teams is that the way this bracket shaped up this year they really only have to beat two good teams out of 6 in the playoffs to be state champs!

Anyways, I really hope SS wins despite the constant bantering of a few of their fans.

East Texas has the best football and everyone else in the state needs to recognize it.

And you somehow who is good and who is not. I agree that east texas has the best football and I would qulify that with north east texas actually. SS will win I was just trying to make the point that Denison has not really had to play all four quarters and SS has and should be in the better shape to handle all four quarters.

Lots of confidence from Denison shown on this post and I can't blame them. Denison, your stats for the year are amazing. I am a SS fan, obviously, but I think this game could go either way. I have payed much attention all year long to the Massey Ratings and I know that they are NOT perfect, but the accuracy rate is very high. This is how they compare the two schools, which I believe is based on regular season stats and not the playoffs, and it is very biased towards Denison......

Team Ranking in 4A-Div II - D 9 / SS 22

Schedule Difficulty - D 87 / SS 36

Offense - D 9 / SS 25

Defense - D 39 / SS 31

Power - D 10 / SS 21

They do not show any predictions for this game as yet (From what I have found)

The only common ground we have seen from these two teams are the Frisco Liberty games and Marshall games. SS put up more points on FL, but allowed more points in their win and Denison beat a Marshall team that punished SS (although anyone that saw that game would say that SS beat themselves during that game).

Could be the end of the road for SS if they don't bring it on Defense the entire game. If SS can halfway manage to contain the RB/QB tandom, they should be able to score enough to win. If they let the RB have a big game, it will go to Denison. I do predict a good game and say that whichever team wins this game could very well go on to win state. Lots of talent on these two teams. Good luck to both, with a little extra luck to my home team SS!

well i checked maxpreps and for what its worth there comp is going with Denison, and last week against Marshall it showed an even game....

well i checked maxpreps and for what its worth there comp is going with Denison, and last week against Marshall it showed an even game....

What was the score that they show? I still can't get it to show me.

They picked a tie game between SS and Marshall and we know what happened there.

Ties show you that the teams match up well, it just depends on who makes the least amount of mistakes. If they show Denison winning big, it will just prove that SS is going to have their hands full of RB and QB!

Like I said, SS will have to bring it on Defense!